Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Tigers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ev5Magpies Virgo

Ev5Magpies

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:17 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Beanie wrote:
Tigers have the ability to play for a full 4 quarters.
If a team slacks off for any time during the game, they are able to take control.
And self belief has played a big part in their season together with a small injury list.

GWS beat them by hard running and pressure for the full game.

I reckon they have a lot of Collingwood 2011 about them. Front runners for the season, belting all-comers (bar Geelong) & falling at the last hurdle.

Here's hoping anyway!

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:19 am

MightyMagpie wrote:
Sidney is good to go. No jaw fracture.

There was suggestion on Monday morning the in-form midfielder would be in danger of missing up to a month if he was diagnosed with a crack in his jaw that required surgery.

However, the club confirmed to AFL.com.au he had been cleared of any fracture and was expected to take his place in the team this week to face the Tigers.

Meanwhile, defender Darcy Moore is also confident he'll be fit to face the Tigers despite being a late withdrawal on Saturday with hamstring tightness.

"It was just in the warm up when I was striding," Moore told Channel 7 on Sunday.

"I'm pretty confident [it's tightness], because it was so early and I was just warming up so I'm pretty sure I'll be fine.

"It's frustrating but it's part of the game for me and it is what it is."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-23/not-sidelined-magpie-clear-after-head-clash

Skids Cancer

Last edited by Skids on Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Skids Cancer

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:59 am

swoop42 wrote:
With the performance of our side this season two things have largely been forgotten.

1. How so many of us at the start of year were looking forward to seeing what Kirby might have been able to add to our forward line.

2. How bloody good Elliott is.

Sadly the future of Kirby remains unclear but with only 5 rounds left in the H&A season the allure of selecting Elliott this week will be high.

Fasolo another forgotten talent seemingly out of favour but one who hasn't had a proper opportunity to see what he can deliver in this new improved Collingwood side.

Yes, and the reason we were looking to Kirby is because our forward stocks looked a little bare Shocked Not so now. We have one of the most varied forward groups in the comp.

In previous years missing Elliott and Fas would mean we'd struggle to kick goals. We haven't had them all year and are the 2nd highest scoring side in the comp. The turnaround has been dramatic.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:03 pm

Apart from the obvious responses how do we beat Richmond this week?

Obvious reposnses include: (Kick a higher score than Richmond by the time the final siren sounds).

mattdally 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:00 pm

Shut down their loose ball gets - they clear the stoppage and run better than any team.

We need to also drag Rance deep (possibly on Stevo / De Goey) as he can also be found out one on one - look at what Jenkins did to him early in the season.

They are not a good clearance team - we should have the upper hand there.
buzzlightyear 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:55 pm

Dark Beanie wrote:
Tigers have the ability to play for a full 4 quarters.
If a team slacks off for any time during the game, they are able to take control.
And self belief has played a big part in their season together with a small injury list.

GWS beat them by hard running and pressure for the full game.

Don't disagree, however GWS beat them in spurts (1QTR & 3rd QTR) whilst the rest of the game I thought was played on Richmond's terms. They also had a number of chances to win doing a 'Collingwood' in front of goal.

I just can't see us playing consistently good enough over 4 quarters to be competitive. North were rubbish on the weekend and we have consistently beaten up on the lower teams, but have not really been competitive enough against the best teams.

Of course it matters only in September (we lost twice to EFC during the regular season in 1990 dare I bring up ancient history).

buzzlightyear 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:03 pm

Cam wrote:
3rd isn't too bad, better to play the Eagles first up in Perth with a double chance and thus avoid them in a Prelim over there even if we lose.

This reminds me of the conversation in 2002 when we played then overwhelming favourite and first placed Port Adelaide in the QF final.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:18 pm

buzzlightyear wrote:
Cam wrote:
3rd isn't too bad, better to play the Eagles first up in Perth with a double chance and thus avoid them in a Prelim over there even if we lose.

This reminds me of the conversation in 2002 when we played then overwhelming favourite and first placed Port Adelaide in the QF final.

And what a win that was! No Buckley, Licuria n McKee playing out of their skins. Burgoyne Snr marked 12 metres out, I jumped up n tried to leave the room in anger, twisting as I hear him playing on and seeing Benny Johnson drag him down.

K 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:44 pm

buzzlightyear wrote:
Of course it matters only in September (we lost twice to EFC during the regular season in 1990 dare I bring up ancient history).

Well, one of those was by just a kick.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:44 pm

Having pulled out at the last minute, and with Daicos doing so well, added to the fact that the Tigers only have have one tall forward, I wouldn't be surprised if we select an unchanged line up this week, with Moore having to go back to the VFL. I reckon Howe can do a job on Riewoldt, as he did on Brown.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:58 pm

For those keen on getting an early taste of this Saturday's action, check out this 19 minute highlights reel from when Collingwood and Richmond last met in Rnd 6 in late April.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DwBn1i4HnQ
On the March 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:00 pm

This is our biggest game in a very very long time!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:33 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Having pulled out at the last minute, and with Daicos doing so well, added to the fact that the Tigers only have have one tall forward, I wouldn't be surprised if we select an unchanged line up this week, with Moore having to go back to the VFL. I reckon Howe can do a job on Riewoldt, as he did on Brown.

Disagree. If Moore is fit i reckon he plays on Jack, maybe rotating with Howe. We have several good intercept marks in the backline and with only 1 key forward to mind, we need to focus on intercept marking, stop the ball getting to the ground and keep it out of the hands of their small forwards

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 5 of 19   

Jump to: