Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Adam Treloar given green light by Surgeons

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckley said today on his SEN interview that Treloar was tracking well but a fair way to go really but if he kept progressing he would be in consideration for week 1 of finals providing he was able to train at high intensity for at least a week prior. Said playing him in the seconds wasn't any benefit really as his base fitness had remained it was only the intensity of training that would decide
Howe ruled out this week think the club have been overly cautious we can't afford to lose another back man before finals. Buckley said if it was a finals this week he could have played but they've taken the cautious approach
Goldie will play VFL this week and the week after and if he gets through both games will be considered for finals along with any of the VFL players in form
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:48 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I can see this ending badly, I really hope I'm wrong

If it's a clutch final against the Tiggers, we simply have to roll the dice and play him. Not many games left, and plenty of weeks off for the victors.

If we are wrong, he has got a solid 3 months to recover again without missing a large chunk of pre-season for 2019.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:54 pm

Buckley has downplayed the prospect of Treloar playing again for weeks.

Treloar will play week one of the finals, along with Howe. Moore and Goldsack will play week one (or two/three).

If we lose on Saturday (God forbid), I think all four night play as we go for broke. We ain’t gonna die wondering, cos we ain’t got a hope in hell with our current make shoft backline in September.

E 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:25 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I can see this ending badly, I really hope I'm wrong

I'm with you Stui. I worry that in the 2019 finals series (where we are raging favorites to win the flag), we end up regretting the fact that Treloar pushed himself to get us to the prelim.

Moore and Freeman (and frankly anyone who does a hamstring) should be a lesson here. I think you have one shot at making this injury a one time injury.
If you do a hammy twice, it feels like you become chronic. Not sure if we are close enough to a flag to justify taking the ultimate gamble with treloar's career.

#revisitin2019

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:27 pm

I will let you know if I do.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:58 am

If we make the top four, with WC minus Nic Nat and Gaff, and a Sydney team riding their luck (i.e. opposition injuries to get over the line), with a bunch of former super powers no longer super powerful, then we’re damn well close enough to give it a crack. Could be third time lucky (i.e. no injuries) vs Richmond.
Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:31 am

E wrote:
Not sure if we are close enough to a flag to justify taking the ultimate gamble with treloar's career.

#revisitin2019

Tend to agree, E. Besides, if we were to make the big dance without him, the question must be asked "Why couldn't we win it without him?"

The weight of expectation on Richmond to go back-to-back may be their undoing....

Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:14 am

I was in the camp that this may be a year of missed opportunity due to the length and quality of our injury list...

I've turned that around recently watching what we've been able to accomplish with who we put on the park... We have a dominant midfield still, we have a potent forward line still, and we have solid team defence that has held up well...

The thing that is very clear is that players coming into the side have all played their role and contributed to the overall team performance...

I am reminded (cliched) the a champion team will always beat a team of champions... We might just be the former.

Do we dare to dream?
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:22 am

Abdul The Bull wrote:
E wrote:
Not sure if we are close enough to a flag to justify taking the ultimate gamble with treloar's career.

#revisitin2019

Tend to agree, E. Besides, if we were to make the big dance without him, the question must be asked "Why couldn't we win it without him?"

The weight of expectation on Richmond to go back-to-back may be their undoing....

Pulling the trigger on both Goldy and Treloar is a tough call and the first instinct is to err on the side of caution. These guys are busting a gut because they want to play finals football. If they tick all the boxes after months of hard rehabbing, it would also be tough to deny them the chance of finals glory.
You can tell these two guys really want it. All we can do is trust in the medicos and hope for a good outcome for them both.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:30 am

Hard to deny them —in Treloar,s case there I suspect many motre opportunities

In the Sack,s cas this may be the last hoorah and as in my opinion the absolute best servant to the club in the last decade should be considered

Can kick a goal in a pinch (that first ripper one in GG mark 2) and play small or tall down back

If I was in the trenches mate he would be the man I would have as my backup

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:16 am

Treloar is one of our very best players.

If he proves his fitness then he plays.

It'll be that simple for the coach.

Goldsack is the long shot given he hasn't played at all this season at any level.

Treloar was in career best form.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:18 pm

Treloar has rehabbed up a storm, the club had to tell him to back off, hes keen, hes eager, and the doctors are keeping a very close eye on him. I doubt there has been a player as professional in his training and recovery since Buckley. Lets hope he gets up, just him being out these would be such a boost in morale.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:23 pm

think positive wrote:
Treloar has rehabbed up a storm, the club had to tell him to back off, hes keen, hes eager, and the doctors are keeping a very close eye on him. I doubt there has been a player as professional in his training and recovery since Buckley. Lets hope he gets up, just him being out these would be such a boost in morale.

Spot on TP. Just his presence would give the whole team a psychological boost. For his first game back, I'd just plant him in the forward pocket, rather than use him in the mid field. He has shown before he can be a valuable weapon up forward, and it would give us an incredibly talented and flexible fleet of small/mid sized forwards, with Treloar, JDG, WHE and Stephenson.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:18 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
think positive wrote:

Spot on TP. Just his presence would give the whole team a psychological boost. For his first game back, I'd just plant him in the forward pocket, rather than use him in the mid field. He has shown before he can be a valuable weapon up forward, and it would give us an incredibly talented and flexible fleet of small/mid sized forwards, with Treloar, JDG, WHE and Stephenson.

I don't agree with that. He is either fit to play or he isn't. If he can't play midfield he is not fit to play and shouldn't take the place of a fit player. The days of getting fitness back while resting in the forward pocket are over.
tbaker 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:19 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
think positive wrote:

The best of both worlds: rotate JDG and Treloar between forward and midfield

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: