Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Treloar, Elliot, Aish and Moore

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:25 am
Post subject: Treloar, Elliot, Aish and MooreReply with quote

I know we bang on about our injuries a lot, but i would argue that these are the only 4 players that we are missing from our best 22 who have a shot at returning by finals (i'd be shocked if Treloar does).

Out of curiousity, let's say all four of these guys get back into the best 22 by finals - who would come out?

My crack at it might be - Daicos, Murray, Greenwood, Mayne? Maybe Sier? Maybe Varcoe? Surely not Mihocek?

Hard to see the other 15 guys being replaced by anyone at this point.

Howe, Scharenberg, Langdon, Crisp, Maynard
Pendles, Sidey, Grundy, Adams, Phillips
Cox, DeGoey, WHE, Stevo, JT

iIs a good problem and then chances of having a full list are about 1 million to 1.

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:17 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning Mr E.

I would add Goldsack to that mix- again, not sure if he will return, but he will go mighty close.

Treloar, Aish, Moore and Elliott will all work their way back in.

Unlikely that Sier will go out- he will get better week-by-week. This kid is a serious bull at the footy and allows some of our silk (like Daicos) to play more on the outside.

I cannot wait to see the balance of a forward line that includes Hoskin-Elliott, Stephenson, De Goey, Elliott and Cox with cameos from Sidebottom and Pendlebury.

Such a shame that X-factor Kirby is not in that group- I still have faith in him- that lad has some party-tricks all of his own and loves a goal.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:00 am

If those 4 were available tomorrow, my outs would be Mayne, Murray, Daicos and Greenwood. Pretty straightforward if you ask me.
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:54 am

Mayne won’t be dropped. Hes playing good footy and suits the style of play that has got us where we are.

Sier would probably go back to the seconds. Maybe greenwood but again he suits our current style.

I thought Murray was good yesterday.

It’ll be a tough match committee if we keep players fit.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:01 am

Mayne did some some seriously great work yesterday.
Does a lot of work off the ball.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:04 am

Treloar is a certainty if he is fit. No questions asked.

I am not sure whether you would bring in Elliot and mess with our current forward line.

Aish - maybe but who goes out?

Moore - may as well start him on the bench with the jacket on as that's where he'll end up anyway.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:24 am

As identified above the ones at risk would be Murray, Greenwood, Daicos, Mayne and possibly Varce if he doesn't lift.

Moore and Treloar would probably be certainties if match fit (big Q over Treloar re this given timing). Elliott, Aish, Brown and Blair are likely to be opportunity driven.

Match committee has shown this year that they are reluctant to make unforced changes to a winning team and they will generally back in the soldiers getting the job done.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:43 pm

Have a feeling that Elliott and Moore may be the only ones considered unless there are injuries. Treloar back would be miraculous but also possibly career-threatening.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:43 pm

Elliott is on report for an attempted smother, whatever the F that means.
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:48 pm

I was just going to make a post about this:

I'd actually say Treloar is the one no doubt in if he's healthy. I'd say Elliot is pretty close and the op is forgetting Fasolo and Reid.

I'm assuming Wells and Goldsack are both done, regardless of the rumour mills / club spin.

I'd say one of Moore and Reid has to come back. Scharenberg has a spot in our 22, but he should *never* again be asked to stand a key forward. NEVER. He is probably the worst one on one defender in the entire comp, and basically an automatic shot on goal conceded if put in that situation. I lean towards Moore at the moment. The other alternative is one goes back, one goes forward, but I wouldn't do that, unless Cox is injured.

I think Elliot should come back. I'd say this would give JDG more time to play in the midfield, where I think he's at his best. He's a mid who goes forward, not a full time forward. I don't want to see Elliot and Fasolo playing together, that combo has never really worked, they're just too similar to each other.

So the question is who goes out:

Greenwood - To me, he should never get a game unless he's used as a tagger, which, for whatever reason, doesn't seem to happen much. He doesn't get much of the ball and he generally doesn't use it well. He's basically a very poor man's Taylor Adams.

Varcoe - Basically another low possession guy who doesn't use it very well. Right now, he's a guy with decent speed and defensive pressure who doesn't do much. Isn't this Jarryd Blair?

Daicos - certainly won't get dropped on yesterday's form, but can he keep doing that? Another low possession guy, but at least he uses it pretty well even if it is only over a shortish distance.

Sier - Only mentioning him on the "last man in / first out" theory, but I like him a lot and I think he's cemented a spot even if Treloar comes back. Big body, tackles well, uses it reasonably well although, again, he doesn't get much of it. I don't see a future star here, but he can be a good long term player.

Murray - I agree with AN Inkling here. He should stay in. I'd definitely play him over Appleby and Greenwood in the back 6. Yeah, he's frustrating, but his run and carry is needed in this team.

Mayne - I'm just about done with him. How many times yesterday did he get the ball in space and start running backwards? He slows our ball movement down whenever he touches it. I'd bring in Aish for him. Aish doesn't get it much, but something good normally happens when he does.

Mihocek - Hasn't quite locked up a best 22 spot yet, but he's close. Something good always happens when he gets the ball. I just wish he got it more than about 8 times a game. Still, he can take a mark and is a great kick and isn't too slow, so I'd play him over Reid / Moore as the second tall.

I'd say our 22 should look as follows come Finals time:

B: Murray Moore Langdon
HB: Scharenberg Howe Crisp
M: Treloar Pendlebury Phillips
HF: De Goey Mihocek Stephenson
F: Hoskin Elliot Cox Elliot
R: Grundy Sidebottom Adams
INT: Maynard Sier Aish Daicos

Edit: Left out Josh Thomas. He can replace Aish.

Last edited by Duff Soviet Union on Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:44 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Elliott is on report for an attempted smother, whatever the F that means.

From a VFL reporter:

Jamie Elliott was reported for striking in today’s VFL clash. Kobe Mutch came off in the last quarter with a cut on his face following the incident. Not sure there was enough in it to warrant time on the sideline. #PJVFL

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:03 pm

Two I would get back from those

Treloar for his ability to break lines and kick the X factor goal

Aish (who was amongst the top ten in Sharenburg draft ) for his elite use of the ball

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:04 pm

Aish for Mayne

Elliot for Varcoe

Moore for Daicos?

Treloar for ?

Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:07 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Aish for Mayne

Elliot for Varcoe

Moore for Daicos?

Treloar for ?

Unless we're playing Geelong, Greenwood.
The Average Tourist 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:22 pm

Interesting topic
Darcy and Billy are both straight in

And depending on who we play (weagles or port) Reid who must play back

Whilst Aishy provides something but he is probably pushing only Daics

Also interesting given that Murray and Appleby seem to be both after the same spot
Bucks has stated Appleby is really strong 1 on 1 but Murray does provide more run and carry that does break the line

Greenwood I believe is a lock because he is a tough and hard bastard and I am not sure who else is maybe Brody number 2 he does not take any BS and he has good size

But who does go out for Billy it is either Varcoe or Daics

Moore I think comes in and I have no idea who goes out but it might be a 6 man tall rotation where 1 is rested like Shaz, Langers, Howe, Crisp and Maynard
Or maybe Maynard goes to the wing and and Mayne goes out

I do hope we get a couple of games into McLarty before finals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: