Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Magpies v. Lions - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

How flat was Derrwayno Russell as our final goal unfolded?
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:51 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
How flat was Derrwayno Russell as our final goal unfolded?

Especially considering what a great passage of play it was.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:53 pm

I actually find it deplorable when 'supposed' fans, bag any of our players. All our players put their bodies on the line and give their all each and every week. Some are great players, some are average, some fast, some slow, some with great footy instincts, some not so, but they ALL do their best each week.

It's reasonable to be constructive in your criticisms, saying that so and so needs to improve this aspect of his game, or he needs to get fitter etc. But when players get ridiculed or personally abused, it embarras's me to be associated (thru Nicks) which such cowardly comments.

In the past I've only ever been super critical of one player - Travis Cloke, after he publicly considered going to Carlton if Collingwood didn't meet his (or his father's) financial demands. In retrospect, some of my comments were over the top, and emotionally (not rationally) driven. Prior to that, I'd always defended him. Apart from that, I was very public in my skepticism of Scharenberg's worth to us, but only because I thought he'd had too many injuries and his body would not allow him to be up to the rigours of the AFL. On that score, sadly it seems I may have been right.

So my advice to everyone (myself included), is to think carefully before publicly damning a player. Try to be constructive in any criticisms, and always be respectful, recognising that they are always doing their best.

Fwiw, re Langdon and Moore - I reckon Tommy 'Gun' Langdon is a courageous and consistently good defender for us, and Moore has more potential than any other big man in the competition.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15   

Jump to: