Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Finals start Next Week for Collingwood

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:02 pm
Post subject: Finals start Next Week for CollingwoodReply with quote

We have to pretty much win the last 3 Games to make the Finals. Lose 1 and good Chance we Miss the Top 8.

So should treat the last 3 Weeks as Finals.

Howe Comes back next week and Maybe Reid and De Goey as well

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve done a ladder predictor.

If we go 1-2 we prob still scrape into 8th spot on percentage.

Win 2 and we’re in the 8.

Win 3 and top 4. Last night hurt.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:14 pm

WE MUST beat Lions, its beyond any doubt, its a no brainer, we just have to beat Brisvegas. No iffs, buts, maybes, we just HAVE to beat em. Why the hell is this game at Etihad shithole, once again the League shits in our face. ????

Roll the dice, bring in Fasolo, De Goey, Howe, just do it. !!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:29 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
WE MUST beat Lions, its beyond any doubt, its a no brainer, we just have to beat Brisvegas. No iffs, buts, maybes, we just HAVE to beat em. Why the hell is this game at Etihad shithole, once again the League shits in our face. ????

It’s at Etihad cos we get to play Ess, Carl, Geel, North, etc. at MCG as an away team when it’s not their home ground. Compromise.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:31 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

Agree 100% I can just see Etihad playing into Brisbane's hands.

I have a bad feeling about this!.

In fact, I've been feeling bad ever since Dunn went down. That knee derailed our season completely.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:55 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Agree 100% I can just see Etihad playing into Brisbane's hands.

I have a bad feeling about this!.

In fact, I've been feeling bad ever since Dunn went down. That knee derailed our season completely.

True, and my guts fell out when Treloar went down, 2 hammies at once, how the hell can you do TWO hammies at once ????? Then, De Goey goes down, and last week, Howe and Scharenberg. We cannot take a trick, and its so so &%^%&%^& frustrating, beyond annoying. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:11 pm

Should play Carlton at Etihad. Remind them of how far they've fallen.

Not a Top 4 club anymore

Edit: This also counteracts the 'migration by stealth' thing that they're trying to pull by asking for an extra game or two each year at the G. A bit like their slow motion take over of the Bullants in the VFL, or a mangy dog slowly sidling up towards the steaks, thinking that nobody is watching him

You watch... they'll get to 9 games or so and then say "well we play so many here anyway, we should be made co-tenants. We're Carlton! We're relevant"

I say "Fuggem". All this talk about their sanctions 18 years ago still hurting them to this day... No. It was Elliott making you bankrupt and leaving a power vacuum, into which stepped Ian Collins who signed you up to a Etihad deal to help his private business which has made you such a basket case (along with everything else). How about you stay at Docklands until they sell it out from under you in order to stick up another batch of shitty apartments.

Meanwhile we can play Carlton at home on their deck and have the crowd max out at 37k because no pies fan would be caught dead there. I believe that that will result in a financial loss each time we play you and that's fine with me. Reckon we can do them on field so make it happen, Eddie.

Had a bloody Footscray fan talking about how good our crowd was out there last time and it didn't even bother 40k. That's the sort of leg up we could be giving Carlton.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:38 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
I’ve done a ladder predictor.

If we go 1-2 we prob still scrape into 8th spot on percentage.

Win 2 and we’re in the 8.

Win 3 and top 4. Last night hurt.

This. A lot of results to come in other games that will affect things, but I think this is pretty much the equation. 3/3 isn’t easy, but it’s far from out of the question: we have two cellar dwellers and a (currently) out-of-form Port at the MCG. Another glass-half-full way of thinking about it: if we were going to go 3 from 4 in our last 4 games, as we needed to to play top 4, it was much more important to beat Port than Sydney. But yeah, things get pretty dire if we lose next week.

K 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:50 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
... Why the hell is this game at Etihad shithole, once again the League shits in our face. ????

It’s at Etihad cos we get to play Ess, Carl, Geel, North, etc. at MCG as an away team when it’s not their home ground. Compromise.

A better compromise would have been to play the two games against the Tiggers in Adelaide, where, in line with their 0% interstate win record, we would crush them.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:31 pm

Brisbane is possible, but Port wil be hard they match up well against us . McLarty should come in as Mihocheck has to go down back on dixon

www.facebook/the hybernators
E 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:07 pm

K wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
... Why the hell is this game at Etihad shithole, once again the League shits in our face. ????

A better compromise would have been to play the two games against the Tiggers in Adelaide, where, in line with their 0% interstate win record, we would crush them.

yeah, but we cant beat teams in the 8 so i'm not sure whose weakness would come to the fore more....

E 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:54 pm

Wow, the AFL has orchestrated a super exciting finish.

Look at the last three for a bunch of teams scrapping for finals:

Melb play GWS, Syd, WCE
Port play Ess, Coll, WCE
Haw play Geel St.k, Sydney
Sydney play Melb, GWS, Haw
GWS play Adelaide, Sydney, Melb

In all of these games, only one game - Haw v st.K is between teams not scrapping for finals.

We have a relatively friendly run in with Bris, Freo and Port.

There is a scenario out there (and it isnt that fanciful), where we end up going 14-0 against teams outside the 8 and 0-8 against teams in the 8. We finish 5th in that scenario.

Quite amazing to think you could finish in 5th place without beating any teams that make the 8. I wonder if that ever happened before.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:29 pm

E wrote:
Wow, the AFL has orchestrated a super exciting finish.

Look at the last three for a bunch of teams scrapping for finals:

Melb play GWS, Syd, WCE
Port play Ess, Coll, WCE
Haw play Geel St.k, Sydney
Sydney play Melb, GWS, Haw
GWS play Adelaide, Sydney, Melb

In all of these games, only one game - Haw v st.K is between teams not scrapping for finals.

We have a relatively friendly run in with Bris, Freo and Port.

There is a scenario out there (and it isnt that fanciful), where we end up going 14-0 against teams outside the 8 and 0-8 against teams in the 8. We finish 5th in that scenario.

Quite amazing to think you could finish in 5th place without beating any teams that make the 8. I wonder if that ever happened before.

We could still miss the finals even if we go 1-2 last 3 rounds, Geelong are likely to go at least 2-1 and that could see us miss the finals completely

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:02 pm

I have also done the ladder predictor
win all 3 and we get 3rd and play West Toast in perth for the first final.

Lose to Freo or Port we finish 6th and play Hawks in an elimination at the G.

Lose to Freo AND port and we finish 8th on percentage and play Geelong at the G

Lose all 3 and we are out! and finish like 10th.

So as posted above, we HAVE to beat Brisbane next week otherwise we are not good enough to beat port at the G and freo in perth anyways...

But I dont like our chances limping into a final series playing an elimination final against geelong or hawks at the G :S
E 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:59 am

woodys_world69 wrote:
I have also done the ladder predictor
win all 3 and we get 3rd and play West Toast in perth for the first final.

Lose to Freo or Port we finish 6th and play Hawks in an elimination at the G.

Lose to Freo AND port and we finish 8th on percentage and play Geelong at the G

Lose all 3 and we are out! and finish like 10th.

So as posted above, we HAVE to beat Brisbane next week otherwise we are not good enough to beat port at the G and freo in perth anyways...

But I dont like our chances limping into a final series playing an elimination final against geelong or hawks at the G :S

the great thing about your email is that you have proven that whatever happens will be the right outcome. If we cant win any of the next three we wont make finals AND wont deserve to.

If we limp into the finals, and you worry about Hawks/cats, then we have no shot at a flag so shouldnt care.

If we win three in a row we get top 4 and we'll get to see how this motley crew of back-up players can do come september.

I think some years, it just isnt meant to be. It sure feels like it this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: