Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Finals start Next Week for Collingwood

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:28 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

We're now 6th and a loss next week could see us drop to 10th if results go against us
A loss the week after ends our chances simple as that
Not even 1 win will guarantee our top 8 if other results go against us 2 wins will
With the injury list we have trying to find 1 win is going to be hard 2 near on impossible as I see it
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:47 am

The spirit of DTM's OP is spot on.

For me this week is the most important game out of the next 3 because it will set the tone and after 2 hard fought losses and further injuries we need to bounce straight back and regain the confidence that only a win can provide.

A win on Saturday night with Howe and hopefully de Goey returning will see the hope restored that we are still capable of being big players in September.

Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:23 pm

I tend to agree. Winning form is good form. A win against Brisbane on Saturday will take a lot of pressure off the next game with Port, who will be fired up after their 'loss' against Adelaide.
If we can go into that game with confidence we stand a good chance of taking them at the G.

Still a lot to play out this year and every game will be watched with interest. The AFL could not have scripted this any better!

The question is, if the unthinkable happens and we fail to make finals, where will that sit with everyone? Would that still be considered a 'pass' for Buckley?

As Willy Wonker said "The suspense is killing me, I hope it will last".

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:44 pm

swoop42 wrote:

For me this week is the most important game out of the next 3 because it will set the tone and after 2 hard fought losses and further injuries we need to bounce straight back and regain the confidence that only a win can provide.

A win on Saturday night with Howe and hopefully de Goey returning will see the hope restored that we are still capable of being big players in September.

and You saw last week we seemed Tired and Lack of Confidence and very Important to get that Confidence back.

Plus we need a Big % Booster as other top 8 Sides got them last few weeks

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:13 pm

We WILL make finals and that's more than I expected after rd 1. Despite frustration with all the injuries it's especially satisfying knowing we were still able to get there. Afaic, everything after that is just bonus.
Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:28 am

Fair call. But, getting finals experience into this young squad would be invaluable moving forward. So even limping into a finals series has huge benefits. Besides, once you're there, anything can happen!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:08 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

and You saw last week we seemed Tired and Lack of Confidence and very Important to get that Confidence back.

Plus we need a Big % Booster as other top 8 Sides got them last few weeks

We didn't look tired at all last week to me. In fact we won 3/4 of the game and dominated the last quarter, coming from 3 goals down and actually hitting the front with 2 mins to go. We mainly lost because our defensive structure was thrown into disarray when Darcy got injured. However, you are right that we need a win to restore confidence. If De Goey and Howe both play, then we should beat the lions. Do that and we'll be in a good position to beat Port. But let's not get too ahead of ourselves. Let's beat the Lions first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: