Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pulverise Port - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DT 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic performance today with an even contribution from everyone.

Hat tip to Maynard who stood up at critical moments and to Langdon who shows great versatility.

Murphy had a good debut and looks a likely type.

Pies are still an outside shot at second.

Hopefully Howe returns next week and Treloar for the finals.

It will be interesting if Moore and Goldsack can get up.

Go Pies!

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:50 pm

Congrats to Bux and all the lads for getting the club back into September action since 2013. It's been a long 4 years which is not much if you are a Suns or Blues supporter, but for us it feels like a lifetime.

This was a long arm wrestle for 3 qtrs, we looked quite vulnerable in the 3rd qtr when we couldn't score for a long period of time, what is up with our 3rd qtrs these days? The Power were hurt and they tapered off as you hoped they would and our guys to their credit really put them to the sword in the last which was the most pleasing aspect.

What can you say about Brodie Grundy? Another leviathan performance, totally dominated the game, was BOG easily just nudging 2 votes - C. Mayne who again played his best game for the club and was genuinely excellent. Adams was probably better but i'm on the Mayne Man bandwagon, can he lead us to the Holy Grail??? lol.

I thought this was another danger game going in, beware the wounded bull as they say but we got the job done again as we have done for most of the season. If we can get Howe, Moore (stay fit please) & Treloar back then we could still have a red hot crack at it.

Well done Pies!! Very Happy

MONCO: Your life.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:51 pm

stui magpie wrote:
masoncox wrote:
Bleedblackanwhite wrote:
Grundy is not human.
you speaketh the truth!!!

Loved the post game comments from Brereton, Westhoff is an aerobic beast and Grundy just ran him into the ground.

Very good win and how that severley undermanned backline managed to stand up under pressure has to be a credit to the system, game plan, whatever. On paper that backline should have been dismantled and we lose by 12 goals. In practice, they were just brilliant as a collective.

I see the Future Captain kept Gray to 1 goal and 1 assist. It’s good to play well as a collective but you’ve also got to keep the gun players under control.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:54 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Loved the post game comments from Brereton, Westhoff is an aerobic beast and Grundy just ran him into the ground.

Very good win and how that severely undermanned backline managed to stand up under pressure has to be a credit to the system, game plan, whatever. On paper that backline should have been dismantled and we lose by 12 goals. In practice, they were just brilliant as a collective.

Yeah, it simply amazes me that we could win like that today with half our preferred backline out. Such a wonderful, determined effort by a team that has huge belief in itself. We could have capitulated under the enormous pressure Port applied in the third term, but it was them that ran out of gas.

Grundy, Maynard, Sier, Adams were huge, just to name a few, but all players stuck to their role. So proud of our boys. Good first game from Murphy too.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:55 pm

Two weeks of over 100 points after opponents threw up a challenge

Good sides absorb that then turn the screws and with 12 players as goal scores today will be a damaging weapon

And now to Superman ,strange visitor from another planet and able to leap other ruckmen in a single bound who disguised at Mr Grundy fights a great battle

Pies2016 

Just some love for Maynard today.
I can’t remember him losing a contest. What he didn’t win, he halved at worst. His second efforts are as good as anyone’s and his ball use is improving.
E 

Pies4shaw wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
masoncox wrote:
Bleedblackanwhite wrote:
Grundy is not human.

Very good win and how that severley undermanned backline managed to stand up under pressure has to be a credit to the system, game plan, whatever. On paper that backline should have been dismantled and we lose by 12 goals. In practice, they were just brilliant as a collective.

I see the Future Captain kept Gray to 1 goal and 1 assist. It’s good to play well as a collective but you’ve also got to keep the gun players under control.

Langdon was super impressive today. Broke even with one of the best players in the comp and was still able to play his intercept game (9 of them today). His value is really shining through with all the injuries. Where would we be without him.... Gun!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:00 pm

Oxley stood up pretty well today, some skill errors notwithstanding. Think it’s Madgen who comes out for Howe, and then toss of the coin between which one of Oxley and Murray plays if the latter is available. Murphy probably gets one more opportunity before finals.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:03 pm

So long you choking, feral flogs! Laughing

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:04 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
masoncox wrote:
Bleedblackanwhite wrote:
Grundy is not human.

When you do watch the game you'll appreciate how much Port helped him out by putting the ball into Gray in the air, conditioning from kicking to Dixon. In the air, Langdon had Gray's measure easy, on the ground he was in serious trouble, but was supported well. The back 6 has become a plug and play unit, take out a piece, plug in another and it works just as well. Utterly fkn amazing and credit to the coaches.

E 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:10 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
masoncox wrote:
Bleedblackanwhite wrote:
Grundy is not human.

When you do watch the game you'll appreciate how much Port helped him out by putting the ball into Gray in the air, conditioning from kicking to Dixon. In the air, Langdon had Gray's measure easy, on the ground he was in serious trouble, but was supported well. The back 6 has become a plug and play unit, take out a piece, plug in another and it works just as well. Utterly fkn amazing and credit to the coaches.

Why are people so reluctant to give Langdon credit. Its quite shocking to me. It is just like the Nick Maxwell crap i had tro put up with in 2007, 2008 and 2009. Reliable backmen who do all the little things and hold a backline together just arent as obviously excellent as freaks like DeGoey and Stevo.

E 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:11 pm

David wrote:
Oxley stood up pretty well today, some skill errors notwithstanding. Think it’s Madgen who comes out for Howe, and then toss of the coin between which one of Oxley and Murray plays if the latter is available. Murphy probably gets one more opportunity before finals.

i'm glad you added the caveat. Personally, i thought if Madgen and Oxley were Dunn and Howe, we might have kept Port goalless today.

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:20 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
SwansWay wrote:
WOW!! GO PIES!! Played like a team that's making a serious statement.

And I love it every time P4S craps on Mayne. He just plays better and better!!! What a game from him.

Aside from a few errors, Oxley held up okay. I'm just so damn chuffed right now!!

He’s still a spud. I hated his game again today.

A grudge perhaps, like you hold against Dayne Beams? Ridiculous observation.

Oxley out for Howe next week.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:21 pm

dalyc wrote:
Great effort - thought WHE and JT a bit quiet but this team seems to find others who step up.

Backline superb given our stocks. Murphy nice debut, Madgen good, Ox ok, Maynard and Langdon and Crisp terrific.

Need some results to go our way for top 4 but who knows.

Sums it up for me too; was somewhat stressed at 3/4-time, but good to see us go in for the kill on wounded opponents.
Amazing that Pork Chowders only score/goal for the final term was the result of a tin-arse ricochet off one of our players legs at half forward, with 30 seconds to run in the game. Junk time goals still killing us, lol!

stui magpie wrote:
masoncox wrote:
Bleedblackanwhite wrote:
Grundy is not human.

Very good win and how that severely undermanned backline managed to stand up under pressure has to be a credit to the system, game plan, whatever.
On paper that backline should have been dismantled and we lose by 12 goals. In practice, they were just brilliant as a collective.

Correct on all counts peeps; more All-Australians lurking in their F50 than you can count, and our semi-VFL backline just held their nerve, with enough mids drifting down to help run the ball out time after time.

Monco Matt wrote:
Congrats to Bux and all the lads for getting the club back into September action since 2013. It's been a long 4 years which is not much if you are a Suns or Blues supporter, but for us it feels like a lifetime.

This was a long arm wrestle for 3 qtrs, we looked quite vulnerable in the 3rd qtr when we couldn't score for a long period of time, what is up with our 3rd qtrs these days?
The Power were hurt and they tapered off as you hoped they would and our guys to their credit really put them to the sword in the last which was the most pleasing aspect.

What can you say about Brodie Grundy? Another leviathan performance, totally dominated the game, was BOG easily just nudging 2 votes - C. Mayne who again played his best game for the club and was genuinely excellent.
Adams was probably better but i'm on the Mayne Man bandwagon, can he lead us to the Holy Grail??? lol.

I thought this was another danger game going in, beware the wounded bull as they say but we got the job done again as we have done for most of the season.
If we can get Howe, Moore (stay fit please) & Treloar back then we could still have a red hot crack at it.

Well done Pies!! Very Happy

Absolutely MM; although it could be argued Ryder played injured, and hardly disgraced himself. That's how desperate Port were to win this - it would have been a total slaughter without Ryder taking it up to Grundy as he did.

Mayne again doing all the 1%ers, keeping his feet and finding the targets.
Great to see Aish get plenty of the ball in 2nd half, another player who I have total faith in when he gets his hands on the pill.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:25 pm

E wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
masoncox wrote:
Bleedblackanwhite wrote:
Grundy is not human.

Why are people so reluctant to give Langdon credit. Its quite shocking to me. It is just like the Nick Maxwell crap i had tro put up with in 2007, 2008 and 2009. Reliable backmen who do all the little things and hold a backline together just arent as obviously excellent as freaks like DeGoey and Stevo.

I'm not reluctant to give langdon credit, nor do I like quoting multiple posts, but I'll do this one for context.

Langdon played a very good game against a bloke he was a bad matchup for. Port helped Langdon significantly early in the game particularly by not changing their game plan from "bomb it to Charlie". Langdon is really very good in the air and arial contests against Gray weren't even a challenge for him. When the ball was on the ground, Langdon was seriously out classed, which is no big shame as A it isn't his strength and B Gray has made people who ground level defending IS their strength look like witches hats in the past. He was very well supported by his fellow defenders which is a compliment to the group, not a knock on Langdon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13   

Jump to: