Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Magpies v. Lions - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:14 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mugwump wrote:
tbaker wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
E wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
No Howe.

Damn you Moore!!!!

i love that Howe is allowed to get injured, but Moore having injury problems is somehow a mark against his character. Its super weird.

I'm blaming Moore for Howe's injury.

Moore and the Richmond player who pushed Howe in the back (Grimes?) are equally responsible for Howe going off with concussion.
Moore is not responsible for Howe missing the following two games with a corkie!

Actually, nobody is responsible for Howes concussion, in the sense that we use that term. It was a pack, and this stuff happens. No one tried to cause it, or acted unusually recklessly. You might as well blame the player that kicked the ball to the pack.

I balme the scumbag Townsend of Richmond for pushing Howe in the back in the first place.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:31 am

I blame the umpire for bouncing the ball at the start of the match. Totally reckless.
E 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:45 am

I blame you Mugwump. If it wasn't for all your posts on here suggesting Moore should play back, he wouldn't have been there in the first place.....

I also blame everyone else on Nicks as well. All the threads questioning Moore's commitment to Collingwood made him play with passion and heart and without any fear for his own safety in trying to neutralize the contest. You can see it in his eyes. If I play too laconic and safe, Nicks will treat me like they treat Langdon.

We are all to blame......

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:26 am

Sack the coach.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:25 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
Happy with JDG in...that is massive. Happy with Aisch in for Brown. Not happy with Oxley in, I'm afraid. I don't rate him highly, sorry to say. His intercept marking is great, but as soon as he is made accountable, he struggles. Would have preferred Fas to come in, giving us the option to switch Mihocek back if required.

I'm a Fas fan but he hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire, he's been ok, until the weekend where I thought he was awful. I sense his time may be up. I think we lose too much forward power by dropping Mihocek back and although De Goey is back in I think he'll be playing predominantly midfield to help relieve Pendles and Sidey. McLarty would seem a better option than Oxley but I'm not sure he'll even play after hurting his ankle last game.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:17 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
E wrote:
This week's team doesn't look awful. Howe and Reid in for Madgen and Oxley (with Appleby maybe replacing Murray) and i'd take that team into the finals (although i wouldn't mind giving Stevo a week off to freshen up).

Would be nice to also have Treloar, Dunn, Moore, Scharenberg, Goldsack and Elliot but beggars can't be choosers!!!!!

If (when) we make finals, Stephenson will have a week off, like all other players, between Round 23 and Week 1 of finals.

Last time we all thought Stephenson needed a rest he came out and bagged 5 goals!

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:06 am

I'm not really a "sky is falling" type of person but I don't like that backline. Langdon is not a FB (and everyone on here knows I am a fan) and he's the only viable defender medium-tall or bigger. This could be a disappointing boilover if our back six or seven don't play above themselves. I don't expect our problems to be in the front half - I expect the problem to be whether we can hold them to a score we can beat.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:27 am

I expect a close, see-sawing game with the Lions making a late surge. So the arbitration of the maggots, particularly in the last quarter, may be a key determinant of the outcome.

The field maggots the AFL has selected for this game are Eleni Glouftsis, Nathan Williamson and Brett Rosebury. Anybody know what form these have, particularly any priors against Collingwood this year?
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:14 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
I'm not really a "sky is falling" type of person but I don't like that backline. Langdon is not a FB (and everyone on here knows I am a fan) and he's the only viable defender medium-tall or bigger. This could be a disappointing boilover if our back six or seven don't play above themselves. I don't expect our problems to be in the front half - I expect the problem to be whether we can hold them to a score we can beat.

We have Oxley as a roaming half back who can do what Howe and Langdon does. Langdon just has to play a more negative role tomorrow. Oxley can't play that role to me. The more worrying issue with me is that we're playing 5 guys who play around the flanks (Aish, Phillips, Mayne, Varcoe and WHE). That's going to be a real juggling act. The mid role of Callum Brown we lose with him going out, but we get back De Goey returning. But De Goey was playing out of the goal square in the match sims yesterday so he may not be fit enough to return to the centre tomorrow. In that case I would play Aish in bursts out the centre.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:44 pm

Interesting to see that our corridor use in our defensive half was the lowest in the comp between rounds 15 - 20.
This would be a direct response to trying to protect our makeshift defence from being opened up by any rebound.
Its unfortunate that our stocks are now so low, that we have to make changes to our game style.
Im afraid we will now see more of the same until we get some class back there once again.
Get ready for some slow ball movement and avoiding the corridor for the next couple weeks at least.
I would happily take a 1 point win this weekend.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:47 pm

Will be happy to take the win this weekend and move on.
If we beat lions, port and dockers we're 3rd or 4th

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:55 pm

Backline decimated but I don't imagine they'll be seeing much of it. Feeling super confident this week, I'm talking 10 goal win, minimum.
lanstro 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:34 pm

Last time around their talls dominated our backline, Zorko kicked 4 and and this time we're even shorter without Howe and Dunn.

Our midfield will need to control the game or else this will get out of hand.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:34 pm

Don't forget, last time around we travelled up to Brisbane for our 3rd game in 11 days (after Anzac Day & Richmond). We'll be much better this time.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:10 pm

Damn it, this is a very hard game to tip, these Lions did smash the Hawks twice, and ran us very close when we had Dunn and Treloar. Gonna be tough, they are well drilled an coached, but so are we. After much deliberation, I think we can win, maybe even win well, surprise a few people, we must be in a rotten mood after losing two in a row. Surely, and we must be desperate to win this one, to make Finals.

So, in the end, its Magpies by 23 points, De Goey starring.

So, it is written, so it shall be done !!!!!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15   

Jump to: