Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Parole for convicted terror plotters

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:37 pm
Post subject: Parole for convicted terror plottersReply with quote

<Split from "Terror attacks by Islamist groups" thread – thanks, David for BBMods>

Aussie terrorists could walk free without any parole conditions under existing laws

Up to 20 of Australia's worst terrorists could be released from prison without any parole conditions due to a legal oversight.

Under current laws, NSW courts are only capable of keeping convicted terrorists in jail provided there is a "high degree of probability" of them reoffending, the Daily Telegraph reports.

Should those courts fail in proving probability, they would be unable to enforce any parole sanctions following the offender's release.

Sanctions would not be applicable due to the terrorists having served their sentence and could only be imposed pending a successful Federal Court case.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/07/18/06/03/abdul-nacer-benbrika-terrorist-jihadi-nsw-new-south-wales-court-parole-jail

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Wow, fancy them being let free after serving their sentence and being judged to be likely not to re-offend (i.e. being rehabilitated)? What an 'oversight' that would be. Rolling Eyes
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:32 pm

Yeah because they're fine now Rolling Eyes .... When they reoffend and kill somebody we'll revisit this hey.

Look at this.... can't even walk down the street in no go zones in Sydney.
It's only going to get worse.

I can't believe the head in the sand brigade! Just what is it going to take for you lot to wake up to what is happening!?!

https://www.facebook.com/373738122750667/posts/1003703569754116/

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:58 pm

You’re just a xenophobe and I don’t know why it’s permitted.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:05 pm

Lauren Southern isn’t an objective source, Skids. I get the concern about the fact that much ordinary media is in the grip of pro-immigration ideology, but this woman’s “journalism” always finds the same thing - the thing she is looking for - and she’s not a trustworthy source.

After years of suppression and bullying cries of racism whenever anyone dared to challenge the consequences of mass immigration and official multiculturalism, it is good that there can now be a proper debate about these subjects. But that will only survive if those who communicate the risks of mass immigration operate under reputable editorial control.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:06 am

Pies4shaw wrote:

It's permitted because, despite the fervent attempts by some, PC groupthink hasn't yet become mandatory. So we have people with wide ranges of opinions (who often think their own opinion is the only correct one) and, still (again despite often fervent attempts to shout them down) the right to express them.

I'd much rather live in a country where people are free to hold and express opinions that I disagree with, then the contrary.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:14 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

It's permitted because, despite the fervent attempts by some, PC groupthink hasn't yet become mandatory. So we have people with wide ranges of opinions (who often think their own opinion is the only correct one) and, still (again despite often fervent attempts to shout them down) the right to express them.

I'd much rather live in a country where people are free to hold and express opinions that I disagree with, then the contrary.

You make the mistake of confusing reasonable comment on such issues with common or garden racist diatribe. Those of you who think such rubbish is OK should contemplate why the Islamic terrorism thread gets a post about people Skids doesn’t like in Sydney and why the Sudanese crime thread got a post about South Koreans keeping Yemenis at bay. The only link is the racism.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:31 pm

^

Well, that's your view and you're entitles to hold it, doesn't make it correct. See my signature.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:34 pm

That's just silly, Stui. One can have the discussion without needing to be a walking one-man episode of All in the Family. For example, you can and do. You should expect it of other people, as well.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:28 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Those of you who think such rubbish is OK should contemplate why the Islamic terrorism thread gets a post about people Skids doesn’t like in Sydney and why the Sudanese crime thread got a post about South Koreans. The only link is the racism.

Not true. The main link is the worldwide explosion in barely controlled immigration and its effect on host societies, and the growing resistance to it. You want to shut this down by labeling “racist” views that you do not agree with. The tactic no longer works, however, and you’ll have to argue reasonably for the benefits rather than bully the debate.

Last edited by Mugwump on Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:39 pm

^

Ummm, you wanna fix that?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:42 pm

That may be what you think you're talking about. It certainly isn't what Skids is talking about.

Your pathetic attempts to stand up for racist views are depressing. If you want to keep pretending that you're a moderate conservative and not some sort of throw-back to a bygone era, you might start by conducting yourself like one and stop defending the obviously indefensible. I have no interest in shutting down the debate, just shutting down the racism. The former cannot be advanced by the latter and the latter discredits the former.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:49 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Ummm, you wanna fix that?

Sorry mate. Perils of editing down extraneous content. Should be fixed now.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:01 pm

P4S, I counter Skids views when I think they are not factual or arise from bad sources. I think I said that his use of the word “plague” was insensitive, though I doubt he meant it to refer to the people themselves. If he was demanding deportations or violence against Muslims I would want it deleted. But he is allowed to post facts which explain his views and ventilate the crisis within Islam which makes it a problematic companion to our society.

As for my being a “pretend” moderate Conservative in your eyes, there is no pretense involved. If not agreeing with you on this issue makes me a mealy mouthed apologist, unhinged, or any of the other insults you throw, I can wear that. My views are defined by my words. Most dispassionate observers would consider them to be at the moderate end of Conservative for the most part. I try to reason my way to positions without regard to where they sit on any spectrum.

Last edited by Mugwump on Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:03 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
That may be what you think you're talking about. It certainly isn't what Skids is talking about.

Your pathetic attempts to stand up for racist views are depressing. If you want to keep pretending that you're a moderate conservative and not some sort of throw-back to a bygone era, you might start by conducting yourself like one and stop defending the obviously indefensible. I have no interest in shutting down the debate, just shutting down the racism. The former cannot be advanced by the latter and the latter discredits the former.

I would argue that Skids is not racist, but does clearly have his issues with Islam which is a religion. Muslims are not a race.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: