Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped in thriller - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The entire team was to blame for that loss tonight. Looked flat and ordinary. No run and carry that's split open opposition teams like we've become used to seeing. We never looked likely after half time. Losing Moore didn't help and that 3rd quarter was deplorable. Inaccurate kicking combined with an ineffective midfield and dysfunctional forward line and we were always going to be up against it. The coke muncher had a field day with a little help from the yellow maggots and a bloke who hasn't played for 6 yrs probably had more possessions than our midfield combined we were that bad.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:03 pm

Congratulations to Langdon, Adams, Greenwood and Varcoe. Great games.
Mugwump 

Great, brave effort to get up off the canvas. Hard to believe that Moore would not have put more pressure on Franklin in that critical period, so injuries again cost us. We need to rethink playing injury-prone players, I also thought Buckley and coaching staff were too slow to double team Franklin.

Sydney are not that much of a threat. We'd have smashed them on the G even with that side, and I reckon Melbourne will take them next week.

We don't need tot make top four to give it a shake, if the injury plague would leave us alone.

MacPies90 

I dont want to see Moore in our jumper again! How many quarters of a fit Key position player has he cost us when he has played. Compare him to Elliott, at least he has not cost us on field soldiers! Cost us dearly again tonight
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

Whilst im upset at the loss, at least we fought it right out, despite our massive injury toll. Moore going off really hit us, it was the tipping point in the game. But, at three qtr time, I thought swans would run away with it, we had run outa soldiers. So u have to give our boys credit, against all odds, we hit the front late, and could have pinched it. Im not really that upset, cos I see a hell of a lot of fight in this undermanned team, a fierce will to never, ever give up, no matter what the odds,this will stand us in good stead, down the track. Next week, get back Howe, de goey, maybe one other, and we can take the Lions, I reckon. This season is far from done.!!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:04 pm

axl wrote:
Cam wrote:
If Moore can run off the field into the waiting arms of a tracksuit [and Brodie] then he can bloody well sit in the forward pocket and keep our rotations up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to have a look at Moores trade value while it is high. Not looking good for the young man with injuries.

He is out of contract and doubt we would get more than a 4th rounder for him atm
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:04 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
SwansWay wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Season stuffed now.

Had to win one of the last two games and lost both.

Can't afford to fall asleep for nearly two quarters and expect to play finals.

No more Moore. Sick of losing games because we're a man down early because of this guy.

He's singlehandedly killing us!

We're still fourth.

We'll be 6th by the end of the round.

At least we get Brisbane and Freo. Still plenty to play out. Doesn't make me feel any better though.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:05 pm

If the Giants and Demons win tomorrow, we'll drop down to 6th.

Just goes to show how tight the competition is.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:05 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
The entire team was to blame for that loss tonight. Looked flat and ordinary. No run and carry that's split open opposition teams like we've become used to seeing. We never looked likely after half time. Losing Moore didn't help and that 3rd quarter was deplorable. Inaccurate kicking combined with an ineffective midfield and dysfunctional forward line and we were always going to be up against it. The coke muncher had a field day with a little help from the yellow maggots and a bloke who hasn't played for 6 yrs probably had more possessions than our midfield combined we were that bad.

Meh, we were playing with about six players that should have been in the reserves against an AFL Frankenstein side that was desperate to win on its uniquely hard to play home ground. It was a brave effort, and some days it just doesn't go your way.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:06 pm

SwansWay wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
SwansWay wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Season stuffed now.

Had to win one of the last two games and lost both.

Can't afford to fall asleep for nearly two quarters and expect to play finals.

No more Moore. Sick of losing games because we're a man down early because of this guy.

He's singlehandedly killing us!

We're still fourth.

We'll be 6th by the end of the round.

At least we get Brisbane and Freo. Still plenty to play out. Doesn't make me feel any better though.

You say Brisbane like theyre easy beats.

Best Haw twice, lost by less than a kick to us, Adel, Roos.

Theyll beat us.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

watt price tully wrote:
Congratulations to Langdon, Adams, Greenwood and Varcoe. Great games.

I knew I had missed one - Langdon!!! He kept us in it in the final quarter. Very commendable effort.
SwansWay 

Then you need to go back and look at some critical calls. Like the commentators saying that Brown was taken high which would've resulted in an easy shot on goal but they called ball when he had no prior.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:07 pm

When its all said and done, weve lost 3 of 4.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

Mugwump wrote:
[quote="WarrenerraW"]The entire team was to blame for that loss tonight. Looked flat and ordinary. No run and carry that's split open opposition teams like we've become used to seeing. We never looked likely after half time. Losing Moore didn't help and that 3rd quarter was deplorable. Inaccurate kicking combined with an ineffective midfield and dysfunctional forward line and we were always going to be up against it. The coke muncher had a field day with a little help from the yellow maggots and a bloke who hasn't played for 6 yrs probably had more possessions than our midfield combined we were that bad.[/quote]

Meh, we were playing with about six players that should have been in the reserves against an AFL Frankenstein side that was desperate to win on its uniquely hard to play home ground. It was a brave effort, and some days it just doesn't go your way.
I hadn't thought of that.
thebaldfacts 

Absolutely shattered. Last quarter we dominated but allowed an easy goal to start the quarter and a fluke goal towards the end which cost us the game.

Pendles and Sidey were poor tonight. Callum Brown was woeful and Daicos did little. Stephenson and JT did nothing.

In the end we ran out of back men.

Another game where Moores failure to finish a game cost us the 4 points.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16   

Jump to: