Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Tigers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate Rance both as a staging footballer and as an unfunny TV personality!
E 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:14 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Deja Vu wrote:
How many times do their defenders illegally hold and impede.

FFS Howe got pushed straight into Moore and concussed. No free kick

I very much noticed that. It was a despicable.

it seems defenders are allowed to hang of Cox's arms again......

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:18 pm

Well,we know Richmond can beat our B grade side,but can they beat our A grade side?That's the question.I reckon Treloar,Elliott and DeGoey would cost us 6 goals at least,and that doesn't even include the two quality players we lost during the game.Losing Howe so early in the game was a killer blow to us.I'm surprised we hung on so well for so long,to be honest.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:19 pm

...and Howe was already dominating the air up until that point.

So flat.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:33 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Well,we know Richmond can beat our B grade side,but can they beat our A grade side?That's the question.I reckon Treloar,Elliott and DeGoey would cost us 6 goals at least,and that doesn't even include the two quality players we lost during the game.

Well said Doris.
As others have mentioned also, I get the feeling we're in reach of Richmond.

We can only hope that we get the three players you mention back for the finals, plus Jeremy Howe. Sadly, the news is looking very bleak for my boy. Crying or Very sad
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:35 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Well,we know Richmond can beat our B grade side,but can they beat our A grade side?

Tell me more about this mythical, fully-fit Collingwood A team.
Does it train at Loch Ness with the Yeti at CHF?
God hates us and we'll never get our best team out onto the park.

Great effort today by the boys. Proud as.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:43 pm

Well, that was gut wrenching. To play so well, with about 5 of your best 18 in the stands, and losing another two during the game, proves we are a bloody good side, and deserve to be top 4.

Also, how many times to Pendles & Sidey go at about 20% efficiency by foot?

And with all that, it still took then until the last to put us away. Three quick goals at the start of the last quarter, and that was it.

Hard to be critical really, they gave their all for the entire game.

I said at the start of the season that Grundy was our most important player. Time to put a 6-8 year deal in front of him right now. This bloke could end up being one of our best players ever - he will be a superstar.

I just hope we have enough fit players to see out the rest of the season. Its all very well getting the likes of De Goey, Elliott etc back, but when you keep losing others to long term injuries, it pretty much cancels it out.

This was a game we were always likely to lose, Next week's game is the one we have to win. Sydney are on their knees. We must win this game. If we do, I cant see us missing top 4.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:43 pm

Scrappy but gutsy effort. I think our best 22 can take them but we can't get them on the park.

I hate inconsistent umpiring. If they'd stick with a clear interpretation and apply it consistently it would be fine, but they don't. It varies between different umpires on game day and from week to week.

What the Tigers were allowed to do to Cox and get away with was a disgrace. He was tunnelled under the ball repeatedly, was basically tackled and scragged while the ball was 3o metres away, had his arms held and chopped. FMD, if 3 Richmond players held him down while Rance anally raped him, Rance would get the free kick for Cox trying to throw him off. Evil or Very Mad

Good to see our game style change after the first 20 minutes to more kicking less handball but we still fell into over using the ball around stoppages too many times. We were missing line breakers hanging off the stoppages without treloar and de goey.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:46 pm

Grundy was BOG by a Mile Today. He is the Best Ruck in the AFL
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:54 pm

Sensational effort today. Honestly we couldn't have given any more, considering our injuries on the day. We showed we could match it with them, but like last time, we ran out of legs in the last quarter. Hats off to our leaders, in Pendles, Sidey, Adams and Grundy, who was a monster for us all day.

Tragic to lose Shaz again. I said he was finished after his last knee reco and he made a fool of me. This time..... Crying or Very sad

Makes it important to hopefully get Goldy back now. Otherwise, we may have to give Magden a try.

If we can get Treloar, De Goey, Elliott and Aish back in our side, we will be a significantly better team. Today, I'm disappointed with the result, but proud as ever in our team who fought valiantly all day.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:56 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:

Yep, stuff it. If I was coaching the boys (and yes, thank the heavens I'm not), I'd be saying to them "Don't bust your guts fellas. Don't break your hearts, bones and ligaments. Just go out there and enjoy playing the game.
The footy gods have decided we will have no chance. So go out there and have a good time. Enjoy showing off your skills, take screamers, kick goals out of your a&se, burn off the opposition with your pace. Each of you can enjoy playing to your strengths and stuff any notion of following a game plan . Just enjoy".

Okay, I may have just gone over the edge of sanity with what has just happened with Schazza, but honestly, what's the point of trying to swim against the tide? Catch a bloody big wave I say and enjoy riding the bugar to the beach.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:58 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Grundy was BOG by a Mile Today. He is the Best Ruck in the AFL

Simply magnificent - a leviathan.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:02 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
thesoretoothsayer wrote:

Yep, stuff it. If I was coaching the boys (and yes, thank the heavens I'm not), I'd be saying to them "Don't bust your guts fellas. Don't break your hearts, bones and ligaments. Just go out there and enjoy playing the game.
The footy gods have decided we will have no chance. So go out there and have a good time. Enjoy showing off your skills, take screamers, kick goals out of your a&se, burn off the opposition with your pace. Each of you can enjoy playing to your strengths and stuff any notion of following a game plan . Just enjoy".

Okay, I may have just gone over the edge of sanity with what has just happened with Schazza, but honestly, what's the point of trying to swim against the tide? Catch a bloody big wave I say and enjoy riding the bugar to the beach.

I wouldn't be throwing the hands up yet, but it is bloody difficult.

We have our backs to the wall but unfortunately it seems that wall has a number of glory holes in it.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:03 pm

Collingwood 12.5.77
Richmond 16.9.105

Goals: JT 4, H-E 3, Cox 2, Mihocek, Brown, Daics 1

Tackles: Grundy 10, Langdon, Pendles, Adams 7, Maynerd 6.

D/E: (15 disposals min.) Crisp 82.6%, Langdon 81.8, JT 81.3,

Disposals: Sidey 38, Pendles 36, Phillips 32, Adams 30, Grundy, Crisp 23, Langdon 21, Brown 19, Maynard, Murray 18, Levi, JT, Murray 16, Daics 15

AF Points: Grundy 147, Pendles 123, Sidey 120, Phillips 113, Adams 98

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:03 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
\

Makes it important to hopefully get Goldy back now. Otherwise, we may have to give Magden a try.

Pretty damn ironic that the club just elevated him to the senior list. Was it an omen? Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11   

Jump to: