Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped in thriller - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:18 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

jatsad wrote:
Cam wrote:
If Buddy had kicked straight the Swans would have won easily.
Shattered though, because if Sier had kept it in...Sidebottom...Cox... anyhow, gutsy, but I just hope we don't fall right away.

So you don't think Mayne and Cox missing 2 each counts?

Cox 1.3
Mayne 0.2
Grundy 1.2

We have played better generally this season, but more accurate goal kicking has been a part of the turnaround in results. Not tonight … 10.11.

Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:36 am

Legitimate question how many goals to behinds has Mayne kicked in Collingwood colours? I reckon it's about 6-7 behinds for every goal. Didn't watch the game as had a family birthday, but from the lowlights, undisciplined push after Buddy marked at end of the 3rd and subsequent 50 and goal, Maynard brain farts in the first and poor goal kicking by Mayne and Cox (was listening on radio coming home) were the difference. Statswise it looked like Adams and Langdon had good games and Sidey and Pendles were below par which is a reoccurring theme in our losses
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:53 am

Clifton Hill-Billy wrote:
Legitimate question how many goals to behinds has Mayne kicked in Collingwood colours? I reckon it's about 6-7 behinds for every goal. Didn't watch the game as had a family birthday, but from the lowlights, undisciplined push after Buddy marked at end of the 3rd and subsequent 50 and goal, Maynard brain farts in the first and poor goal kicking by Mayne and Cox (was listening on radio coming home) were the difference. Statswise it looked like Adams and Langdon had good games and Sidey and Pendles were below par which is a reoccurring theme in our losses

Franklin might have kicked that goal at the end of the third quarter anyway, but it was no cert, and that push from Mihocek was probably the most stupid and costly act of the night. Cox’s two missed goals were very unfortunate, but I actually felt that his two big marks were what gave the boys hope that they could reel it back in, so it’s hard to be too harsh.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:01 am

Well once things certain, we're going to have to think outside of the box and shuffle some deck chairs to somehow maintain our basic structure and be a threat in September - it was at least comforting that we were able to start scoring again in the 4th quarter to almost steal the points. Too many passengers last night but obviously losing Moore destroyed our structure.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:39 am

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Valiant effort to get back in the game. It was pretty clear we'd struggle after having to reshuffle the deck at half time. So sick of watching us capitulate due to players going down early. The game is so $£$%^%%$ cruel atm, I've just about had a %$^%$£$% full! It's a lot easier to take when you know you're not good enough but we are and last night $£$%^%%$ hurt!

Quoting this saves me from typing it myself.

think better 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:44 am

so here's my pop-psychology version of last night's game

We were playing pretty well and knew that Buddy was threatening - but Darcy was doing okay on him in the 2nd Quarter

At he half time break the players understand that Darcy is out - they all do a bit of Whoa-is-me and they fall off. "We can't win - the injuries are totally getting to us"

3rd Quater is a bad one as a result.

Three quarter time and someone (probably Buckley) tells them to get over it and get on with the game. Last quarter is much better - almost get over the line but the 3rd quarter has killed us.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:09 am

stui magpie wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Valiant effort to get back in the game. It was pretty clear we'd struggle after having to reshuffle the deck at half time. So sick of watching us capitulate due to players going down early. The game is so $£$%^%%$ cruel atm, I've just about had a %$^%$£$% full! It's a lot easier to take when you know you're not good enough but we are and last night $£$%^%%$ hurt!

Quoting this saves me from typing it myself.

think better wrote:
so here's my pop-psychology version of last night's game

We were playing pretty well and knew that Buddy was threatening - but Darcy was doing okay on him in the 2nd Quarter

At he half time break the players understand that Darcy is out - they all do a bit of Whoa-is-me and they fall off. "We can't win - the injuries are totally getting to us"

3rd Quater is a bad one as a result.

Three quarter time and someone (probably Buckley) tells them to get over it and get on with the game. Last quarter is much better - almost get over the line but the 3rd quarter has killed us.

Lot of common sense here. Came back for a quick look, and this is way better than the ‘shit effort, pathetic, gutless, useless, delist, crap,’insert other negative comments here’” comments of last night. This year has been an amazing ride, for those of us that have stuck fat for the last 5 or 6 of, well, pain! I still have some hope this year, and I’m full of excitement for what to come. Good with the bad. Look for the positives. More importantly give credit where due. Yes a couple of stars were down a bit, but do you know what they are carrying? Physically, mentally? It’s been just a huge huge year.

Side by side with this magnificent, awesome, frustrating, heartbreaking, mind blowing, brilliant, simply the best football team. Always, thick and thin. You don’t quit when the going gets tough, never never never never, QUIT!

Cmon Pies I am confident we will bounce back from this. The Swans has a couple of massive advantages, the ground they play on is quite frankly not to standard, the size makes it so hard for other teams not used to the confines, and they had a firing buddy, and we were down 5, yes FIVE good defenders. The Swans are always up and about thanks to the AFLs tampering, two $£$%^%%$ heart breaking points. I’m not giving it to the boys for that. They deserve far better, cheers

jatsad 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:32 am

How about that corrupt organisation called the AFL give us a game against Sydney in Melbourne. Last one was in 2013.

Then let’s see how good they are.

58pie 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:34 am

What a lost opportunity. Dont know how we lost but maybe should have played Faz instead of Brown, not pushed Buddy in the back, not seen Darcy go off and not see Mainy miss an easy shot. Apart from those we should have won by 3 goals. Go Pies always next week?!!
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:34 am

^ Great post TP. Yep, Side by side, and we are far from done yet for 2018.
slangman 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:31 pm

Positives:

Came back in the last quarter after an horrendous 3rd quarter.
Grundy and Adams busted their guts all game.
Mayne contributed well.

Negatives:

Our players constantly slipping over, where as Swans kept their feet (some in crucial moments).
Mo(o)re injuries….becoming farcical if it isn’t already.
Kicking for goal.

Overall, a performance that was in line with what we had on the park.
Anyone who thinks injuries don’t play a MASSIVE part in the outcome of games and seasons only needs to look at where we are in relation to Richmond.

Both teams at full strength, we would win by 5 goals….but they sit on top with an available complement of players that we don’t even get during pre season.

Injuries have stopped us from winning the flag this year!!!

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:43 pm

Mayne has been playing lockdown wingman for months, I'm not 100% sold but I certainly don't expect him to be kicking goals for us. Poor young Stevo is copping the best mobile defender in each team and is losing his grip [or has lost it] on the RS. That said, Varcoe kicked the Stevo goals last night.

Grundy should have kicked 3, he was playing against the little kids and missed those ones from the ruck contest. Cox MUST kick his goals as well and not just rely on the taps.

Credit to Sydney... they shut down our run, made us play relatively slowly, created enough room for BF up front and severely limited Pendlebury and Sidebottom through close attention [not sure who but seemed like it].

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:28 pm

I think Buckley's ultra conservative selection process probably cost us the win as well last night.For some strange reason he seems reluctant to drop any players.Brown was terrible last week,and only had five possessions last night.Aish would have been a far better bet.And Fasolo should have come in for Daicos as well.Put those two expecienced players in,then we probably win,especially when you consider that the winning margin was only two points.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:30 pm

DP.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:32 pm

I think Buckley's ultra conservative selection process probably cost us the win as well last night.For some strange reason he seems reluctant to drop any players.Brown was terrible last week,and only had five possessions last night.Aish would have been a far better bet.And Fasolo should have come in for Daicos as well.Put those two expecienced players in,then we probably win,especially when you consider that the winning margin was only two points.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 13 of 16   

Jump to: