Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Tigers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc63 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Magpietothemax wrote:
^ Does anyone know the upshot of Elliott's report in the VFL, apparently for attempting a smother?? Hopefully not a life ban.

It got thrown out

Bleedblackanwhite 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:52 pm

Doc63 wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
^ Does anyone know the upshot of Elliott's report in the VFL, apparently for attempting a smother?? Hopefully not a life ban.

It got thrown out

The umpire who reported it should be thrown out.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:13 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
If Elliott and Moore play, I think we're half a chance.

Saw some highlights of the game. Faz looked good, strong hands and sensational shots on goal. Aish looked in good touch too.

Billy is an absolute gun, but he's been out for a very long time (round 23 2017). He's a bit like a racehorse too, needs a couple of runs to get back to his best.

Round 4 last year - 1st up, only had 6 touches, with no scoreboard impact, the week after, 14 touches and 3 goals.

Round 17 last year - 1st up after a few weeks out, 10 touches, 1 goal, the week after, 17 touches and 3 goals.

I'd be leaning towards giving him at least 1, maybe 2 more runs in the 2's.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:23 pm

Skids wrote:

Saw some highlights of the game. Faz looked good, strong hands and sensational shots on goal. Aish looked in good touch too.

Billy is an absolute gun but he's been out for a very long time. I'd be leaning towards giving him at least 1, maybe 2 more runs in the 2's.

Yes, cannot play Elliott at AFL level on the back of 1 VFL game. Needs as you say at least one more, but better 2 more runs in VFL.
Faz maybe, if judged ready, would be possible, since he was cherry ripe before that ankle injury in May. But in fact, I doubt it...would prefer another VFL run for him as well. Aisch definitely needs another run in the VFL to strengthen his knee.
For me, all of these guys should play another VFL round at least before being considered for senior selection.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:00 pm

Skids wrote:

Billy is an absolute gun, but he's been out for a very long time (round 23 2017). He's a bit like a racehorse too, needs a couple of runs to get back to his best.

Round 4 last year - 1st up, only had 6 touches, with no scoreboard impact, the week after, 14 touches and 3 goals.

Round 17 last year - 1st up after a few weeks out, 10 touches, 1 goal, the week after, 17 touches and 3 goals.

Yeah, I remember that Rnd 4 vs St Kilda. He was putrid, and I thought he was busted, a medical “what might have been”. Came out the next week and was in the best. He’s such a star, just gotta hope we can get eight good games from him for the rest of the year. A forward line with him, Stevo, WHE and DeGoey in it, all operating near capacity, is premiership quality.

Give him another VFL week, let him have his AFL cobweb-clearing game vs the Swans, then let him build through the last three rounds of the H&A so he is near peak for finals.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:17 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Skids wrote:

Yeah, I remember that Rnd 4 vs St Kilda. He was putrid, and I thought he was busted, a medical “what might have been”. Came out the next week and was in the best. He’s such a star, just gotta hope we can get eight good games from him for the rest of the year. A forward line with him, Stevo, WHE and DeGoey in it, all operating near capacity, is premiership quality.

Give him another VFL week, let him have his AFL cobweb-clearing game vs the Swans, then let him build through the last three rounds of the H&A so he is near peak for finals.

With Cox, Checkers and Grundy at the contest.... irresistible!!!!

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:35 pm

Allow yourselves to think crazy for a sec....

What would be the reaction of the footy world if we came out and belted them?

I mean, something like that would tip 2018 on its head, yes?

They’d lose some confidence....
We’d suddenly become serious contenders....
Some of the other sides would all of a sudden believe they’re a shot too....

Hhhmmm..... let’s see how Saturday arvo pans out. I suspect 2018 is about to be tipped on its head.....

White Black n Blood 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:02 pm

Didn't wanna start a new thread but had this pop up in my facebook feed and thought it was good value about Pendles.

https://themongrelpunt.com/afl/2018/7/24/the-a-grader

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:04 pm

Play Elliott. If our 21st C medical team can't do what other teams are able to do, then why are we paying them. He's fit, don't waste him in the twos, let him get more match fit in the ones... he's dynamite.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:08 pm

^^He hasn't played seniors in over a year and only played a few VFL games (only one current). Don't think anyone would be playing him yet.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:42 pm

I wouldn't play Elliot - he might need a warm up game in the AFL to hit top form but the bottom line is he's unlikely to be match fit off one VFL performance so I think even his fitness would let us down this week, let alone his form. I'd bring in Moore if fit, probably for Daicos and that's not knocking the kids game but it probably comes down to playing Murray of HBF and Maynard on the wing or Maynard off HBF and Daicos on the wing. You're not going to drop Howe, Shaz or Langdon or move them forwards and you're going to play Moore on Riewoldt so that leaves two spots left in the backline for smaller defenders - Crisp takes one definitely, the other Murray or Maynard, or move Maynard up the ground a bit at the expense of someone else (probably Daicos) which I like the sound of cause of his big body.

I don't think we'll win this game. Richmond have the ability to take their game to another level so even though they looked a bit patchy against the Saints (despite winning by 54 points) they'll be cherry ripe for us. Their tackling is ferocious when they're on and that's what we have to match I think - get 2 or 3 bodies into the tackles and tackle to hurt. Watch the fist 10 minutes of the Tigers Essendon game and see how ferocious they were. We wont be able to play clean footy in that environment so our only hope is to match them for intensity and ferocity so they make as many mistakes as us under the pressure.

We also need a way to get the ball out of our backline and I think handball run and carry and extreme spread with high work ethic is the way to go, which is why we've been playing this game plan all year. It worked against Melbourne quite effectively but Richmond are the masters of said game plan so they will be the biggest test.

We need to win the ball out of the middle and then create and win a lot of one on one contests around the wing / HFF to have any chance. Richmond will transition well but our team defence is as good as anyones and our back 6 or 7 are in good form so we can keep them to a decent score, it's just a matter of getting the ball forward often enough and clean enough to match or better it.

I think we'll put in a good showing and we've passed my expectations on a number of "challenging" games this year - Melbourne, Essendon second time and NM last week but I think we'll see the difference between the Tigers and everyone else this week with their ability to go to the next level that we'll struggle to match. I'm hoping I'm wrong. For the record I think it'll be close - maybe 14 points - and that'll be enough to excite the media and we'll be a chance in September, particularly if we get Treloar back.

GO PIES

- Ben
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:03 am

If Moore is deemed fit then expect him to play as the club will be desperate to give him as much exposure in his new defensive role before finals.

Daicos played well last week but this game against Richmond will be a far more physical and intense contest so his lack of physical maturity might count against him and be the deciding factor of why he is the one omitted for Moore.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:03 am

burnsy17 wrote:
Allow yourselves to think crazy for a sec....

What would be the reaction of the footy world if we came out and belted them?

I mean, something like that would tip 2018 on its head, yes?

They’d lose some confidence....
We’d suddenly become serious contenders....
Some of the other sides would all of a sudden believe they’re a shot too....

Hhhmmm..... let’s see how Saturday arvo pans out. I suspect 2018 is about to be tipped on its head.....

Or it could be like 2 weeks ago when we were playing a contender at the MCG, we stuck with them then they lost their best player and blew us away after he went off! And people blame injuries for our losses...

Also 2 weeks ago where the massive match of the round, they reckon they could have got 80,000 at the MCG but played at Etihad and Richmond demolished a contender who then lost to the bottom side this week and look might they be shot!

What happens if we get the same treatment, shown we arent contenders, go to Sydney next week and get another nail in the coffin and the year is suddenly looking like a first week finals exit
tbaker 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:13 am

Brown26 wrote:
We also need a way to get the ball out of our backline and I think handball run and carry and extreme spread with high work ethic is the way to go, which is why we've been playing this game plan all year. It worked against Melbourne quite effectively but Richmond are the masters of said game plan so they will be the biggest test.

GWS defeated Richmond by kicking more and less handball - i.e. kicking safely where Richmond couldn't force the turnover. So disposal efficiency is key else Tigers will hurt us on the turnover (as they have to all other teams)

Pipes1970 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:17 am

White Black n Blood wrote:
Didn't wanna start a new thread but had this pop up in my facebook feed and thought it was good value about Pendles.

https://themongrelpunt.com/afl/2018/7/24/the-a-grader

great read...

Pendles is quite simply the best player I have seen in black & white in my 48 years.

There has never been anyone who plays like him before and I doubt there ever will be in the future.

The way he makes time stand still is awe inspiring.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 9 of 19   

Jump to: