Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lash Lions - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood 14.20.104
Brisbane 11.7.73

Goals: De Goey 4, Mihocek 3, Stevo, Mayne 2, JT, Sier, Varco 1,

Disposals: Adams 33, Pendles, Sidey 28, Crisp, Sier 27, Stevo 25, Aish 23, Phillips 22, Murray 19, Maynard, Madgen 16, Langdon, Levi, Mayne 15, Grundy 13, De Goey, JT 12, Varcoe, Oxley 11,

Tackles: Levi 8, Varcoe 6, Sier 5, JT 4

AF Points: Stevo 115, Crisp 108, Sier 98, Sidey 97, Adams 93, Grundy, Sier 89, Aish 87, Levi 84

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:33 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Was anyone else worried by the sight of De Goey with ice strapped to his shin at the end of the game?

Buckley says it was just precaution. We know he has a problem, so not a surprise it still requires management. Nothing to worry about for now, that would come later in the week.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:42 pm

Always good to beat these maroon twats, I loved seeing Levi stirring up Zorko, great game by Seir and Mayne ,good to see Jordy back congrats to Magden for getting his first win.

www.facebook/the hybernators
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:02 pm

Another way to look at our defensive effort over the last two games: Brisbane scored over 100 against us when we last played. With a "weaker" defensive line we kept them to 73. So we've shown we can still defend when undermanned and can do even better than when better stocked.

The problem is less about stopping the opposition but maintaining our attacking ball movement. We can help out or defence with mids and ensure that our structures don't allow easy ball movement, but some of that will come at a cost, both of effort and positioning. We were able to balance this a bit better last night after the first quarter, mainly because we prevented the Lions from going forward very often and didn't get stuck in defence. This will be tougher against better opposition, hopefully we'll have Howe back to assist.

K 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:11 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Was anyone else worried by the sight of De Goey with ice strapped to his shin at the end of the game?

Buckley says it was just precaution. We know he has a problem, so not a surprise it still requires management. Nothing to worry about for now, that would come later in the week.

Wish they'd taken him off earlier.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:44 pm

3rd degree wrote:
Always good to beat these maroon twats, I loved seeing Levi stirring up Zorko...

Totally; the little shit can dish it out, but can't take it... he is a surly, short tempered man-child. He is also their spiritual leader and barometer, so once we had him subdued, and on a proppy ankle, they were effectively crippled.

Levi tackled his arse off last night, and that's what we'll need to bring to the table next week against Pork Chowder.

So yes, as I stated in the pre-match thread, I expected us to lose to the Bears; simply thought they had our measure on current form.
Was pleasantly surprised when I heard the final score, as I didn't see any of the game live, and had my phone off to avoid anxiety. Came home and watched the recording from Fox IQbox, minus said anxiety.

The first quarter unfolded pretty much as I expected, but good to see the side worked through the challenge the Bears threw down, grinding away at the deficit in 2nd and 3rd quarters, and keeping them at bay in the 4th.

If I have one criticism, it was going inside F50. Many times players streamed I50 and took a ping at goal, only to miss badly, when we had Thomas, WHE on their own closer to goal, or JDG had his opponent done on the lead. All were torched by team mates; G14.B20 being the result of that selfishness. I'd hope that is being addressed during the week.

Let's hope the results of the other games in rounds 22 and 23 keep falling our way, so we can snaffle 4th spot back. Call me a masochist, but I want another shot at the tiggers in an MCG QF under lights. But that's just me.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:46 pm

I’ve watched the game twice now.

My God. JDG was involved in everything. Shepherded opponents off the ball to create goal square goals in the second. Hand balls to team mates to set up goals (e.g. JT). Hard leads splitting packs. A 4.3 haul himself. He is so crucial, if he misses any more this year, we’re toast.

Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:04 pm

mgh3536 wrote:
Skids wrote:
But his rating of Langdon is close.... he is,.. a very, very good backman, but he's not a Captains bootlace.

Have a look at the first quarter.... two dropped marks because he crapped himself!!!

Yeah he got caught underneath one of them where he could have been called back into it. The other dropped mark for the quarter was a pack grab where he was 3rd up over the back. Would have been a great grab if he'd tken it. Neither miss cost us though so that's ok.

Loved his text book front on spoil with a minute to go though. 25 metres out, dead in front, he saved us a goal. But that's cool. Pick out the errors don't give him anything back
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:04 am

^Some of these people have no clue. He's a half-back flanker forced to play full back, giving up about 8 inches and 15 kgs because we've got no-one else. He's shorter and lighter than Pendlebury (have a look at the stats if you don't believe me - he's a cm shorter and 8 kgs lighter, according to the Club) - and no-one would ever say that Pendles ever missed a mark at full back because he wasn't up to it. Some of you folk need to judge our genuine champions by the same standards you judge the losers at other clubs.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:12 am

^ on Langdon, I agree with you P4S. To your credit, you were quick to see the incredible potential of this remarkably good footballer and call it. He did an amazing job yesterday under enormous duress, as he does most weeks.

Let’s hope we get him some proper KPDs to play alongside next year.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:23 am

Nearly wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
And must also mention Levi Greenwood. Thought he played his role brilliantly tonight. Greenwood is a fantastic tagger, and Bucks should use him more often in this role.

My guess is he will, as a means of helping out our ridiculously undermanned defence. They will only be able to continue to hold up if we can limit the quantity and quality of opposition inside 50s.

Tagging the opposition main playmaker is more critical now. The cost/benefit equation has changed.

It’s his only string albeit a good one. Operation Robbie Gray next week

inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:25 am

Dave The Man wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
News we didn't want to hear 😞: "I think he's torn the same calf he tore 10 weeks ago. It's not a good situation for Reidy." #FOREVER https://t.co/ilufZjyBUl

Reid = Finished and shows how stupid Re-Signing him was

Staggering error by Ned Guy doing that! Who on earth was going to prise Reid out of the Pies with a big offer? Nobody

Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:28 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
^Some of these people have no clue. He's a half-back flanker forced to play full back, giving up about 8 inches and 15 kgs because we've got no-one else. He's shorter and lighter than Pendlebury (have a look at the stats if you don't believe me - he's a cm shorter and 8 kgs lighter, according to the Club) - and no-one would ever say that Pendles ever missed a mark at full back because he wasn't up to it. Some of you folk need to judge our genuine champions by the same standards you judge the losers at other clubs.

I think the truth is somewhere in between your boosting and others' potting. When he gets it right, which is often, he can be top shelf. But he can be error prone and impressively so.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:33 am

Pies4shaw wrote:

Correct weight.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:46 am

Pies4shaw wrote:

Pretty much the same scenario as Sharenberg’s plight this season, but that didn’t stop you criticising him at every turn.

Face facts, Langdon is a capable defender but more often than not a space cadet who floats in between contests. I’d love to see how many shepherds he’s given this year. I’ve never seen a player put himself under unnecessary pressure after a mark more often that this guy. It’s clear he’s beyond laconical, and it’s clear his demeanour will never change. Which is baffling, as he’s playing AFL football and needs to add a certain amount of mongrel and urgency to his game if he wants to be recognised as a top line defender.

Like I said, he’s more than capable, but he appears like he’s happy to float rather than be a key pillar, a backline leader, and that’s a little disappointing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9   

Jump to: