Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Magpies v. Lions - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CootaPie 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:00 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Gavin Brown was a champion of the AFL and Collingwood. Callum Brown is not an AFL standard footballer. These two facts are not related. If Callum wasn't Gavin's son he wouldn't be in the same postcode as an AFL list.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:00 am

RudeBoy wrote:
I doubt we’ll win now as Moore’s injury was one too many. I don’t think De Goey will be available either.

Out: Brown, Daics, Moore

In: Howe, Blair, Fasolo

I'm a bit worried about that one. Ive had stress fractures and and De Goey bone soreness is usually a symtom of them, and from experience they are an 8 to 10 week "no running" reabilitation excercise. Hope I'm wrong. Yep bring in Howie Blair and Fasolo.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:46 am

CootaPie wrote:
Gavin Brown was a champion of the AFL and Collingwood. Callum Brown is not an AFL standard footballer. These two facts are not related. If Callum wasn't Gavin's son he wouldn't be in the same postcode as an AFL list.

I’m not there yet. But I am in the district.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:28 am

I think there should be a ban on posting for 12 hrs following every loss Twisted Evil
The boy's had a very ordinary night but I've seen enough to suggest he's every bit an AFL standard footballer.

We will absolutely tear Brisbane a new arsehole this week. Beware the wounded Pie, this one's going to be a 10+ goal thumping!

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:31 am

Do not bring in Reid. We can not afford another game where we are down a player in the first quarter.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:20 am

IN: Howe, JDG, Aish, Fasolo
OUT: Moore, Brown (he is as bad as Blair), Madgen, Daicos
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:15 am

What'sinaname wrote:
Do not bring in Reid. We can not afford another game where we are down a player in the first quarter.

Unfortunately if we want to do anything in the finals we have to get this big man going again - we need to nurse him in because if we dont have structure in the finals, we're no chance - fit him in where ever is most forgiving on his body. We can afford to rest him another week or two if we must, but we must get him back before finals.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:19 am

^ absolutely right, Ducky. Reid is an experienced player who can still take a mark. He’s should come back into CHB, where he has tended to have fewer injuries than he has up forward (where you have to do more turning back). Mihocek plays forward, Reid back, and we have the basis of a functioning KPP structure despite everything.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:24 am

Brisbane will want to defeat us so bad, and likely will.

They are young, fast, tall up forward, take chances. The nearly defeated us earlier in the year, beat Hawthorn twice, lost by less than a kick to North and Adelaide, and are not nearly as crap as their ladder position suggests.

We don’t play etihad well, Bris have probably played more games this year than us.

This will be one of those games where we start flat, Brisbane skip away to a 3-4 goal lead early, and we play catch up all game.

JDG won’t play again this year, so stop putting him in your “INs” for this week. His sudden weeks long injury has effectively ruined our year, on top of Treloar’s absence obviously.

Reid will not play again this year. Goldsack will not play senior AFL football this year. Moore too. Treloar as well. Elliott won’t play VFL again.

Our team has an American, an ex college basketball we, a VFL reject, two undersized father son prospects, a skinny first year player...how the hell are we even in the 8? And how and why do we think we can defeat a close to full strength Lions outfit on a ground we hate with half a true squad?
My glass isn’t half empty. It’s empty. Empty with bug crawling around in the bottom. After the North game I was feeling good about thing (despite Treloar, Dunn, Wells, etc.) Nek minnit, no JDG, Howe, Scharenberg, Sier, Moore, Elliott (VFL)...

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:27 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

Unfortunately if we want to do anything in the finals we have to get this big man going again - we need to nurse him in because if we dont have structure in the finals, we're no chance - fit him in where ever is most forgiving on his body. We can afford to rest him another week or two if we must, but we must get him back before finals.

This assumes we make finals.

Brisbane | fast, tall, capable, Etihad (50:50)
Port | have our measure, Gray, Wingard, Dixon likely to kick a bag vs us (25:75)
Freo | in Perth, Harley Bennell comeback game, will be keen to end our season (50:50)

If we had even 80 percent of our personnel, we win all three easily. But we don’t. We could be the only team to ever miss the finals from being in the top four so late in the season, another notch on our belts.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:33 am

Mugwump wrote:
SwansWay wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Out: Moore Daicos Brown Stephenson 

In: McLarty De Goey Aish Fasolo

Still dangerous IMO. A couple of quiet games. Wasn't alone. JT was quiet and at times this year they've both had quiet games but then step up every alternate week.

That ground was kryptonite for Stevenson. His game is based on pushing up the ground then outpacing the defense by running back into space. He was doing this when Varcoe kicked his last goal with Stevo five meters in the clear to his left. Etihad is not as good for him as the G, but he’ll be much more dangerous there. The opposition would prefer him out.

Ins : Aish, JDG, Howe
Outs : Brown, Daicos, Moore

The SCG wasn't a good ground for Mihocek either. He needs space to work in as well. In fact the SCG is a cricket ground, not a proper ground to play AFL footy.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:06 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

Port | have our measure, Gray, Wingard, Dixon likely to kick a bag vs us (25:75)
Freo | in Perth, Harley Bennell comeback game, will be keen to end our season (50:50)

If we had even 80 percent of our personnel, we win all three easily. But we don’t. We could be the only team to ever miss the finals from being in the top four so late in the season, another notch on our belts.

Geez, let’s hope the players do not share your defeatism. It didn’t look like they did last night.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:54 am

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
I think there should be a ban on posting for 12 hrs following every loss Twisted Evil
The boy's had a very ordinary night but I've seen enough to suggest he's every bit an AFL standard footballer.

We will absolutely tear Brisbane a new arsehole this week. Beware the wounded Pie, this one's going to be a 10+ goal thumping!

Agreed again. particularly after a night game, lock the board until next morning when people have cooled down and sobered up.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:07 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

Geez, let’s hope the players do not share your defeatism. It didn’t look like they did last night.

It’s their job to play. It’s my (unpaid) job to watch, review, critique, vent.

I’m sure they’ll give their all, but we don’t have the personnel.

DT 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:42 pm

It was 26C in Brisbane yesterday and the Lions played a very taxing game. Ours was in nice conditions but the ground was overwatered. Howe will be back. Moore out. I am thinking also Aish in for Brown.

I agree that JDG will likely only return later - maybe against Port

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15   

Jump to: