Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Tigers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can get some sort of defence going and with the imminent return of some very good players I think we can win it.

To lose Howe early, our best interceptor is just so bloody unlucky. Credit to the tigers early, there were some absolute shanks but because they were in front, they managed to be in the right place. After today I couldn't believe how lucky they are with the game and there ability to play basically the same 22 each week.

Grundy, what a star. Finally I have belief we are a real contender. Elliot hopefully back next week , Goldy not far away from resuming. Fasolo possibly, Jordan in a couple. Can't wait.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:11 pm

stui magpie wrote:

I wouldn't be throwing the hands up yet, but it is bloody difficult.

We have our backs to the wall but unfortunately it seems that wall has a number of glory holes in it.

A mate just texted me and reminded me of what the Doggies were able to pull off through mainly sheer G and D, but at the moment, I feel too gutted to
raise any hope.
The boys have fought so hard all season long and still, we can't win a trick. I just want them to enjoy the last few games - they deserve it. Have fun. They can also practice a few moves and plays for next year, when we will have a fully fit team with all of them eager to go..... except Schazza. Crying or Very sad
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:12 pm

E wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Deja Vu wrote:
How many times do their defenders illegally hold and impede.

FFS Howe got pushed straight into Moore and concussed. No free kick

I very much noticed that. It was a despicable.

it seems defenders are allowed to hang of Cox's arms again......

This.
They grab his arm every time when he went for the ball.
It is pathetic how he is treated by the umps.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:17 pm

Ins: Elliott, De Goey, Treloar, Aish, Goldsack

Outs: Murray, Brown, Mayne, Scharenberg Daicos

Richmond got the benefit of the umpiring with Cox frequently mauled and illegally blocked in marking contests.

The Scharenberg injury may be a footy tragedy if it is an ACL, but his misfortune may open the door for Goldy's remarkable comeback.

Elliott, De Goey, Treloar and Aish bring speed and polish to the team which would have been pivotal today.

Our effort this year has been epic and it would be wonderful to play Richmond with us have a nearly best team out there.

Floret Pica

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:20 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Sensational effort today. Honestly we couldn't have given any more, considering our injuries on the day. We showed we could match it with them, but like last time, we ran out of legs in the last quarter. Hats off to our leaders, in Pendles, Sidey, Adams and Grundy, who was a monster for us all day.

Tragic to lose Shaz again. I said he was finished after his last knee reco and he made a fool of me. This time..... Crying or Very sad

Makes it important to hopefully get Goldy back now. Otherwise, we may have to give Magden a try.

If we can get Treloar, De Goey, Elliott and Aish back in our side, we will be a significantly better team. Today, I'm disappointed with the result, but proud as ever in our team who fought valiantly all day.

Goldy is not far off, trust me! Another big out is also ahead of schedule

These guys are desperate to get back

Im lovin this

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:20 pm

warburton lad wrote:
Ins: Elliott, De Goey, Treloar, Aish, Goldsack

Outs: Murray, Brown, Mayne, Scharenberg Daicos

Richmond got the benefit of the umpiring with Cox frequently mauled and illegally blocked in marking contests.

The Scharenberg injury may be a footy tragedy if it is an ACL, but his misfortune may open the door for Goldy's remarkable comeback.

Elliott, De Goey, Treloar and Aish bring speed and polish to the team which would have been pivotal today.

Our effort this year has been epic and it would be wonderful to play Richmond with us have a nearly best team out there.

Floret Pica

That would be nice, but elliot is the only one of those available in the short term and he needs game time in the VFL to get match fit.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:21 pm

Some thoughts from Gavin Crosisca:

@CollingwoodFC this group reminds me of 1988-89 when Leigh Mathews played all of us young guys. Couple of finals in 89 then the big one 1990.
Bucks has had to play youngsters due to injury but the same thing is happening. Pg 1

@CollingwoodFC The experience (no matter what happens the rest of the year) and game time the younger players are receiving at the moment will only benefit the group. Really excited for the club. Pg 2

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:29 pm

It was a courageous effort given the circumstances but just like last time the inevitable came in the last quarter.

Still it was an improved performance over that game which saw us lose by 43pts with 13 less scoring shots.

As much as our performance today was full of merit our side today can and still needs to be improved in coming weeks.

If we were to face Richmond again in September I'd be hoping for the following changes.

Out:Mayne
In:Aish

Out:Varcoe
In:Elliott

Out:Brown
In:de Goey

Out:Daicos
In:Fasolo

Out:Greenwood
In: Sier (Treloar)

Out:Scharenberg
In:Magden (Reid, Goldsack)

John LEWIN 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:29 pm

While the feeling must be first and foremost for Scharenberg, the Club and coaches must be beside themselves with the cruel twists of fate this group has had to endure for so long. With a fully fit list (like Richmond) they would be a serious contender this year. De Goey, Dunn, Treloar, Elliot in, with Howe Scharenberg and Mihocheck firing I would put my money on the Pies.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:31 pm

We may be over "hounourable" losses, but this was one, outplaying the Tigers for significant portions of the game. With our outs, followed by losing two players in the game, we were never likely to run the game out so the final quarter wasn't a surprise.

I've little doubt we are a match for Richmond with close to our best on the park. The only area they may be stronger is defence. Even without De Goey they had no real answer for our forward line other than stopping our mids getting it there and our midfield at full strength is better than theirs.

Unfortunately, we may not get close enough to full strength this year. Whether we do or not, we've shown enough determination to say that no one we play is going to have it easy. Full of admiration for the way our players have gone about it this year.

Of course, in the end the result was almost meaningless next to the loss of Scharenberg. Hoping for some long overdue good news.

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:34 pm

The game pretty much went exactly like the game earlier in the season. We lose two players to injury, stick with them for 3 qtrs then get run over in the last when we run out of gas because of 2 rotations. All except the margin was 15 points better but still the same story. I was happy with the effort but we just don't have the bodies out there right now to match it with them. Too many of our best 22 missing, but I would say we are only a De Goey away from matching them and a Treloar away from eclipsing them. This year may not be our time, but we have a list going places. Get a fair run of it and we will be a serious contender. Loving Big Coxy's work right now, just wish the umps would give him a fair go. He gets man handled at every contest and gets nothing, merely swats Rance who flops and the pricks ping him...wtf...umpiring is just a mess these days.

MONCO: Your life.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:46 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
We may be over "hounourable" losses, but this was one, outplaying the Tigers for significant portions of the game. With our outs, followed by losing two players in the game, we were never likely to run the game out so the final quarter wasn't a surprise.

I've little doubt we are a match for Richmond with close to our best on the park. The only area they may be stronger is defence. Even without De Goey they had no real answer for our forward line other than stopping our mids getting it there and our midfield at full strength is better than theirs.

Unfortunately, we may not get close enough to full strength this year. Whether we do or not, we've shown enough determination to say that no one we play is going to have it easy. Full of admiration for the way our players have gone about it this year.

Of course, in the end the result was almost meaningless next to the loss of Scharenberg. Hoping for some long overdue good news.

this. Thanks Inkling. Sums it up for me. With our best, we are at least as good. Even without JDG, had we not lost two defenders this afternoon, the result could well have been different. I am stoked with how we played this game as well. The courage, ferocity in the contest, the skill levels, were elite. You just cannot overcome the disadvantage of two rotations down at this level of sport. We are at the top level, even with 8 of our top 22 out. I am just amazed, and full of respect for what our team and coaches have achieved.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:00 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
Well,we know Richmond can beat our B grade side,but can they beat our A grade side?

Tell me more about this mythical, fully-fit Collingwood A team.

God hates us and we'll never get our best team out onto the park.

Great effort today by the boys. Proud as.

Oh, fvck me running; that was the laugh I needed after the 25 players Bitchmond fielded today.
And I got the four quarters of effort I asked from 21 players, with two defenders injured [as usual], fvcking up our rotations.
The missing one from that 22 was Varcoe, as usual, running around bludging and having no influence on the game whatsoever.

SwansWay wrote:
I can only hope somebody decks Rance. Please, pretty please!! How's that free they paid against Cox late in the game when Rance was all over him. Bizarre!!!

I actually fell off the couch yelling at TV [and I quote me] "Oh, fvck me fvcking dead..." at the top of my voice.

Magpietothemax wrote:
Overall, thought Richmond got the better deal from the umpires today.

If "overall" means having thirty seconds to dispose of the ball in a tackle with two 360 degree rotations in the action, then yes, they did well compared to the full three seconds we were allowed.

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Great effort given the circumstances, some very, very questionable decisions from the umps led to at least three Richmond goals.

From the opening couple of minutes I thought, yes this is what we will be up against today from Maggetts and the other two dogs. What's the bet an injurie or two will follow. Christ; I wasn't surprised.

PyreneesPie wrote:
Deja Vu wrote:
How many times do their defenders illegally hold and impede.

FFS Howe got pushed straight into Moore and concussed. No free kick

I very much noticed that. It was a despicable.

Indeed; those three whistling arse clowns were indeed despicable today.
Arguably the worst umpired match we've seen all season.

ROB 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:01 pm

I will put my hand up and say I was wrong about Mayne - he has been very good this year - he has saved us goals on a number of occasions due to his experience and read of play - I would not be dropping him. Selection will be difficult if a number of players are fit again - Fasolo is not in my best 22 - we have better at the moment.

Umpiring was atrocious again today - no ifs or buts - they got some crucial dubious frees that turned the momentum of play a few times and we got ripped on ones that were missed our way.

The 'throw' was a throw. The ball propelled up from the hand contact and was then kicked on the rise - a kick occurs legally when the ball is on same plane as a foot kicking (which may occur when a player is off his feet kicking) or with the ball dropping towards the foot. The umps got it wrong.

We were bloody gallant considering the experience and physique of some of our players vs them scumbags..

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:18 pm

I'm seriously gutted by this game. We are good enough but having 3 injuries again is shocking. (Checkers couldn't run after half time) is shocking.

Cox was man-handled and I rarely blame the umps but today was a shokcer. Inconsistent as Stui notd earlier, opposite calls from 2 different umps, let alone "the rub of the green". Simply disgraceful.

Grundy has matured so much. I've been on his back because he usd to tap to disadvntage that is direct to the opposition that at times resulted in goals. Today he was outstanding. It would be good if he could get on the scoreboard a bit more.

I'm exhausted. That friggin last quarter. Lack of players to rotate.

I should have poured boiling jasmine tea over Reiwolt in the local Vietnamese last night.

I would love to punch out Townsend & Cothcin.

Still friggin angry.

We do have their measure though. Well done boys.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11   

Jump to: