Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lash Lions - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
SwansWay wrote:
Well done pies! For all the Mayne bashers, humble pie for supper! He was massive tonight. Varcoe was monumental in the first half. JDG is a champion!! I can't believe some people on this board thought we wouldn't win again for the year 😎

Mayne was terrible. There are 12 better players than him in the seconds and half of them aren’t even on an AFL list. It’s like people are so desperate to pretend that he isn’t a complete waste of space that they are determined to find every backwards handball an act of genius. It is a tragedy that he played ahead of Daicos.

He kicked 2 goals. That in itself proves he was not a "waste of space"

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:21 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
SwansWay wrote:
Well done pies! For all the Mayne bashers, humble pie for supper! He was massive tonight. Varcoe was monumental in the first half. JDG is a champion!! I can't believe some people on this board thought we wouldn't win again for the year 😎

Mayne was terrible. There are 12 better players than him in the seconds and half of them aren’t even on an AFL list. It’s like people are so desperate to pretend that he isn’t a complete waste of space that they are determined to find every backwards handball an act of genius. It is a tragedy that he played ahead of Daicos.

Now is when you tell us P4S you were just taking the piss?

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:22 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
What a great win.We looked gone for all money in the first quarter,so it was great that they were able to come back and win,especially with so many players out.And unlike some,i'm not going to knock any of the players tonight.They all played their guts out,and they all deserve the credit for the win.

Nailed it.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:23 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
SwansWay wrote:

I watched it on the radio and tht was certainly not the impression created on the radio (both MMM and the ABC)

HD or SD?

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
Taylor Adams - you are a gun inside mid. From 1st quarter to the last just keep burrowing in, dishing out the footy, knocking opposition off balance and off the ball, setting up play, protecting our players. You are invalueable to this team and a massive headache to all opposition.

Agree fully with this. He's improving every game at the right end of the season.
Was really happy to see Sier play his best game yet. Not much celebration from the players when he kicked his first goal in AFL, but perhaps they all thought it was to be expected from such a promising player Smile
I thought the undersized and undermanned backline did a great job - Maynard, Crisp and Langdon led the way. Great effort considering they were lacking an really experienced general like Howie or Dunn.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

<snip – please refrain from engaging in personal abuse.>

But his rating of Langdon is close.... he is,.. a very, very good backman, but he's not a Captains bootlace.

Last edited by Skids on Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:24 pm

September Zeros wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
SwansWay wrote:

Now is when you tell us P4S you were just taking the piss?

Yep, you'd hope so! Very Happy
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:24 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
SwansWay wrote:

Horrible post. Pies4shaw, hang your head in shame.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:25 pm

watt price tully wrote:
I watched it on the radio ...

Hmm... Magician.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:28 pm

Just want to give a special mention to Varcoe. There was a passage of play in the forward line when we were making a push back (second quarter), when he performed two consecutive acts of brilliant tackling pressure to result in a goal. Inspirational stuff that is worth so much when it's tight on the scoreboard.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:31 pm

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
Taylor Adams - you are a gun inside mid. From 1st quarter to the last just keep burrowing in, dishing out the footy, knocking opposition off balance and off the ball, setting up play, protecting our players. You are invalueable to this team and a massive headache to all opposition.

It was quite simply one of the most courageous, inspirational games I have seen from a Collingwood player in recent years. Wayne Richardson-like. The Shaw trade is finally starting to come into balance.

A few other things :

We have a live one in Sier ; every game he gets a bit better and that strength in the contest could be a massive force come finals time. It may or may not be this year, but he is developing into a unique type of player.

Every time Stephenson seems due for a rest he pops up with a game that shows what a special player he already is, and is going to become.

I didn't give Langdon a vote ( I had him sixth) but he was superb tonight.
When he went off we looked vulnerable again and when he came back on we steadied. He is very important. I might have to revise my votes.

Cox might be wearying slightly. he took very few big grabs and often seemed to be away from the contest. It's a long season, and he has played virtually every game. I hope not, for we'll really need him at his best in finals.

At least, you'd expect that we are now finals-bound. At last ! Woohoo !

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:32 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Just want to give a special mention to Varcoe. There was a passage of play in the forward line when we were making a push back (second quarter), when he performed two consecutive acts of brilliant tackling pressure to result in a goal. Inspirational stuff that is worth so much when it's tight on the scoreboard.

Yep, I noticed too how exceptional Varcoe was in times of desperation. He really influenced the game in a big way by helping us seize back the momentum in that second quarter.

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:32 pm

Skids wrote:
But his rating of Langdon is close.... he is,.. a very, very good backman, but he's not a Captains bootlace.

Langdon is probably our most improved player. His aerial work is exceptional this season, takes a lot of pack marks. He is a bit laconic with ball in hand but generally does ok with it. I think he's coming along nicely and is really holding up our defense.

MONCO: Your life.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:33 pm

I must admit to being flabbergasted by your post, P4S. Mayne was terrific tonight – didn’t get a lot of it, but used it so well. I’d say this is the best game I’ve seen from Adams. Stephenson just brilliant. Murray back to his best. Poor old Oxley had a shocker – glad he at least got a win in his last game for us (even if we don’t get any defenders back next week, Smith is probably more likely to get a run).

Last edited by David on Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:36 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
SwansWay wrote:

I thought that was probably his best game for us. Yes, he is not going to trouble the Tigers on the G in a big final or probably any serious flag contender for that matter. He is not quick but he puts his body on the line and given our injury problems we just need him and anyone else prepared to do that in the side. Our best 22 does not have him in it but right now he is in our best 22. I give credit where credit is due and a bagging when its due and tonight he deserves a pat on the back.

Good summary of Maynes contribution tonight and at Collingwood.
Not sure why some posters first instincts are to still want to rip into individuals after they have all been part of a solid win.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9   

Jump to: