Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pulverise Port - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood 17.13.115
Port 10.4.64

Goals: Stevo, Mihocek, Phillips 2, JT, Mayne, Grundy, De Goey, Cox, Sidey, Ox, Adams, Sier, Varcoe, De Goey 1

Disposals: Sidey 33, Adams 30, Mayne 27, Pendles 26, Grundy, Maynard 25, Crisp 24, Phillips 20, Sier 16, Langdon 18, Madgen 17, Varcoe 12, De Goey 14, Murphy 14, Aish 17,

Tackles: Grundy 9, Sier, Maynard, Pendles, Adams 7

D/E: Langdon 83.3%, Crisp 79.2, Maynard 78.3, Mayne 77.8

AF Points: Grundy 147, Adams 124, Mayne 113, Sidey 119, Maynard 97, Pendles 89.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:29 pm

Adams best on ground in the first half when the game was still up for grabs.

Grundy just pips him for the best on the day overall.

The experience we have remaining in defence of Maynard, Crisp and Langdon were stoic all match.

Mayne has been hit and miss for most of the year for mine but that was his best game statistically since round 8 and his current patch of form is probably his best for the year.

Like Varcoe it helps to lighten the load of responsibility on others when they can contribute a goal which both have struggled to do until recent weeks.

Overall it was a great TEAM performance that saw us through and that is what will be required come September to make up for the individual talent sidelined with injury.

Last edited by swoop42 on Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:30 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
SwansWay wrote:
WOW!! GO PIES!! Played like a team that's making a serious statement.

And I love it every time P4S craps on Mayne. He just plays better and better!!! What a game from him.

Aside from a few errors, Oxley held up okay. I'm just so damn chuffed right now!!

He’s still a spud. I hated his game again today.

A grudge perhaps, like you hold against Dayne Beams? Ridiculous observation.

Oxley out for Howe next week.

Have a look at my next post, AP. I haven't watched the game and I haven't posted any serious comment about Mayne's performance - I was just responding to SwansWay's gratuitous whack in circumstances where I hadn't said anything about Mayne all day.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:33 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Adams best on ground in the first half when the game was still up for grabs.

Grundy just pips him for the best on the day overall.

The experience we have remaining in defence of Maynard, Crisp and Langdon were stoic all day.

Mayne has been hit and miss for most of the year for mine but that was his best game statistically since round 8 and his current patch of form is probably his best for the year.

Like Varcoe it helps to lighten the load of responsibility on others when they can contribute a goal which both have struggled to do until recent weeks.

Overall it was a great TEAM performance that saw us through and that is what will be required come September to make up for the individual talent sidelined with injury.

Serious question. Adams obviously played a stunning first half but had only 7 touches after half time. Collingwood struggled in the first half and pulverised them in the second (when Sidebottom took over from Adams ). Are the two things linked?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:36 pm

Oh I get it. Very interesting.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:37 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
SwansWay wrote:

And I love it every time P4S craps on Mayne. He just plays better and better!!! What a game from him.

Aside from a few errors, Oxley held up okay. I'm just so damn chuffed right now!!

Have a look at my next post, AP. I haven't watched the game and I haven't posted any serious comment about Mayne's performance - I was just responding to SwansWay's gratuitous whack in circumstances where I hadn't said anything about Mayne all day.

Oh - and for the 26,000th time, I don't have a grudge against Beams. I just never liked him in the team when he was here, hoped against hope that he would leave, was pleased to see the back of him (though very sorry about the circumstances that led to him leaving) and desperately don't want him back - all because I don't think much of his football. As I've said, I know that I am in the minority: it's just me (and his pathetic finals record for the Club I love) in support of my proposition.
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:44 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
SwansWay wrote:

Because you haven't been shi**ing on him for weeks now and you never offer any valid criticism aside from name calling. After a two goal game last week you called him a spud and wanted him dropped. Please I insist, keep it up and maybe next week he'll get 30+ and 3 goals 😊
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:45 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
masoncox wrote:
Bleedblackanwhite wrote:
Grundy is not human.
you speaketh the truth!!!

Loved the post game comments from Brereton, Westhoff is an aerobic beast and Grundy just ran him into the ground.

Very good win and how that severley undermanned backline managed to stand up under pressure has to be a credit to the system, game plan, whatever. On paper that backline should have been dismantled and we lose by 12 goals. In practice, they were just brilliant as a collective.

I see the Future Captain kept Gray to 1 goal and 1 assist. It’s good to play well as a collective but you’ve also got to keep the gun players under control.

When you do watch the game you'll appreciate how much Port helped him out by putting the ball into Gray in the air, conditioning from kicking to Dixon. In the air, Langdon had Gray's measure easy, on the ground he was in serious trouble, but was supported well. The back 6 has become a plug and play unit, take out a piece, plug in another and it works just as well. Utterly fkn amazing and credit to the coaches.

Last time we played them at the 'G, Gray basically ended our season, kicking 5 goals and assisting with 3 others. So, our defence obviously did something right, today.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:46 pm

7.2 to 1 goal in the last was sweet as. Smile

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:47 pm

stui magpie wrote:
E wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
masoncox wrote:
Bleedblackanwhite wrote:
Grundy is not human.
you speaketh the truth!!!

Loved the post game comments from Brereton, Westhoff is an aerobic beast and Grundy just ran him into the ground.

Very good win and how that severley undermanned backline managed to stand up under pressure has to be a credit to the system, game plan, whatever. On paper that backline should have been dismantled and we lose by 12 goals. In practice, they were just brilliant as a collective.

I see the Future Captain kept Gray to 1 goal and 1 assist. It’s good to play well as a collective but you’ve also got to keep the gun players under control.

When you do watch the game you'll appreciate how much Port helped him out by putting the ball into Gray in the air, conditioning from kicking to Dixon. In the air, Langdon had Gray's measure easy, on the ground he was in serious trouble, but was supported well. The back 6 has become a plug and play unit, take out a piece, plug in another and it works just as well. Utterly fkn amazing and credit to the coaches.

Why are people so reluctant to give Langdon credit. Its quite shocking to me. It is just like the Nick Maxwell crap i had tro put up with in 2007, 2008 and 2009. Reliable backmen who do all the little things and hold a backline together just arent as obviously excellent as freaks like DeGoey and Stevo.

I'm not reluctant to give langdon credit, nor do I like quoting multiple posts, but I'll do this one for context.

Langdon played a very good game against a bloke he was a bad matchup for. Port helped Langdon significantly early in the game particularly by not changing their game plan from "bomb it to Charlie". Langdon is really very good in the air and arial contests against Gray weren't even a challenge for him. When the ball was on the ground, Langdon was seriously out classed, which is no big shame as A it isn't his strength and B Gray has made people who ground level defending IS their strength look like witches hats in the past. He was very well supported by his fellow defenders which is a compliment to the group, not a knock on Langdon.

Good observations about Langdon v Gray in the air v on the ground. Obviously you were listening closely to the FOX commentators.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:51 pm

What a great game, and isn't it wonderful to be back in the finals?

Grundy is officially the best ruckman in the league (he might even be the best player in the league). Gawn is bloody good, but Grundy is ahead of him, and the frightening thing is, he hasn't reached his prime!

Similar thing with De Goey. What a player he is going to be. Whatever money those two want, we just have to pay it.

Mayne was great again today. What a transformation. Even if everyone was available, he would still be getting a game.

Adams was incredible in the first half, then when he was quiet in the second, Sidey & Pendles took over. That's what having a deep midfield is all about - oh for Treloar!!

The backline did a great job again - Langdon terrific for the second week in a row. I wonder what scores we would be keeping the opposition to if we had our full backline. We only conceded 2 scoring shots after the 7:41 mark of the third quarter, and one of those was in the last 5 seconds.

I think we may have found another one in Murphy. He looked very composed.

One more win and we might sneak top 4. It would be great to get at least 2 finals into our young players who haven't been there before.

stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:08 pm

Another win against a team outside the 8 Very Happy

Ok so we put them there!

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:23 pm

A great win , fantastic to stick it up port and their crab fish cheersquad. Adams, Grundy , Aish were brillant today and Langdon kept Robbie Gray quiet , well done to the whole 22 .

www.facebook/the hybernators
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:32 pm

SwansWay wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
SwansWay wrote:

Because you haven't been shi**ing on him for weeks now and you never offer any valid criticism aside from name calling. After a two goal game last week you called him a spud and wanted him dropped. Please I insist, keep it up and maybe next week he'll get 30+ and 3 goals 😊

Before today (as to which, watch this space), he's played a couple of barely competitive games and been generally hopeless when the ball is going the other way (not because he isn't "really hard at it" but because he's possibly the slowest midfield player - since John Annear and Billi Valli - to play for Collingwood). He seems to have benefited on here from the desperate desire some supporters have to pretend that our players are all much, much better than they are. It's a sort of Messiah complex.

My "valid criticism" is - as it always has been - that he is too slow to play modern football because once his opponent is more than about 6 inches ahead of him, he is out of the contest. This doesn't mean he can't be a "role player" until an actual footballer turns up but he's never going to do much more than plug a hole.

If Mayne gets 30+ and kicks 3 goals, the opposition must actually have died and left the field (dying alone wouldn't be enough, because there's only, of course, the quick and the dead - and he's plainly not one of the former). Razz

That said, he must have played some game today, by his standards, since that is the first time he has ever had more than 25 disposals in a game *and only the second time in 191 games that he's reached 25). Perhaps he's climbing towards a new peak. Maybe you should wish for a 30 disposal, 5 goal game - then we'd really be in extreme territory. Let's hope it's in a Grand Final for us.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:53 pm

27 disposals for Mayne @ 78%, 10 of them contested, 7 marks, 5 tackles, 1 goal. Reasonable game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13   

Jump to: