Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Adam Treloar given green light by Surgeons

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckley's now trying to hose things down a bit.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:45 pm

think positive wrote:
Treloar has rehabbed up a storm, the club had to tell him to back off, hes keen, hes eager, and the doctors are keeping a very close eye on him. I doubt there has been a player as professional in his training and recovery since Buckley. Lets hope he gets up, just him being out these would be such a boost in morale.

Didn't help Bucks coming back from hamstrings though, did it.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:59 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
Treloar has rehabbed up a storm, the club had to tell him to back off, hes keen, hes eager, and the doctors are keeping a very close eye on him. I doubt there has been a player as professional in his training and recovery since Buckley. Lets hope he gets up, just him being out these would be such a boost in morale.

Buckley was 35.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:01 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:

Buckley was 35.

Can you please go over your mood again when they wouldn't get Elliot off the ground in the North VFL game? Wink

www.facebook/the hybernators
E 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:50 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
think positive wrote:

Spot on TP. Just his presence would give the whole team a psychological boost. For his first game back, I'd just plant him in the forward pocket, rather than use him in the mid field. He has shown before he can be a valuable weapon up forward, and it would give us an incredibly talented and flexible fleet of small/mid sized forwards, with Treloar, JDG, WHE and Stephenson.

I don't agree with that. He is either fit to play or he isn't. If he can't play midfield he is not fit to play and shouldn't take the place of a fit player. The days of getting fitness back while resting in the forward pocket are over.
whoever he plays on will be instructed to run him ragged. Cant do that. Medicos have a big call. Sadly, i think in the AFL, the medicos just flip a coin. Especially with hammies. Look at the disaster that has been Moore and Elliot......
E 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:

Buckley was 35.

i think the age had a factor. But if i recall, buckley didnt respect the injury enough and did it several times in a row. That was the end.

The saddest what if in the world was in the 2007 prelim. What if we won and Buckley couldn't play in the GF .... The reason Buckley did the hamstring is because of the efforts he put into the last quarter to try to will us over the line. You simply can't fatigue a dicky hammy!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:05 am

E wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:

Buckley was 35.

i think the age had a factor. But if i recall, buckley didnt respect the injury enough and did it several times in a row. That was the end.

The saddest what if in the world was in the 2007 prelim. What if we won and Buckley couldn't play in the GF .... The reason Buckley did the hamstring is because of the efforts he put into the last quarter to try to will us over the line. You simply can't fatigue a dicky hammy!

nothing to do with respecting his injury - all to do with carrying that team on his shoulders.

he had a lot of hamstring problems over the years, and the one that he never really came back from was against the bulldogs at the MCG, in 2005, i was there with hubby and my girls aged 9 & 10, it was early in the year, and he went down like he was shot, and i stood there with tears streaming down my face. ill never forget it!!

Treloar has Bucks, the Sports psychologist and the doc that was with us in 2010 on his case. i doubt they will let him do something dumb.

you know this time of the year always gets to me, there is always at least one player not from our club that brings a tear to my eye. Honest Nick R was one. and our players gees, i need shares in kleenex! Swan upset me but nothing compares to the buckets i cried when Buckley said he was done. I was just about out the door to take the girls to play at royal park state league, and it came on telly, and i stood there inconsolable! Maybe thats why i like Treloar so much, he reminds me of Buckley. The greatest, most honest, hardest working player i have ever seen bar none. thanks for reminding me of that!! cheers

K 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:11 am

think positive wrote:
Treloar has Bucks, the Sports psychologist and the doc that was with us in 2010 on his case. i doubt they will let him do something dumb.

Sadly, the club does not have a sports psychologist (though there's nothing stopping a player from outsourcing one). Sadly, the club does not seem to understand the need for one.
Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:17 am

think positive wrote:

he had a lot of hamstring problems over the years, and the one that he never really came back from was against the bulldogs at the MCG, in 2005, i was there with hubby and my girls aged 9 & 10, it was early in the year, and he went down like he was shot, and i stood there with tears streaming down my face. ill never forget it!!

I was at that game, too. I took my young fella to the game and we sat up in the Ponsford stand. I remember seeing him go down - near the boundary on the flank or pocket as I recall - and I said to the young fella "he's done a hammy".
I remember Buckley punching the ground and from that I could see that he knew what had happened.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:57 am

K wrote:
think positive wrote:

Sadly, the club does not have a sports psychologist (though there's nothing stopping a player from outsourcing one). Sadly, the club does not seem to understand the need for one.

not a full time one, they work with one at Olympic sports medicine.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:58 am

Abdul The Bull wrote:
think positive wrote:

I was at that game, too. I took my young fella to the game and we sat up in the Ponsford stand. I remember seeing him go down - near the boundary on the flank or pocket as I recall - and I said to the young fella "he's done a hammy".
I remember Buckley punching the ground and from that I could see that he knew what had happened.

yep exactly as i remember it.

Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:59 am

It was initially diagnosed as an 8 - 10 week injury. At 8 weeks, Treloar was running full tilt and the surgeons (who probably have a bit more knowledge on the matter than us superstitious punters) say that he's good to go. He'll probably be back for the first final at 10 weeks.

Play him and play him in the guts. He might lack a bit of match fitness so rest him while he gets his tank back.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:03 am

Is him and play him in the guts a game or a musical instrument?
E 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:03 am

Geek wrote:
It was initially diagnosed as an 8 - 10 week injury. At 8 weeks, Treloar was running full tilt and the surgeons (who probably have a bit more knowledge on the matter than us superstitious punters) say that he's good to go. He'll probably be back for the first final at 10 weeks.

Play him and play him in the guts. He might lack a bit of match fitness so rest him while he gets his tank back.

I hope you are right. Medecine is not an exact science.

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:08 am

Player welfare (short and long term) should be our number one priority.

Applying this logic to Moore, Howe, Treloar and Goldsack, we should only play them if, on the balance of probabilities, we believe that playing will not compromise their long term health and wellbeing.

To do otherwise would be unethical.

Having said that, I believe that Treloar, Howe and, perhaps, Goldsack will run out in our first final. Having a truly fit Darcy Moore would be an absolute bonus.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: