Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mighty Magpie's Offseason Trade and List Management Blog

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 125, 126, 127, 128  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DT 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The midfield rankings are bs.

WCE has the best midfield- we have the second best midfield.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:01 pm

Champion data overall rankings at the start of the year:

Collingwood (10th)
West Coast (12th)

Last edited by Jezza on Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:02 pm

The start of the year Champion Data's ranking of us was 10th and for the Eagles it was 12th is where it's at.
E 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:54 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
Clarifies who is Cat A and Cat B too, except that we appear to be in breach as primary + Cat A = 45.

Have I missed something?

its an error. Mihocek is a rookie and Magden is a category B rookie.

We are 38/6/2

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:25 am

E wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
Clarifies who is Cat A and Cat B too, except that we appear to be in breach as primary + Cat A = 45.

Have I missed something?

We are 38/6/2

Not disputing you E, just given what the club has published I'd like a source if possible.

E 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:59 am

MightyMagpie wrote:
E wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:

Have I missed something?

We are 38/6/2

Not disputing you E, just given what the club has published I'd like a source if possible.

given that the day before they published that article (which itself was intended only to let you know the numbers of the new players), Magden was a category B and Mihocek was a rookie (and, as you say, if the article was accurate we would be in breach of the player list rules - something i am sure we are not), i'd say the source is simply to be skeptical of the two missing asterix!

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:08 am

E wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
E wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:

Have I missed something?

We are 38/6/2

given that the day before they published that article (which itself was intended only to let you know the numbers of the new players), Magden was a category B and Mihocek was a rookie (and, as you say, if the article was accurate we would be in breach of the player list rules - something i am sure we are not), i'd say the source is simply to be skeptical of the two missing asterix!

OK, I was already skeptical thus my post. As to the correct list, I'll wait for something more definitive. (I suspect you are correct though).

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:24 pm

The desire to succeed is well catered for at Holden Centre when for betterment of the side you give a bit to get that success

Heard a whisper that the playing group approached the club to say they would salary sacrifice so we could get Beams back

Know its been mentioned but it further confirms my faith in our direction

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:48 pm

And an amazing example of the 'new' culture at the club. Selfless players in pursuit of the ultimate prize.

Beams will repay their sacrifice in spades, of that I'm sure.

our new listed players far outweigh those who have departed.

Onwards and upwards Magpie boys

E 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:32 am

BazBoy wrote:
The desire to succeed is well catered for at Holden Centre when for betterment of the side you give a bit to get that success

Heard a whisper that the playing group approached the club to say they would salary sacrifice so we could get Beams back

So much for the narrative peddled by many on this site that Dane Beams left the club in disgrace. Is this bigger than LeBron James returning to Cleveland and winning his hometown a championship only five years after the owner penned a scathing letter saying good riddance to him the first time he left. Kind of reminds me of the vitriol we saw on this site.

somewhere on an enormous farm in Queensland, Qld Magpies is smiling contently to himself. For 4 long years he has been defending the honor of Dayne and his family.

I for one am pleased that he is back.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:58 am

E wrote:
BazBoy wrote:

So much for the narrative peddled by many on this site that Dane Beams left the club in disgrace. Is this bigger than LeBron James returning to Cleveland and winning his hometown a championship only five years after the owner penned a scathing letter saying good riddance to him the first time he left. Kind of reminds me of the vitriol we saw on this site.

somewhere on an enormous farm in Queensland, Qld Magpies is smiling contently to himself. For 4 long years he has been defending the honor of Dayne and his family.

I for one am pleased that he is back.

E hardly a enormous farm any longer but the 75 hectares is enough for me to go missing as required
As for Dayne there is no gloating from me
I defended Dayne as I saw it but didn't and wouldn't defend his non attendance at the Copeland
He took on some very poor advice at the time and I'm sure in hindsight he wishes he had faced the fans and said his good byes properly
I never begrudged people being upset about him leaving that's cool but some of the vitriol thrown his way and some of the remarks levelled at him were highly disrespectful and outright lies in some instances
As a pies fan I'm glad his back you can never have to many good players in your team but the flip side of the coin is is back because his dad passed away and that's the hard part for me
At the end of the day E I hope he can deliver on the field and find happiness off it
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:49 am

BazBoy wrote:

Baz it's not uncommon for players to adjust there contracts to allow clubs flexibility in luring s player
It's smart by the club bring in a good player but the same time extend other good players like Sidey and WHE giving them more years
I think the Wells deal was the one that really hurt us this season and next
If media reports were correct that chunk of coin could have been spent much better
We kept Moore JDG which was vital but also kept lesser lights to add stability in the clubs long term program
Adding Beams was great but the depth in Roughhead was good also then we landed everything we wanted at the draft without selling the farm so to speak
I think the cultural change and the massive shift in mindset and man management learned by the coach has been vital
From the outside looking in and seeing and listening to the playing group and the coach the sense of buying into the club has been a massive part of our success
I think Maxy has been vital in this. He's s man of extreme loyalty, compassion and integrity
I like the additions to our assistants the year before and I don't think we can under sell the value guys like Hocking, Boyd and Longmuir made around the place
Longmuir particularly and the defensive system he put in place made our weakened defence (due to personal injuries) it was like one piece break just plug another piece in and continue on its way
The one thing I took from our season was set early on was the self sacrifice by Pendles and Sidey when asked to change there roles in certain games for the team goals (think Pendles tagging Cripps and Sidey playing in and under)
This set the tone for the season and the longer the season went the more we saw that attitude of team first ethos shine through
It only gives you encouragement that this can carry the group and club to bigger and better things long term
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:31 pm

Now that the list is final, is it time to unsticky this?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:12 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
BazBoy wrote:

Adding Beams was great but the depth in Roughhead was good also then we landed everything we wanted at the draft without selling the farm so to speak

I think the Roughhead pickup is a beauty and if one of the two Irish recurits works out then we've done really well.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:11 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Longmuir particularly and the defensive system he put in place made our weakened defence (due to personal injuries)

Dunne and Shaz did ACL's, Moore had a dodgy hamstring, I didn't know anyone had any injuries to the downstairs department, maybe a torted testis or a fractured penis? Are they the new back related hamstrings? Razz

- Ben
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 125, 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 126 of 128   

Jump to: