Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sam Murray - Free to play in 2020

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Williamstown.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/ex-magpie-murray-signs-with-williamstown-20191209-p53i4f.html
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:10 am

I still cant help but wonder if he'd still be around had he not had a sniff
mattdally 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:30 pm

He would be - had blistering pace off half back and took the game on. No offense to Noble who I admit must have been desperately lucky to stay on the list - but Murray was a level above him.
K 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:27 am

"While he is running a successful digital company, Murray aches for a return to the AFL, and strong form could have him in calculations for a call-up in the mid-season draft.

Reflecting on his rugged year, Murray said he "inadvertently" came into contact with the drug on the Wednesday night before the test but insists he does not know how.

Asked if he could explain those contributing issues, he replied: "I can't actually say anything because I don't know if any of them are true. For me to speak about it would just be an assumption."

The Australian Sports Anti-Doping Agency said the Australian Sports Drug Testing Laboratory had detected the presence of benzoylecgonine, a metabolite of cocaine, in Murray's system.

As reported by The Age in October, sources said Murray had taken cocaine a week earlier – while on a night out after a match against North Melbourne – and traces of the drug had remained on clothing or another item that he later came in contact with again on or close to match day. This was the "inadvertent" contact that prompted a positive test.

This had come at a time when he was dealing with mental health issues, in particular anxiety, and had sought help from a psychologist. The death of his 13-year-old cousin in a farming incident had also rocked him and his family."

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/sam-murray-s-drug-ban-is-up-and-he-hopes-to-get-back-on-an-afl-list-20200303-p546j8.html
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:53 am

K wrote:
...sources said Murray had taken cocaine a week earlier – while on a night out after a match against North Melbourne

If accurate then that's all you need to know. The rest is just BS

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:00 am

I would like to get him back. He still has a lot to offer: fast, breaks lines and a reasonably good decision maker who can learn from his mistakes. He is motivated and will be better for the experience.
glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:47 am

watt price tully wrote:
I would like to get him back. He still has a lot to offer: fast, breaks lines and a reasonably good decision maker who can learn from his mistakes. He is motivated and will be better for the experience.

On the field I'd have to agree with you and off the field having success in a football career you would think help him - but I cannot get past what drugs did to West Coast and Ben Cousins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39
Page 39 of 39   

Jump to: