Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Magpies v. Power - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
partypie 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Raw Hammer wrote:
Howe ruled out with a Collingwood corkie. 3 matches, 4 weeks on the sidelines. Only at Collingwood!

This has Presti 2010 written all over it.

#yearfromhell

Terrible news, but 2010 turned out ok
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:19 pm

So we have to consider what we should do if Howe is not available. Personally, I would like to see us find another player for Oxley, since I really think he doesn't in any way assist us down back. Against Brisbane, he didn't take any marks (his main strength) and did not contribute to the defence in terms of one on one pressure, etc. PA has Dixon and hopefully Ryder missing, which means that their main sources of height will be absent. The main threat up forward will be from the likes of Gray and Wingard. This means we can adopt a smaller defence. So I am thinking...Oxley out, Varcoe in defence and Fas into the forward line. Why not give Fas a chance to see where he's at?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:23 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
So we have to consider what we should do if Howe is not available. Personally, I would like to see us find another player for Oxley, since I really think he doesn't in any way assist us down back. Against Brisbane, he didn't take any marks (his main strength) and did not contribute to the defence in terms of one on one pressure, etc. PA has Dixon and hopefully Ryder missing, which means that their main sources of height will be absent. The main threat up forward will be from the likes of Gray and Wingard. This means we can adopt a smaller defence. So I am thinking...Oxley out, Varcoe in defence and Fas into the forward line. Why not give Fas a chance to see where he's at?

Murphy is playing his best football of the season. He's not Howe, but he plays tall and is very quick. Apart from that, the cupboard is bare.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:44 pm

Murph was pretty good in the 2's last week too. I'm keen to see this kid on the big stage. Reckon he'll be a ripper
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:51 am

I have an idea but its out of left field.
We could always consider leaving a winning team unchanged.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:54 am

Without Howe available, I would suggest that this is exactly what will happen...
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:00 am

MagpieBat wrote:
Without Howe available, I would suggest that this is exactly what will happen...

I think some of the discussion was around what to do if Langdon was unavailable.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:16 am

This season goes from bad worse
Now we're asking players to play busted
I'm no Langdon fan but the kid has a chronic knee issue and they send him for scans on his knee
Now he's obviously having issues with it his mobility and is being tested and ask him to play busted
Someone at the club needs to be accountable for this
Surely risking a long term injury to any player no matter how stretched we are isn't good "best practise"
If he goes down (and I don't wish this to happen to any player no matter how I feel about a players value to a side) with this knee and worse scenario (perish the thought) a ACL why wouldn't the player go after the club even more so if he doesn't have the luxury of a contract in hand
For mine the risk v reward doesn't add up
I've admitted Langdon is courageous and I have the upmost respect for any player who can overcome injury adversity and get back playing any sport at the top level but some times you need to protect players from themselves
Win lose or draw on the weekend and we can still play finals
Yes the top 4 may be out of reach but with our already long injury list our chances of going very deep into September is minimal
Personally I think this squad has done amazing to be in the position we are given the injuries we have suffered during the season
For mine the season has already been a success
If anyone had said we would be just out of the top 4 on % with 2 games remaining at this point in time given the players we are missing and have missed for long periods of the year any fair minded supporter would have been wrapped
I hope Langdon doesn't suffer any long term injury by playing this weekend
Maybe the club is rolling the dice thinking win this game we secure our finals hopes and we have a easier task the following week
I just don't like the fact we are risking any players long term future for the sake of 1 win
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:53 am

^ qld, I reckon the doctors, armed with all of the information from the medical tests and their xoerience, and in discussion with Tommy L, will make a better decision than our fears on here would make.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:14 am

Dixon out is massive win for us as he would have been the exact type that could have exposed our undersized defence.

Ryder to could prove to be a handful up forward if Port have the luxury to allow him meaningful forward minutes.

If he misses also all the better.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:28 am

Jack Watts should come back in, once again we will play with a makeshift backline. Need to control the middle once again to cut off their supply. With Howe unavailable I cannot see any change unless they decide to bring in McLarty.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:29 am

^^^
Watts is already in the team. Against the eagles he got a bit of it but no scoreboard impact.
They were rattling off Dixons statistical impact in the forward line and he really is their barometer inside their forward 50.
They will now be unpredictable but they certainly wont be any better.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:16 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
^^^
Watts is already in the team. Against the eagles he got a bit of it but no scoreboard impact.
They were rattling off Dixons statistical impact in the forward line and he really is their barometer inside their forward 50.
They will now be unpredictable but they certainly wont be any better.
That's why he will come in, he never played. I didn't even notice him Laughing Laughing Doh!!
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:54 pm

Mugwump wrote:
^ qld, I reckon the doctors, armed with all of the information from the medical tests and their xoerience, and in discussion with Tommy L, will make a better decision than our fears on here would make.

If it's a chronic knee injury then it's up to the player - can he play with that injury or not? The doctors can't answer that question. It's not going to get better from week to week or from season to season, it's most likely going to get worse.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:47 pm

SEN radio this morning were alluding to a toe with respect to Langdon.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 7 of 14   

Jump to: