Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Tigers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pipes1970 wrote:
At some point it all has to come to an end for the tigers.

I understand that I am biased, but watching them I just don't get why they are so dominant.

With the exception of Dusty and Rance who would be a walk up start in other team?

If you compare line by line we stack up very well against them even with our injuries.

I bet that behind closed doors it is us that they fear.

Admittedly the ball seems to be bouncing their way at the moment but I for one don't think they are unbeatable by any stretch.

IMHO the Tigers r not a patch of the great flag sides of recent yrs, like the hawks and cats, they were more dominant. Tigers are lucky too, there is no really outstanding team to challenge them, aside from eagles, maybe us, both the crows and swans are nearly buggered. No one to take it up to the tigers, but, things can change fast, their dream injury run must end, sooner rather than later, bigger they are, harder they fall. Id like to see eim without dusty, rance and cotchin, as I don't reckon their depth is anywhere as good as ours is. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:54 pm

^ Yup. There will always be Windows of Mediocrity from time to time. Now is one of them. The influence of injuries is a bit disturbing, though. Do we really want the premiership overwhelmingly determined by that? If Richmond had the injury list of Adelaide, GWS or Sydney, they would be struggling to make the eight right now. The problem is that the clubs' playing lists are smaller and poorer in quality (with the talent diluted across more teams), and meanwhile the physicality is higher with resulting greater injuries.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:58 pm

This time we'll line up without Dunn, Reid, Treloar, Brown, Aish, Blair, Appleby.
Can't make the mistake of playing 3 quarters this time although we won't be coming off a 4 day break.
Our bottom 6 against their bottom 6 will be decisive. I reckon we've got the edge here.
My preferred line-up.

B: Langdon, Moore, Maynard
HB: Crisp, Howe, Scharenberg
C: Sidebottom, Pendlebury, Phillips
HF: JDG, Mihocek, WHE
F: Stephenson, Cox, Elliott
R: Grundy, Thomas, Adams

Int: Mayne, Sier, Greenwood, Varcoe

Out : Daicos, Murray
In : Elliott, Moore

Key match-ups :
Mids - Adams and Cotchin. Elliott coming into the forward line would allow Thomas to be released further up the ground along with Sidey to match up against Prestia and Ellis. Greenwood can rotate onto Dusty if he starts to cut us up.
Backs - Moore and Howe onto Jack, Shaz first crack at Caddy.
Fwds - Good luck keeping our forward six in check.

Going to be an absolute corker. Pies by 4 goals.

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:59 pm

K wrote:
^ Yup. There will always be Windows of Mediocrity from time to time. Now is one of them. The influence of injuries is a bit disturbing, though. Do we really want the premiership overwhelmingly determined by that? If Richmond had the injury list of Adelaide, GWS or Sydney, they would be struggling to make the eight right now.

AND our Pies too, and the doggies, decimated by injuries, but, the bloody Tigger Train rolls on, and on, and on, and on, now I see they have nearly 100 000 members, way more than us and others. Hmmm.... now I wonder how many of their new members put their membership cards in microwave ovens a few years ago. Question Razz

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:59 pm

[quote="K"]^ Yup. There will always be Windows of Mediocrity from time to time. Now is one of them. The influence of injuries is a bit disturbing, though. Do we really want the premiership overwhelmingly determined by that? If Richmond had the injury list of Adelaide, GWS or Sydney, they would be struggling to make the eight right now.[dp

Last edited by Piesnchess on Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:00 pm

[quote="K"]^ Yup. There will always be Windows of Mediocrity from time to time. Now is one of them. The influence of injuries is a bit disturbing, though. Do we really want the premiership overwhelmingly determined by that? If Richmond had the injury list of Adelaide, GWS or Sydney, they would be struggling to make the eight right now.[/

dp

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:38 pm

Let's not forget that when we lost to the Tigers early in the season, we were coming off a ridiculous 4 day break, and simply ran out of legs in the last quarter. This time we will win easily.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:58 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Let's not forget that when we lost to the Tigers early in the season, we were coming off a ridiculous 4 day break, and simply ran out of legs in the last quarter. This time we will win easily.

I like your confidence but I’d like a drug test. Too many marathon dim sims can catch up with you.

Were you at the same cafe in Firzroy Street as Josh Thomas when the barista misheard his cocoa order?

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:10 pm

A bit of a cop out that, they played the night before and only had half a day more rest. I don't think it was too significant in the grand scheme of things. We're playing much better now but are probably 2 or 3 players down on matching it with them.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:16 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Not only that! we were 2-3 players down. Maynard did his ankle and Aish di his knee and from memory someone else was lame. Unfortunately this time round we wont haveTreloar who played a great game and a small defender like Appleby.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:18 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Apart from the obvious responses how do we beat Richmond this week?

Obvious reposnses include: (Kick a higher score than Richmond by the time the final siren sounds).

Its a good start, but the game starts and ends at the contested possession count for mine, must nut them and nut them good Sir!

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:19 pm

K wrote:
buzzlightyear wrote:
Of course it matters only in September (we lost twice to EFC during the regular season in 1990 dare I bring up ancient history).

Well, one of those was by just a kick.

..and coming home like a steam train!

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:40 pm

watt price tully wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

I like your confidence but I’d like a drug test. Too many marathon dim sims can catch up with you.

Were you at the same cafe in Firzroy Street as Josh Thomas when the barista misheard his cocoa order?

Brilliant!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
tbaker 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:56 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
A bit of a cop out that, they played the night before and only had half a day more rest. I don't think it was too significant in the grand scheme of things. We're playing much better now but are probably 2 or 3 players down on matching it with them.

Agree that it's a bit of a cop out, but believe it's more significant than you make out: they had 20 (not 12) hours of extra rest time, and that is gold when we're talking just a few days rest between games (ie. a 5-day vs 4-day rest differential is way more significant than a 7-day vs 6-day rest differential). And the manner in which we lost the game (tiredness in the end) showed that the short break did take it's toll. Having said that, they may have beaten us anyway if we each had the usual 6-7 day rest, but I have no doubt it would've been far closer.
This time I think we're a shot, but it would be hard to predict a win. Need to match them as best we can to give us confidence for another hopeful crack in September.

K 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:58 pm

Mossi wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Let's not forget that when we lost to the Tigers early in the season, we were coming off a ridiculous 4 day break, and simply ran out of legs in the last quarter. ...

Not only that! we were 2-3 players down. Maynard did his ankle and Aish di[d] his knee and from memory someone else was lame. ....

Reid, was it, sometime around the 4th quarter?

I'm curious to know how the two sides have changed personnel-wise since then.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 6 of 19   

Jump to: