Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pulverise Port - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

And you know about messiah complexes precisely how, Pies4shaw?

Oh. Sorry. Langdon. I forgot you had experience.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:00 pm

If we finish 4th, we're gonna play RICH, oh God no!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:01 pm

Win next week and top 4 is ours.

Go swans.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:02 pm

ANNODAM wrote:

If we beat them in a QF we'd send them into the Eagles side of the draw. Better than a week 1 game in WA.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:04 pm

^ Yeah, as long as we don't have to play them twice. (If they have the equivalent of our injury list, though, I'd be happy to play them three or four times.)
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:05 pm

Awesome win. Great to get the Port monkey off our back.Loved how we put them away in the last. That's hardly been a Collingwood trait in the last 6 years.

Special mention to Tay Adams who played an great game, including kicking a clutch goal, and made really good decisions in traffic. I also didn't think he had a left, but he hit a couple of nice ones that made me think they looked better than his right! Speaking of which, Does Aish have a left foot? Or is it that he won't kick on his left because of the knee injury?

Another surprise was that Oxley did pretty well, apart from his kicking which saw him torch a couple of great opportunities going forward.

Grundy another commanding performance. JDG, Mihocek, Langdon, Pendles, Sidey, Mayne, Varcs, Phillips, Sier, Cox all good.
Madgen tries hard but I think he's completely out of his depth. Nothing agaisnt the guy, but he's the first one out when Howe comes back.
Murphy had an encouraging debut.

And just like that, GWS have opened the door to us for top 4. Who do we want for the first final? Richmond at the G or Toasters in Perth?
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:06 pm

Wokko wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:

If we beat them in a QF we'd send them into the Eagles side of the draw. Better than a week 1 game in WA.

You see, I think we have a better chance at beating WCE over there than RICH here...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
K 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:09 pm

^ The injury situation has a huge effect on that chance too (e.g. with or without Kennedy). With lots of stars out, they were embarrassed at home by the Bumbers. It's all about the injuries...
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:14 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
SwansWay wrote:
WOW!! GO PIES!! Played like a team that's making a serious statement.

And I love it every time P4S craps on Mayne. He just plays better and better!!! What a game from him.

Aside from a few errors, Oxley held up okay. I'm just so damn chuffed right now!!

Hes still a spud. ....

Mate someone's hacking your computer.

Mayne mashed the oppostion today and when things were tough he was there when others weren't.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:19 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
SwansWay wrote:

And I love it every time P4S craps on Mayne. He just plays better and better!!! What a game from him.

Aside from a few errors, Oxley held up okay. I'm just so damn chuffed right now!!

Hes still a spud. I hated his game again today.

I awarded him votes today, but then what would I know.
Larabee 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:27 pm

Nice work Pies. After my trek to Docklands last weekend (from the NSW north coast) and enjoying a big win by our mighty Woodsmen, I was hoping for a repeat today. Happy daze ahead. Now to scorch Freo and hopefully set up a meeting with the Weagles. (Does the team fly home if that is the case or just stay in the Wild West?)
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:29 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
SwansWay wrote:

Hes still a spud. I hated his game again today.

I awarded him votes today, but then what would I know.

He played for four quarters when most didnt.
Spent plenty of time on Polec, who is their go to outside playmaker.
Seems like you enough about the game to me, MBFC 😉
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:45 pm

Fantastic win, and what an awesome feeling to be playing finals after a few years in the wilderness. I didn't expect us to make it this year, so for us achieve it makes it very enjoyable.

Adams and Grundy were the standouts for mine. Both very imposing in their roles and dominant all across the ground. Grundy has fast become the best ruckman in the competition.

Mayne has copped it from supporters in the past, but the turnaround in fortunes for him has been remarkable. If someone told me that Mayne would be a regular fixture in our rise up the ladder, I would have laughed at the start of the season. Loved what he's brought to the table this year.

The backline has been under siege with injuries, but that was another terrific defensive performance. Crisp, Langdon and Maynard have led the way for the more inexperienced guys and I think this is Buckley's biggest achievement this year in being able to formulate defensive structures in such a way that irrespective of personnel, it can hold up under extreme attacking pressure from the opposition.

Congrats to Travis Varcoe on 200 games, and I thought he played well today. Loved that goal early in the second quarter especially when the boys got around him.

With the Swans defeating the Giants 30 mins ago, the prospect of finishing top 4 has become realistic. We have to make sure we beat Fremantle, but the chances of a top 4 have significantly increased.

VicParkTragic 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:48 pm

Apart from the usual suspects, I loved Maynards game today. That defensive work at the start of the last quarter in the goal square springboarded down to he ground to our first goal of the quarter. Great desperation and poise all day. Well done Langdon and Mayne too.
And all the midfielders too of course. And Cox!! Loved his work.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:56 pm

An amazing triumph today. PA had injuries, but theirs really paled into insignificance compared with ours. Nathan Buckley and his assistant coaches have created the defensive structures and game plan that every player on our list fully understands and fully believes in. This means that the whole is greater than the sum of the individual parts. We are seeing this especially with our defence, decimated in personnel and yet still effectively restraining opposition forward lines. The courage, determination, will for victory, team cohesiveness, is just astonishing. All respect to Nathan Buckley. Perhaps the new assistant coaches have played a significant role in transforming our play this year. But above all else, it must be Nathan Buckley who has fostered this amazing team spirit which is forging this team into something special.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 5 of 13   

Jump to: