Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped in thriller - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Play 4 quarters Bux? How is it that the Swans play 1 quarter and get the win? # gutted
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:43 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
I think Buckley's ultra conservative selection process probably cost us the win as well last night.For some strange reason he seems reluctant to drop any players.Brown was terrible last week,and only had five possessions last night.Aish would have been a far better bet.And Fasolo should have come in for Daicos as well.Put those two expecienced players in,then we probably win,especially when you consider that the winning margin was only two points.

Unfortunately Callum doesn’t look like he’ll make it. Too small, poor skills, slow with only good bloodlines

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:48 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
If Moore didn’t play vs Richmond or sydney, he doesn’t take Howe out, Howe plays veld Sydney, Moore’s replacement plays four quarters, and we defect sydney comfortably. Just saying...

Moore is a dead set f.cking liability. Not only does he break down every second match, he does so in the first quarter!! As for friendly fire with Howe, what a jib!

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:49 pm

Cam wrote:
Buddy hit the post how many times though? They go in, we are all alot less highly strung right now.

Chris Mayne says the same thing

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:55 pm

How Darcy Moore has his hand out asking for “more money” , refusing to sign and playing the off field game is damn disgusting # More Moore filth
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:00 pm

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Valiant effort to get back in the game. It was pretty clear we'd struggle after having to reshuffle the deck at half time. So sick of watching us capitulate due to players going down early. The game is so $£$%^%%$ cruel atm, I've just about had a %$^%$£$% full! It's a lot easier to take when you know you're not good enough but we are and last night $£$%^%%$ hurt!

Quoting this saves me from typing it myself.

think better wrote:
so here's my pop-psychology version of last night's game

We were playing pretty well and knew that Buddy was threatening - but Darcy was doing okay on him in the 2nd Quarter

At he half time break the players understand that Darcy is out - they all do a bit of Whoa-is-me and they fall off. "We can't win - the injuries are totally getting to us"

3rd Quater is a bad one as a result.

Three quarter time and someone (probably Buckley) tells them to get over it and get on with the game. Last quarter is much better - almost get over the line but the 3rd quarter has killed us.

Lot of common sense here. Came back for a quick look, and this is way better than the ‘shit effort, pathetic, gutless, useless, delist, crap,’insert other negative comments here’” comments of last night. This year has been an amazing ride, for those of us that have stuck fat for the last 5 or 6 of, well, pain! I still have some hope this year, and I’m full of excitement for what to come. Good with the bad. Look for the positives. More importantly give credit where due. Yes a couple of stars were down a bit, but do you know what they are carrying? Physically, mentally? It’s been just a huge huge year.

Side by side with this magnificent, awesome, frustrating, heartbreaking, mind blowing, brilliant, simply the best football team. Always, thick and thin. You don’t quit when the going gets tough, never never never never, QUIT!

Cmon Pies I am confident we will bounce back from this. The Swans has a couple of massive advantages, the ground they play on is quite frankly not to standard, the size makes it so hard for other teams not used to the confines, and they had a firing buddy, and we were down 5, yes FIVE good defenders. The Swans are always up and about thanks to the AFLs tampering, two $£$%^%%$ heart breaking points. I’m not giving it to the boys for that. They deserve far better, cheers

STANDS and Applauds !!!! Well said T P, spot on, took the words right outa my mouth. Quitters never wn, and Winners never quit, stick fat, and the wheel must turn in our favour. !! One last thing, to those pea hearts on here knocking Langdon, none of you know a damn thing bout football, defensive play. I bet none of you ever played a game yourselves, or had sons like I have, who played in junior Premiership teams. You know nothing about the game, and just pot shot a guy who tries his guts out. !! Exclamation Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:05 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Play 4 quarters Bux? How is it that the Swans play 1 quarter and get the win? # gutted

Because they have Buddy, and we don’t have Tom Lynch.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:32 pm

inxs88 wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
I think Buckley's ultra conservative selection process probably cost us the win as well last night.For some strange reason he seems reluctant to drop any players.Brown was terrible last week,and only had five possessions last night.Aish would have been a far better bet.And Fasolo should have come in for Daicos as well.Put those two expecienced players in,then we probably win,especially when you consider that the winning margin was only two points.

Unfortunately Callum doesn’t look like he’ll make it. Too small, poor skills, slow with only good bloodlines

He's what, two preseasons? Make the call after 4. He was playing some decent footy at the start of the year.

John LEWIN 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:32 pm

Time to move on, blame won't help, maybe a goalkeeper late in the game would have helped. We went in badly undermanned at the back but looked the better team early. Anyway, we lost Moore and had to reset without anything like a real AFL full back and a defensive set up that was as green as grass, ( might be disputed) while that was being managed(by everyone)Sydney got momentum and it took us time to get into the groove again. That was the third quarter. Then we rallied with great effort and determination but Sydney pulled one out at the last minute. So relax, there was no Titanic disaster. The positive is that with a fit defensive line we would have won by four to six goals.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:36 pm

Cam wrote:
[quote="inxs88"][quote="doriswilgus"]I think Buckley's ultra conservative selection process probably cost us the win as well last night.For some strange reason he seems reluctant to drop any players.Brown was terrible last week,and only had five possessions last night.Aish would have been a far better bet.And Fasolo should have come in for Daicos as well.Put those two expecienced players in,then we probably win,especially when you consider that the winning margin was only two points.[/quote]

Unfortunately Callum doesn’t look like he’ll make it. Too small, poor skills, slow with only good bloodlines[/quote]

He's what, two preseasons? Make the call after 4. He was playing some decent footy at the start of the year.
Too what?
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:54 pm

Cam wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:

Correct weight, Cam.

Poor development is bringing a kid back after a layoff for a game or two and then deciding he's not worth persisting with. They need a block of games - preferably not just against the two teams most renowned for their pressure.

Let him play out the year. He's not the first player to have regressed in his second year by any stretch. Give Stevo a break if anything. He looks knackered. Even young Daics could have a spell as his second halves have me thinking he can't run out games at the moment. They've both had decent blocks of footy run into them and it will stand them in good stead into the future. That's also 2 spots opened right there for Fas and Aish and in time for them to find a little touch for finals.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:17 pm

FMD, I should know better, but it never ceases to amaze me how some people can be so critical of a debutant (that's a first game player yeah - nuff heads) playing against the best forward of at least the last decade and complain that he didn't get the three Brownlow votes so he won't make it.

I suppose the first time that they ever did something they were perfect. Rolling Eyes

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:22 pm

I'm so tired of not finishing the gsme with 22 players
Can't remember the last time we had game when we weren't injury hit so bad
Moore and these hamstrings are become a weekly occurrence nearly
The side that lined up last night isn't even close to what we could put on the park if we weren't hit by injury
Elliott Reid Trelaor Dunn Scharenberg Goldie Wells Aish Howe JDG
That's 10 that would be in our top 22/25 easily
Add in then depth players like Fasalo Broomhead Appleby Wills
Imagine taking away Rance Martin Cotchin and Reidwoldt from the Tigers let alone 10 players
Or Franklin Kennedy Parker Rampy from the Swans

It just blows
I reckon both Sidey and Pendles are far from fully fit as well. Neither have been having any massive impact on games the past few weeks but we can't afford to have any more players out

This is the season that has promised so much and given us all such a good ride and now appears to be heading for the ultimate disasterous ending
We still need 1 good win and 2 narrow losses to be in the top 8 or if results conspire against us it might take 2 wins to stay in the top 8
The lions won't be easy and given there forward line is tall and quick we are going to be hard pressed getting that result
Nearly 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:07 pm

I was at the game and am as shattered by the result as the next fan.

Woke up this morning still gutted.

But I will not be playing the keyboard warrior and participating in some of the ugly slurs that I see in here against players that tried their hearts out, and just about got the job done, could quite easily have done so, against all the odds.

In particular I am at a loss to understand the nastiness directed at Sidebottom and Pendlebury. Two lion hearted club legends that give their all every.single.time and have done for such a long period.

Some ‘fans’ need to have a good hard look at themselves. If they do, they could do well to ask themselves where they expected to be after, or even before, Round 1, if they knew we’d have 17 AFL listed players injured, most for long periods, and more critically, rarely having the 22 that start the game, finish the game.

I for one am immensely proud of what this group has done this year. The wins, the attractive football, the overall guts they have shown in the face of adversity.

We should make finals (something most thought unlikely even before Round 1 and even without the extraordinary run with injuries). We may not. I very much hope we do as it would be a just reward. Unlikely to do much damage unless the miraculous happens and we get and keep JDG, Treloar, Howe and Moore. But under the circumstances, making it is enough.

After the crap footy we’ve played for the last few years, 2018 has been a revelation and should be seen as such.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:12 pm

So Mihocek's 50 against Buddy was the difference in the end!

Last edited by What'sinaname on Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16   

Jump to: