Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Tigers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Horatio Fin 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

eddiesmith wrote:
Without JDG, getting within 10 goals might be a bit far fetched, this could be a season ending demolition job

Nah, chill mate. We're still a chance, and even if we lose, not the end of the world. For all we know JDG is just being rested? Surprised
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:04 am

Doggies have the best recent record against Richmond, having won their last 4 on the trot, albeit by only 5, 10, 19 and 2 points, respectively (haven't played each other this year). I think our style resembles theirs slightly, lack of personnel being our major concern. Certainly not impossible but it's going to be a massive task. A win here would create a seismic shift in everyone's thinking.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:28 am

Not many rates us a chance and with a team full of injuries up against the top team with very few injuries. It will be an interesting game as we can improve from this game so I will be watching to see how we line up and our game plan. A loss over 6 goals is bad, under 5 goals is good and a win will be one from nowhere.
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:01 am

Sidey and Pendles will need to kick goals in JDG's absence, 2 each should just about break even. Pig should tag Cotchin and attempt to maim him at every opportunity with ligament destroying tackles and generally annoy that little sniper into doing something stupid.
Rush Stand Wing 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:36 am

Round 6 we won hit outs convincingly but Grundy and Cox got sharked and we lost clearances and contested possessions by a lot. So much for them not needing clearances and relying on back half turnovers, at least from the round 6 sample anyway.

We've got to get first use more often than not this time around and maintain our back half structure like round 6. Fierce pressure and force turnovers. We still have 5 blokes up forward who have kicked 4 or more goals in a game this year.

Its very doable if everyone plays their role particulary if weaker links in Murray and Brown can hold their own and not turnover the ball. Its a big opportunity for Callum this week and hope he he takes his chance.

I really want this win. There would be huge upside with players still to come back that the 'true belief' would set in.
melliot 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:57 am

Lets throw everything at em with what we have available and see where we land. We know we are significantly undermanned this week.

So it's a free swing at em. Nothing to lose, everything to gain. No nerves required. Just an opportunity.

If we get done by 10 goals. We know we have plenty to put in to change up the side to make a difference. If its lesser margin or we win, we know we are in this race up to our neck..
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:57 am

The paper tigers are thinking:the game will be a walk in the park, they just turn up half naked half awake, and win by 200 points.

Well...then: 1st quarter, the Pies lead by 8 points; 2nd quarter, the Pies lead by 9 points; 3rd quarter, the Pies lead by 10 points. Around last five minutes mark, the paper tigers wake up...a bit too late, the Pies win by 2 points when the siren sounds.

Go Pies!
melliot 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:10 pm

I'd love for another 2016 game. Where they hold the lead for most the game and we kick 4 goals in the last 7 mins to have the lead with 20 secs to go and then hold on in the final scramble!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPbjeAtiglQ
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:40 pm

Win, lose or draw, I'll be keeping a lid on it.

Believe in the system folks.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:03 pm

melliot wrote:
I'd love for another 2016 game. Where they hold the lead for most the game and we kick 4 goals in the last 7 mins to have the lead with 20 secs to go and then hold on in the final scramble!

HA Ha, YES !!!!!!! AND imagine the paper Tiger Army, and the look of horror on mick molloys moosh, if de ja vu !!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Razz Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:05 pm

I can't imagine the paper Tiger Army and the look of horror on mick molloys moosh if de ja vu
E 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:31 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
melliot wrote:

HA Ha, YES !!!!!!! AND imagine the paper Tiger Army, and the look of horror on mick molloys moosh, if de ja vu !!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Razz Razz

i was skiing at Whistler with my Tigers buddy. He was too scared/upset to come down to breakfast!!! Priceless!

MJ23 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:33 pm

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere else.

Last time we played Tigers the following players played who are not playing this week :
Treloar
Blair
Reid - injured last qtr
DeGoey
Appleby
Aish - got injured third qtr - Knee
Dunn

Following players in the current team that didn't play last time:
Adams
Moore
Langdon
Mihocek
Varcoe
Daicos
Greenwood.

In addition, Maynard injured his ankle early in the game last time and then missed several weeks after.

While I think with Degoey out they might just shift Greenwood to the forward line as he seems to be the bloke who fills holes - Id love to see him tag Cotchin. At least at the start to see if its effective.

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:15 pm

Rush Stand Wing wrote:
Round 6 we won hit outs convincingly but Grundy and Cox got sharked and we lost clearances and contested possessions by a lot. So much for them not needing clearances and relying on back half turnovers, at least from the round 6 sample anyway.

We've got to get first use more often than not this time around and maintain our back half structure like round 6. Fierce pressure and force turnovers. We still have 5 blokes up forward who have kicked 4 or more goals in a game this year.

Its very doable if everyone plays their role particulary if weaker links in Murray and Brown can hold their own and not turnover the ball. Its a big opportunity for Callum this week and hope he he takes his chance.

I really want this win. There would be huge upside with players still to come back that the 'true belief' would set in.

Re getting sharked I’ve wondered why we don’t employ the occasional bash it forward tactic ala Clark Keating. Would certainly surprise the Tigers and break up their structure. But wwik.

K 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:34 pm

When I saw this image on the club website ...

... I thought to myself that it seems a bit out of character for WHE. Then I realized it was not WHE.

Okay, that was going to be the intro to some deep thoughts, but it turns out I have none...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19   

Jump to: