Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Gold Coast Tanking today helped us in the Lynch Stakes

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubt Thomas will go after Just Re-Signing him and him being a Important Player this Season
derkd 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:00 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
I don't see any chance that the Suns will allow Lynch to go to any team for nothing. That's fanciful thinking. It will be a trade.

I think we have moved on from getting Lynch. I think our real target is Steve May who would be a better fit for our team, having lost Dunn and Scharenberg with a question mark over Goldsack continuing next year. Either way I think we're looking at trading to secure either. If it's Lynch over May I don't know how we are going to pay the other players on our list whose contracts are coming up for renewal.

Very strong point. Not sold that Lynch is even what we need.

Reid is pretty much done.

Dunn is close to being done (no offence and a great player. I feel for him, but at 31 won't be back till 32 he is not the future).

Poor Berg is gone again.

We need to find another tall defender. We actually can probably hold off on throwing a lot of cash at a injured key forward.

I for one will be very disappointed if the club goes brainstorming and pays some stupid amount of money to get this guy. Very good forward...not top of our list of needs.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:07 pm

derkd wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
I don't see any chance that the Suns will allow Lynch to go to any team for nothing. That's fanciful thinking. It will be a trade.

I think we have moved on from getting Lynch. I think our real target is Steve May who would be a better fit for our team, having lost Dunn and Scharenberg with a question mark over Goldsack continuing next year. Either way I think we're looking at trading to secure either. If it's Lynch over May I don't know how we are going to pay the other players on our list whose contracts are coming up for renewal.

Dunn is close to being done (no offence and a great player. I feel for him, but at 31 won't be back till 32 he is not the future).

Poor Berg is gone again.

We need to find another tall defender. We actually can probably hold off on throwing a lot of cash at a injured key forward.

I for one will be very disappointed if the club goes brainstorming and pays some stupid amount of money to get this guy. Very good forward...not top of our list of needs.

But he would allow us to keep Moore as a tall defender.
derkd 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:11 pm

He will be over a million a year (when and if fit) we will be far too tall when addedwith Grundy, Moore, Cox, Reid (when and if fit) am I forgetting anyone? But for me that is too tall.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:28 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
derkd wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Poor Berg is gone again.

But he would allow us to keep Moore as a tall defender.

Precisely

Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:01 pm

And Mihocek can go back - Lynch and Cox with Reid / Mihocek and Moore down back looks better than May and More with Cox and Reid / Mihocek IMO

- Ben
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:51 pm

FWIW I detected a certain twinkle in the eye of Buckley when he was asked about Lynch on Footy Classified this week.

It's made me convinced that either Lynch has indicated he will choose the pies or Buckley was hiding the fact our real target is May.

Let's see if I have a future as a body language expert.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: