Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Elliott injured with 5 mins to go in VFL match today...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Sugar wrote:
thesoretoothsayer wrote:
I suppose with Jamie out it's a case of:
"Cometh the Hour, Cometh the Fas"

I don't see a spot in our forwad line for Fas, who does he replace?

Stepenson?

Thomas?

WHE?

JDG?

He doesn't have the tank to play wing either, i think he's played his last game for us.

Agree. Crocker or Fas? Crocker. Fas reminds me a bit of Dids' last season. Goneski. I'd play Blair on a wing everytime instead of him as well. Simply, Blair, Crocker, Mayne, Varcoe etc fit our style. Fasolo could only replace... Cox.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:37 pm

I’m having a few DTM “write my thoughts down and press ‘reply’” moments.

Apologies.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:42 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
I’m having a few DTM “write my thoughts down and press ‘reply’” moments.

Apologies.

Feeling it with you mate. Here in London I woke up, flicked across to the VFL page here expecting that one of Fas Aish or Jamie would have gone down. I was pleased it was only one !

Number 35 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:43 pm

Big call linking Fas to Dids, Cam

Fas is 26 years old entering his prime.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:50 pm

Cam wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
thesoretoothsayer wrote:
I suppose with Jamie out it's a case of:
"Cometh the Hour, Cometh the Fas"

I don't see a spot in our forwad line for Fas, who does he replace?

Stepenson?

Thomas?

WHE?

JDG?

He doesn't have the tank to play wing either, i think he's played his last game for us.

Agree. Crocker or Fas? Crocker. Fas reminds me a bit of Dids' last season. Goneski. I'd play Blair on a wing everytime instead of him as well. Simply, Blair, Crocker, Mayne, Varcoe etc fit our style. Fasolo could only replace... Cox.

Harsh. I disagree. Fas could replace JDG (who's currently out) alternating deep forward with WHE and Son of Stephan. When JDG come back he goes midfield.

Fas played well today, I actually saw him chase and tackle, kicked a few goals, hit Billy with a stab pass and generally looked up and about. We quickly forget, he kicked 29 goals last year in a dysfunctional forward line and averaged 13 disposals and 2 tackles per game.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:56 pm

If Elliott can lose body-parts laying a tackle in the VFL, he is plainly months off senior football. Just forget about him until next season, at least. We've seen, repeatedly, the impact it has on our game when we end up a rotation or two down. We can't afford to take any of these players into the seniors until we are satisfied they are really AFL-fit, however good their names might look on paper.
Number 35 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:56 pm

If you cant fit a classy player like Fasolo in the team because he doesnt have manic tackling pressure then thats a joke. Varcoes running around getting 9 touches and Crockers a fraud in the big league.

We have to pull the trigger with Fasolo. He will be a welcome addition to our forward line and a genuine dangerous target who gives the forward line another dimension with his 60 metre kicking ability. He has the No.1 for a reason.

He is the only player left who could geniuenly allow JDG to go off the leash into midfield come finals.

If were going to win finals we need Treloar and DeGeoy off the leash with Pendles and Steele.

Mason, Fasolo, Hoskin-Elliot, Thomas, Stephenson good enough potency.

Re-gaining either Goldsack or Reid would be a bonus given there experience in Defense. If i had the choice i would take the Combative Tyson Goldsack. The living Good-Omen

Number 35 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:17 pm

By the time finals comes around im calling a few changes. Im guessing Bucks would love Goldy back watching over defense, Pendlebury did say he would be back before finals. I think Phillips may be dropped if he gets exposed once again with Aishys underrated aerial ability coming along. Fasolo possibly finding that Midas touch. And 2 blonde headed guns marauding back in.

FB : Maynard Goldsack Howe
HB : Langdon Moore Crisp
C : Steele Pendlebury Mayne
HF : DeGoey Mihocek Thomas
FF : Stephenson Cox Hoskin-Elliot
Foll : Grundy Treloar Adams
Int : Fasolo Greenwood/Reid Aish Brown ( I saw something in him yesterday )

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:23 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Cos it was paramaount that he played out the final few mins in Avalon rather than being cotton woolled for Sydney.

This club is a joke.

If I was Lynch, I wouldn’t come near The holden centre.

I get the frustration, but if can’t get through a full VFL game he isn’t going to get through an AFL game. The club needs to find out.

exactly. rather he go down now than 10 min into the swan game.
time to long term injury list him and see whether its possible to fix him, damn shame but make the call.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:28 pm

September Zeros wrote:
Number 35 wrote:
Fasolo is better than Elliot

Mayne is better than Phillips

Goldsack is a good Omen

Have a good week boys...

Fasolo might be better than Elliot now but only because he is fit. Fully firing Jamie was / is? 10x the player faz is.

yes but will Jamie's back/hamstrings ever be able to take the pressure again? mute point if the answer is no. Right now the truth of the matter is Faz is better.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:29 pm

think positive wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
Number 35 wrote:
Fasolo is better than Elliot

Mayne is better than Phillips

Goldsack is a good Omen

Have a good week boys...

Fasolo might be better than Elliot now but only because he is fit. Fully firing Jamie was / is? 10x the player faz is.

yes but will Jamie's back/hamstrings ever be able to take the pressure again? mute point if the answer is no. Right now the truth of the matter is Faz is better.

This.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:32 pm

Number 35 wrote:
If you cant fit a classy player like Fasolo in the team because he doesnt have manic tackling pressure then thats a joke. Varcoes running around getting 9 touches and Crockers a fraud in the big league.

We have to pull the trigger with Fasolo. He will be a welcome addition to our forward line and a genuine dangerous target who gives the forward line another dimension with his 60 metre kicking ability. He has the No.1 for a reason.

He is the only player left who could geniuenly allow JDG to go off the leash into midfield come finals.

If were going to win finals we need Treloar and DeGeoy off the leash with Pendles and Steele.

Mason, Fasolo, Hoskin-Elliot, Thomas, Stephenson good enough potency.

Re-gaining either Goldsack or Reid would be a bonus given there experience in Defense. If i had the choice i would take the Combative Tyson Goldsack. The living Good-Omen

agree, didak seldom gave much defensive pressure, it wasnt his job. If he is free from injury and has his demons under control, he will light the place up. and since his foot injury he is a team player, not selfish. His skill with the ball is never in doubt and he has a good football brain.

oh, and Goldy is close, I cant wait to see him out there.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:33 pm

Hard to swallow with Elliot because on field he is as classy as for a small forward. But I believe all his back issues have killed his hammies and now is getting soft tissue that a 30+ yr old struggles with.
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:33 pm

trade or delist.

List clogger now.

Only so many times, we can keep going through this with his injuries.

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:35 pm

I think there is only one solution to all these injuries........time to trade and/or delist all players who cannot get themselves fit or stay fit. This may seem very harsh and it is but this is not a curse, we have too many injury prone footballers and it is ruining every season since the handover. No team can have this much bad luck, time to start making some very very tough decisions.

MONCO: Your life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7   

Jump to: