Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Video Interview

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:00 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it sounds like something else
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:48 am

So have been at my new job for 3 weeks now.

Unlike Skids, once I decided to start applying for a job it didn't take long.
Had been scanning SEEK but hadn't submitted any applications until this job came up.

First I had to find my CV and update it from the last time it was done over 10 years ago!

Submitted application on the Thursday night, last minute decision to go for it as applications closed the next day.
Got a phone call the following morning to come in for an interview just after lunch in the city.
Interview went well, CEO and accountant very friendly but as always not sure if I had answered questions well enough.
They were also interviewing 2 other candidates.
Did some shopping in the city, on the way home on the train got a phone call to offer me the job
They were impressed with my CV and experience and my former boss had given me a glowing reference.

Is a 12 month contract, 20 hours per week over 3 days.
Similar salary.
Potential for contract to be extended depending on how things go and if/when the person who was in the job decides to return from maternity leave.

Been a steep learning curve over the past 3 weeks learning new systems and a new accounting package but good to get the little grey cells active again.
Enjoyed the 5 week break from work but missed the routine that having a job brings.

Only bummer is that my work days are Monday, Wednesday, Friday, so no long weekend anymore. Very Happy

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:57 am

As well as this site being huge, they have some sensational facilities.

Adjacent to the camp is a shift change area. Within the area are; multiple bbqs, a music room (with instruements), golf simulator, a large bar area with - table tennis, pool tables, pinball machines, video games etc and the one room we used last night.... 7 x V8 supercar simulators!

These are the real deal, used by supercar drivers! Impossible to drive with the 'assists' off. $150k per machine. Great fun!

K 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:34 am

Sounds great! Are you allowed to bring in guests?! Smile
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:10 pm

K wrote:
Sounds great! Are you allowed to bring in guests?! Smile

We are. On Mondays they have family site visits. When on r n r you can fly up with family/friends, dependant on seats available on the plane.

You have to see these things to believe it! Strap in, seat moves, the 3 big screens wrapped around you, feels like you are actually driving. Was a buzz going down Conrod straight... I think I died at the turn though.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:18 am

Dark Beanie wrote:
So have been at my new job for 3 weeks now.

Unlike Skids, once I decided to start applying for a job it didn't take long.
Had been scanning SEEK but hadn't submitted any applications until this job came up.

First I had to find my CV and update it from the last time it was done over 10 years ago!

Submitted application on the Thursday night, last minute decision to go for it as applications closed the next day.
Got a phone call the following morning to come in for an interview just after lunch in the city.
Interview went well, CEO and accountant very friendly but as always not sure if I had answered questions well enough.
They were also interviewing 2 other candidates.
Did some shopping in the city, on the way home on the train got a phone call to offer me the job
They were impressed with my CV and experience and my former boss had given me a glowing reference.

Is a 12 month contract, 20 hours per week over 3 days.
Similar salary.
Potential for contract to be extended depending on how things go and if/when the person who was in the job decides to return from maternity leave.

Been a steep learning curve over the past 3 weeks learning new systems and a new accounting package but good to get the little grey cells active again.
Enjoyed the 5 week break from work but missed the routine that having a job brings.

Only bummer is that my work days are Monday, Wednesday, Friday, so no long weekend anymore. Very Happy

Congratulations that’s awesome.

And skids that car things sounds awesome!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: