Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pulverise Port - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

WarrenerraW wrote:
Another solid performance and backs to the wall win. They threw everything at us yesterday but we were up to the challenge. The last few weeks have been poor so to respond in this manner was gutsy and shows we mean business. We have a never say die attitude. Our side is so depleted it's not funny yet we show that we can pull off performances like this when we have to. Give us a full strength side and we'd be further ahead on the ladder. If we win a flag this year it will be the steal of the century. I think anything is possible.

True mate, but I think a flag is more next year, to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I reckon we an win at least one Final, and I will be very happy with that. The thing is, to beat the almighty uninjured Tigers, we need our very best team in, and I mean, treloar, dunn, moore, scharenberg, wells, Elliott, to beat the unbeatable bastards on their beloved G. If we play em in a GF now, with a depleted side, its like going in with one boot off, we need our very best team, as the Tigers never get injuries, not to key players anyway. Like the kids have been wonderful to stand in, they have been magnificent. and they are getting great game time into them. One thing for sure, we are going to be awesome next season, right up there, and the future looks fantastic for the Club. Very Happy Very Happy

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:16 pm

^ Hey, its OUR mcg!!!!!!!!
E 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:13 pm

this year feels like 2007. We will give it a shake but i think we'll fall agonaizingly short (hopefully our best mid doesnt reinjure his hamstring in the final seconds of the prelim that we lose by less than a kick).
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:21 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Culprit wrote:
^^I married Miss Right, didn't know here middle name was "always", hence we are divorced. Razz

I didn't talk to my (now ex) wife for about 2 years.

I didn't want to interrupt her.

Wink

Why is divorce so expensive?.......Because it's worth it! Laughing
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:12 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Culprit wrote:
^^I married Miss Right, didn't know here middle name was "always", hence we are divorced. Razz

Wink

If I ever get the urge to get married again, I'm going to save time. I'll just find a woman I don't like and give her half my stuff. Wink

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:33 pm

stui magpie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Wink

If I ever get the urge to get married again, I'm going to save time. I'll just find a woman I don't like and give her half my stuff. Wink

They say marriage is a institution but who wants to live in a institute

My wife says I only have 2 faults one I don't listen to her and something else

I took my wife to a wife swapping party once tried to swap her for a 6pk no one took the deal

I'm the boss in my house because the wife said I could be

We had a garage sale last weekend sold a set of encyclopaedia's ticket said "as new never out of the box didn't need to open wife new everything"

I really shouldn't joke (in case she reads this and puts a pillow over my head when I'm asleep tonight) I landed one of the good ones. Hasn't been all beer and skittles for sure but every time we had our issues we've been able to work through them. The day I got married my wise grand father said to me there's 3 things you need to know for a long successful marriage.
Firstly never go to bed angry sort it out first then go to bed happy
Remember from this day on you'll never be correct again
And learn to say yes dear and make it sound sincere.
Nearly 25yrs on he's right

Several years ago we decided to down size and move back to the country area we both grew up in. We had a nice house on a golf course (we both never played golf) but it was big as we had planned on having multiple children. Life through as a curve ball and 1 was all we got but that's cool he's been a beauty. So we sat around talking for a couple months planning the big move. I was all for a nice water front unit with max of 3 bedrooms no lawns or gardens to maintain. She wanted a little parcel of land and build her dream retirement home. So as all good couples do we compromised.
We now have 75acrss of land with a house twice the size of our old house.
It now takes me 2 days a week on the tractor to keep the grass down enough. We have a gardener come in 1 full day a week to tend to the gardens.
It took me and a mate 4 weeks to build a fire pit and seating area down by the river so we can sit at night sip a glas of red and relax.
The repainting of the house takes a team of painters around 6 days to complete
And now because of the size of the house my brother and his family my wife's mother and other relations all think it's a great idea we host family events like Christmas and birthday gatherings
The joys of a happy marriage hey
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:01 pm

Brilliant stuff QM67. Cool
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:29 pm

Good compromise. Shocked Razz
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:43 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Wink

I took my wife to a wife swapping party once tried to swap her for a 6pk no one took the deal

We had a garage sale last weekend sold a set of encyclopaedia's ticket said "as new never out of the box didn't need to open wife new everything"

I really shouldn't joke (in case she reads this and puts a pillow over my head when I'm asleep tonight) I landed one of the good ones. Hasn't been all beer and skittles for sure but every time we had our issues we've been able to work through them. The day I got married my wise grand father said to me there's 3 things you need to know for a long successful marriage.

Several years ago we decided to down size and move back to the country area we both grew up in. We had a nice house on a golf course (we both never played golf) but it was big as we had planned on having multiple children. Life through as a curve ball and 1 was all we got but that's cool he's been a beauty. So we sat around talking for a couple months planning the big move. I was all for a nice water front unit with max of 3 bedrooms no lawns or gardens to maintain. She wanted a little parcel of land and build her dream retirement home. So as all good couples do we compromised.
It now takes me 2 days a week on the tractor to keep the grass down enough. We have a gardener come in 1 full day a week to tend to the gardens.
It took me and a mate 4 weeks to build a fire pit and seating area down by the river so we can sit at night sip a glas of red and relax.
And now because of the size of the house my brother and his family my wife's mother and other relations all think it's a great idea we host family events like Christmas and birthday gatherings

Wowie, and I thought our Leaf Change to the wilds of Mt Evelyn, from a neat burb home in Dandenong, quarter acre, to a big 1600 sq meter property here, was a big upside move ! LOL, ive got nothing on you and all that land !! But its enough for us, here, like two big verandahs, a sweeping driveway, looks over to a mountain, trees all over, bushland, ive got a nice mancave out back, built a Gazebo, plus a fully serviced Bungalow right up the back yard, brand new, my son lives in it, but we use it for guests, grandkids etc. so its all so very different to Dandenong Nth. But,we do love it here in Mt Evelyn, waking up to kookaburras, parrots etc. Very Happy Very Happy

Meanwhile, back on the footy...……… !!! Ummm…. Go Pies !!

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:33 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Wink

Wowie, and I thought our Leaf Change to the wilds of Mt Evelyn, from a neat burb home in Dandenong, quarter acre, to a big 1600 sq meter property here, was a big upside move ! LOL, ive got nothing on you and all that land !! But its enough for us, here, like two big verandahs, a sweeping driveway, looks over to a mountain, trees all over, bushland, ive got a nice mancave out back, built a Gazebo, plus a fully serviced Bungalow right up the back yard, brand new, my son lives in it, but we use it for guests, grandkids etc. so its all so very different to Dandenong Nth. But,we do love it here in Mt Evelyn, waking up to kookaburras, parrots etc. Very Happy Very Happy

Meanwhile, back on the footy...……… !!! Ummm…. Go Pies !!

PNC houses and homes aren't important mate it's what's inside the walls that counts.
The wife has always wanted a house with all the trimmings and her logic was no point in building one just for the 2 of us because we wouldn't get anything near a return on our investment if and when we decide to sell.
I actually love our new house she spoils me with a 12 seat media room with a small bar area, we have a lovely outdoor patio area with bbq and pizza oven because in Queensland mate other than about 4 weeks of the year you can sit outside every night and not be cold.
We have nearly 2klms of river frontage so we picked a nice scheduled area and built a fire pit area and terrace seating around it for friends and us to relax at night. It's actually a lovely place to sit and just talk sip on a few reds only problem is its around 1.6klm from our houses which means we take the golf buggy or a quad bike down. Getting home some nights makes for interesting viewing I imagine
In a moment of weakness we even put in a fully contained granny flat attached to the house for the parents or mother in law. Her mother used it earlier this year after a fall in a supermarket while recovering. It actually was very useful at the time other wise the mother in law would have been living in a room close to mine !!
The best part of the house is the private parents retreat which includes our bedroom, ensuite, dressing rooms and a nice little reading nock. Comes in handy when the son comes visiting with his mates and they want to have a late night
One day down the track we will cut off a few acres around the house and sell the rest to a developer but ensure our little piece of paradise won't be built out
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:37 pm

^ Nice, guess the only drawback is if you want to go to the G, unless you fly down of course. Though I guess you can see us play the Bears and Suns twice a season, eh. If we win the flag i will come up there an have a few reds with ya, down by the river. LOL

John LEWIN 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:59 pm

Going back to the game for a minute, now we are all happy enough to get divorced, I saw it with friends from Adelaide who came over. They all thought Taylor Adams was BOG and on that I agree.
K 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:18 pm

^ I'm waiting to see if someone will dare to broach the taboo topic of mixed marriages. (Permissive Nicksters may feel that if the wife claims to go for GWS it doesn't count.)
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:52 pm

K wrote:
^ I'm waiting to see if someone will dare to broach the taboo topic of mixed marriages. (Permissive Nicksters may feel that if the wife claims to go for GWS it doesn't count.)

If anyone (other than Leon Cameron and his Mum) claims to barrack for GWS, you know it’s a try-on.
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:16 pm

looking at port essendon.... think we might have broken Port!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13   

Jump to: