Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Immigration in South Korea

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:32 pm
Post subject: Immigration in South KoreaReply with quote

<Split from Sudanese crime in Melbourne thread>

They aren't about to roll over in South Korea....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp_LA2qE4aM

The world is slowly, but surely waking up to this plague devouring it.... I hope!

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Skids wrote:

The world is slowly, but surely waking up to this plague devouring it.... I hope!

Are you sure you want to blindly use that example? When you do things like this, it's clear you're grabbing at internet nonsense without due caution.

If I get time, I will offer my view as to why South Korea needs cultural diversification with haste to help break down moribund, constraining, destructive ideas that have led to the premature flattening of its growth.

Such constraining ideas are a millstone around the neck of any socioeconomy, but they're even more destructive in economies exposed to serious competition and pressure to adapt; you've just never had to face their downsides because Australia has had a longstanding — and highly-successful — openness. Naive to these effects, your equation consists of hysterical news articles about a small fraction of a small fraction of the entirety of national life, replayed incessantly until you have lost all sense of proportion.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:44 am

pietillidie wrote:
Skids wrote:

Are you sure you want to blindly use that example? When you do things like this, it's clear you're grabbing at internet nonsense without due caution.

If I get time, I will offer my view as to why South Korea needs cultural diversification with haste to help break down moribund, constraining, destructive ideas that have led to the premature flattening of its growth.

Such constraining ideas are a millstone around the neck of any socioeconomy, but they're even more destructive in economies exposed to serious competition and pressure to adapt; you've just never had to face their downsides because Australia has had a longstanding — and highly-successful — openness. Naive to these effects, your equation consists of hysterical news articles about a small fraction of a small fraction of the entirety of national life, replayed incessantly until you have lost all sense of proportion.

Assuming you can call when South Korea’s growth would have stalled naturally, rather than “prematurely”, is “growth” all that matters ? Why, in the modern world, is maximizing growth taken to be the ne plus ultra of cultural life, whatever the externalities of growth (overcrowded cities, excessive house prices, stretched public services, low-wage pressures, cultural conflct, et al ) ?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:26 am

Although you both raise interesting points, you each seem to have gone straight to the periphery. Why, since 1945, is it OK to write on here about black Africans as a "plague devouring" the "world"? I am actually embarrassed and ashamed that such rubbish is permitted to remain on Nick's. The Mods may as well let people use the "n" word, except that the "n" word is probably not (quite) as offensive as that post. Calling people from anywhere a "plague devouring" the "world" isn't a view. It isn't an opinion. It is just prejudice.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:47 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Although you both raise interesting points, you each seem to have gone straight to the periphery. Why, since 1945, is it OK to write on here about black Africans as a "plague devouring" the "world"? I am actually embarrassed and ashamed that such rubbish is permitted to remain on Nick's. The Mods may as well let people use the "n" word, except that the "n" word is probably not (quite) as offensive as that post. Calling people from anywhere a "plague devouring" the "world" isn't a view. It isn't an opinion. It is just prejudice.

I had to go back and find that because, well just wow! But there it was. I’ve been guilty of the Sudanese gang comments here, but I see your point. They are gangs who just happen to be Sudanese. We used to have gangs who happened to be Vietnamese a few years back. I guess because they are different they stand out. There does seem to be figures showing a bigger percentage according to the news right now, or did I just read that into it? The new association laws they were talking about. Hmmmm . You got me thinking. Cheers

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:50 am

think positive wrote:
[quote="Pies4shaw"]Although you both raise interesting points, you each seem to have gone straight to the periphery. Why, since 1945, is it OK to write on here about black Africans as a "plague devouring" the "world"? I am actually embarrassed and ashamed that such rubbish is permitted to remain on Nick's. The Mods may as well let people use the "n" word, except that the "n" word is probably not (quite) as offensive as that post. Calling people from anywhere a "plague devouring" the "world" isn't a view. It isn't an opinion. It is just prejudice.[/quote]

I had to go back and find that because, well just wow! But there it was. I’ve been guilty of the Sudanese gang comments here, but I see your point. They are gangs who just happen to be Sudanese. We used to have gangs who happened to be Vietnamese a few years back. I guess because they are different they stand out. There does seem to be figures showing a bigger percentage according to the news right now, or did I just read that into it? The new association laws they were talking about. Hmmmm . You got me thinking. Cheers
How long ago was that?
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:10 am

Pies4shaw wrote:

I didn’t read it as being about black Africans, partly because the people referenced in the article about Korea were not black, but Yemenis (and thus quite possibly genuine refugees). I assume that the “plague” Skids refers to is illegal migration, which is certainly a massive problem, whatever word one wishes to apply to it. It has fuelled the rise of Trump, Brexit, the recovery of far right politics in Germany and populist governments in Italy, Hungary and Poland inter alia. Enabled by a too-liberal interpretation of the concept of asylum, migration is pushing us back to an age a dangerous nationalism. “Plague” is a strong word where large numbers of alien people are concerned, but I presumed it was the common colloquial usage about the issue, rather than a literal one about the people.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:29 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

I have to admit I didn’t click on that link, presuming it was just more right-wing propaganda. Is that what Skids was referring to? If so, I agree that that is unacceptable.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:45 am

I was talking about a religion, not a race.

You (p4s) just stay tucked up nice 'n cosy in your little elitist world.... hopefully the majority of people, who live in the real world, you know, where our pensioners can't afford to pay their power Bill's & our homeless seek shelter under bridges.... put enough pressure on our piss week government to ; stop giving foreign aid to countries with billions of dollars spent on their military (eg Indonesia) & stop mass illegal immigrants, who, have no intention of assimilating.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:17 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

I didn’t read it as being about black Africans, partly because the people referenced in the article about Korea were not black, but Yemenis (and thus quite possibly genuine refugees). I assume that the “plague” Skids refers to is illegal migration, which is certainly a massive problem, whatever word one wishes to apply to it. It has fuelled the rise of Trump, Brexit, the recovery of far right politics in Germany and populist governments in Italy, Hungary and Poland inter alia. Enabled by a too-liberal interpretation of the concept of asylum, migration is pushing us back to an age a dangerous nationalism. “Plague” is a strong word where large numbers of alien people are concerned, but I presumed it was the common colloquial usage about the issue, rather than a literal one about the people.

The oracle has subsequently clarified his position - it seems that he was describing Islam - and not just black Africans - as a plague devouring the world. So, it seems - if I understand his logic - that the reason for adding some vilification of Yemenis to a thread about vilifying Sudanese people is that they're each only a part of his wider plague devouring the world. I'm glad we've cleared that up. Shocked Confused Rolling Eyes
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:39 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

The oracle has subsequently clarified his position - it seems that he was describing Islam - and not just black Africans - as a plague devouring the world. So, it seems - if I understand his logic - that the reason for adding some vilification of Yemenis to a thread about vilifying Sudanese people is that they're each only a part of his wider plague devouring the world. I'm glad we've cleared that up. Shocked Confused Rolling Eyes

If you had of watched even the first 30 seconds of the video he linked to, instead of making the rookie mistake of jumping at the headline, that would have been clear.

The video opens up with the statement that 500,000 people have signed a petition rejecting Muslim immigration into their country. Who are these white trash? Sth Korea.

Interestingly, the majority religion in Sth Sudan appears to be Christian, whereas it's Islam in Sudan. The tall African women bowling around Heidelberg in their batman suits are mostly somalian muslims, who seem to take a less rigorous approach that the Arab world, most of the women I see just cover the head not the face, and usually with a colourful scarf, not the drab black.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:43 pm

I never call people from a plague devouring the world isn't a view, that would be impolite.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:03 pm

It still does raise the question of why it was posted in this thread. Or is this just one of those “they’re all the same” things?

I sometimes think this is basically how Skids and people of his ilk see the world:

https://m.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/steve-bannon-camp-of-the-saints-immigration_us_58b75206e4b0284854b3dc03

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:14 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

If you had of watched even the first 30 seconds of the video he linked to, instead of making the rookie mistake of jumping at the headline, that would have been clear.

The video opens up with the statement that 500,000 people have signed a petition rejecting Muslim immigration into their country. Who are these white trash? Sth Korea.

Interestingly, the majority religion in Sth Sudan appears to be Christian, whereas it's Islam in Sudan. The tall African women bowling around Heidelberg in their batman suits are mostly somalian muslims, who seem to take a less rigorous approach that the Arab world, most of the women I see just cover the head not the face, and usually with a colourful scarf, not the drab black.

Rookie mistake? Hardly. Have a read of Skids’ 2 posts again and tell me why his views aren’t simply prejudiced views unacceptable in a civilised discussion. I’d ask him - but I fully accept that he’s incapable of giving a reasoned response.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:31 pm

^ Well, that book sounds like it comes from the National Socialists’ “book of the week” offer, but since Skids has never mentioned it, and he writes about things that have actually happened rather than grotesque fantasies, and he’s explained that the “plague” he was referring to was Islam, is it really fair to imply that he holds views like those of this book ?

It is possible to love one’s own culture, and to dislike mass, unmanaged immigration without endorsing the KkK. Best to let people’s actual words define their views, rather than put books in their mouth.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5   

Jump to: