Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mighty Magpie's Offseason Trade and List Management Blog

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 126, 127, 128  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We didn't fix our "problem" - tall forwards - or our suspect tall defenders. We did improve our already awesome (though not quite good enough in the GF) midfield. The only question mark is - the same as last year - does that matter? With Checkers and a host of mid sized forwards we got the job done and the undersized defence stood up manfully, can they do the same again, given we haven't addressed (particularly the forward) issue?

I think so, and I suspect we'll have a lot more acceptance and readiness to rest some players as required this year which will hopefully prolong Moore and maybe even Elliots seasons! (past 0 games Razz)

- Ben
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:33 pm

Brown26 wrote:
We didn't fix our "problem" - tall forwards - or our suspect tall defenders. We did improve our already awesome (though not quite good enough in the GF) midfield. The only question mark is - the same as last year - does that matter? With Checkers and a host of mid sized forwards we got the job done and the undersized defence stood up manfully, can they do the same again, given we haven't addressed (particularly the forward) issue?

I think so, and I suspect we'll have a lot more acceptance and readiness to rest some players as required this year which will hopefully prolong Moore and maybe even Elliots seasons! (past 0 games Razz)

- Ben

Ben I don't think our forward was as small as people think
Cox is a monster, JDG is better than average size like wise WHE and checkers plays taller than some realise
Defence was undersized through the finals for sure and in the end that caught up with us
Moore will be back like wise Dunn and Scharenberg so we have troops. Kelly won't play this season unless we get hit hard by injuries but he looks very likley
Our mids suffered mainly because Sidey and Pendles were held and held well by there lesser players allowing there good mids to concentrate on the ball more
I think we missed a trick not roughing Shuey up he's known for not liking the tough stuff
Adding Beams improves us massively he's a ball winner and good user on the outside
I think our list is fine and am glad we didn't throw the sink at May or Lynch
I wonder how the Tigers forward pressure goes now adding Lynch and May at the Dee's can't play on anything other than slower talls which not every side has
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:37 pm

Roughy chats on Pie website and he seems a good bloke—with the glasses he looks like Clarke Kent
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:25 pm

Brown26 wrote:

- Ben

Roughead was recruited primarily as a tall key defender. Also, the club expects Moore to be right to step up next year, so I'd say our apparent KPP weaknesses have been addressed. We have a much better list now, with no obvious weaknesses at all imo.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:52 pm

Roughead also said he is working with Rocca and Grundy in ruck work
K 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:30 am

Flip news:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-04/pies-open-contract-talks-with-muchimproved-wingman

"Industry sources suggest a player of Phillips' quality – he averaged 25.5 disposals a match in 2018 – could command up to $550,000 or $600,000 a season on the open market."

Really??
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:08 pm

The "industry source" = the guy who sells 'Records' during the footy season, and 'big issues' in his other spare time...
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:11 pm

Tell me how this man makes you feel.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:50 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Brown26 wrote:

- Ben

Roughead was recruited primarily as a tall key defender. Also, the club expects Moore to be right to step up next year, so I'd say our apparent KPP weaknesses have been addressed. We have a much better list now, with no obvious weaknesses at all imo.

If we had a gun 194cm, agile forward in the Pavlich/Riewoldt class, we would go back to back

K 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:44 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Brown26 wrote:

... the club expects Moore to be right to step up next year ...

I have no idea how people are so confident the club's injury problems will magically solve themselves next year...
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:35 pm

^ They have invested in some of that magic spray the cricketers used back in the 80’s and 90’s.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:58 pm

K wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Brown26 wrote:

... the club expects Moore to be right to step up next year ...

I have no idea how people are so confident the club's injury problems will magically solve themselves next year...

I believe Moore, Reid and Elliott will all be sleeping under a pyramid, surrounded by scented candles, with Ravi Shanker's sitar music playing on high rotation. They'll be fine. Shocked
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:12 pm

inxs88 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Brown26 wrote:

- Ben

If we had a gun 194cm, agile forward in the Pavlich/Riewoldt class, we would go back to back

Know of any available?

Brown26 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:43 pm

I'm a little shorter but I'll be free come March Neil... Razz

- Ben
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:16 pm

Brown26 wrote:
I'm a little shorter but I'll be free come March Neil... Razz

- Ben
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 127 of 128   

Jump to: