Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Tigers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Jed Anderson.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:23 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
It will be a miracle if we get within 10 goals, whilst belting a mediocre opponent the week before is great for confidence, just like last time we will get a wakeup call. Besides, if we get beaten comfortably by West Coast at the MCG, how can you possibly expect to get close to let alone beat the Tigers?

I tend to agree with you ES. Although I also think if Cox had played that we would have beaten WC. I still blame part of that game on a training load, our guys looked much fresher against the Roos.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:35 pm

Cam wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
It will be a miracle if we get within 10 goals, whilst belting a mediocre opponent the week before is great for confidence, just like last time we will get a wakeup call. Besides, if we get beaten comfortably by West Coast at the MCG, how can you possibly expect to get close to let alone beat the Tigers?

I tend to agree with you ES. Although I also think if Cox had played that we would have beaten WC. I still blame part of that game on a training load, our guys looked much fresher against the Roos.

No one knows, but I think we’ll do a lot better than ten goals, and I think the tigers have the right to be about 4/7. But we have improved a lot since round 5, or whenever it was, and that game was probably decided when we lost three rotations (Aish, Reid and Maynard) after a four-day break. Assuming that does not happen this week, we will get a good gauge on where we really are.

The loss to WCE concerns me less than it did, after that demolition of North. All teams can have a bad week, and the loss of Cox against a very good side hurt us badly in that game. At the moment we are a team on the long upswing, and every week tells us more about where we are at on that journey. Probablility suggests the Tiggers by about four goals, but it would not surprise me at all to see us overcome them. Treloar would help massively, but alas....

Edit: if .steele is out as reported, that ten goals might be more likely....

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:12 am

Our tackle count was 40 more against the Kangaroos than it was against West Coast.

They Eagles are a good side but we clearly didn't bring the energy required for that match.

After being up for 7 weeks it was bound to happen eventually.

We took it up to Richmond for 3 quarters last time before they kicked away for a comfortable win. We did suffer multiple injuries throughout that game however so that needs to be factored in.

Richmond are the rightful Premiership favourites at present and it will be a massive test for us but I welcome it and you feel the club will to.

Let's just see where we stand in the race to the flag.

Go Pies!

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:35 am

We can't take to much from the early season game against them
We got hit hard by injuries on a short turn around
What people forget we were exactly 6 games into a new style and structure with players playing new roles.
We've improved miles since then but the tigers have improved as well
Cox is a far better player now and is a key to our attacking structure
This weekend isn't a must win like last week IMO but we need to show the Tigers and other teams who consider themselves contenders we are in the conversation
A close loss wouldn't hurt our bonafides at all in fact it may enhance them in some ways
The Tigers are considered the bench mark
If we bring our best this group has to offer and apply immense pressure and by precise going inside 50 and take our chances when offered we are in with a big chance
I'm happy to take the odds on offer on us
The $3.40 on offer for us to win 1-39 is enticing and will see me have a sneaky wager on us to go into the good wife's holiday kitty
I'm tipping the pies by 20
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:39 am

Fair dinkum, too many of my dear Nickster friends seem to have lost their cahunas.

We have the personnel and the game plan to beat the Tigers. It's right that the Tigers are favourites, but if we bring our best game to play, we can and will beat them. Pies by 27 points.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:38 am

stui magpie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Let's not forget that when we lost to the Tigers early in the season, we were coming off a ridiculous 4 day break, and simply ran out of legs in the last quarter. This time we will win easily.

I like your confidence but I’d like a drug test. Too many marathon dim sims can catch up with you.

Were you at the same cafe in Firzroy Street as Josh Thomas when the barista misheard his cocoa order?

It wasn't me WPT, as I never travel south of the Yarra. Cool

Smart move. I've heard disturbing stories about the fauna down there

Probably coz people north of the yarra keep on eating the fauna here.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:05 pm

No Treloar and now possibly Sidey has deflated me a fair bit, lets face facts, these pricks have their best, fullest, team in, Houli is back too now, its their best possible team, I reckon, but it sure as hell aint our best team.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:29 pm

AFL Tonight says club denies Sidebottom had surgery and says he will line up.

Presented under the banner of “intrigue” re Sidebottom and Cox (scans twice this week) who both missed the light session today.

Quotes from Walshy in injury update:

Walsh also confirmed vice-captain Steele Sidebottom will take on the Tigers this weekend.

“There was some wild media speculation about Steele Sidebottom having sustained some serious damage to his jaw,” he continued.

“But pleasingly, we can say that they are absolutely rumours.

“Steele will train this week and will certainly be available to play against Richmond on Saturday.”

Last edited by MightyMagpie on Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:32 pm

If it is true that now Sidey is out, then I think it is starting to become a bridge too far to win this game. It is highly unlikely I believe that Moore will be available, and none of Aisch, Fas nor Elliott are ready yet. Who would replace Sidey, if he is out? Probably Callum Brown, but clearly we would not get the same impetus from him as Sidey, who has now reached the superstar status.
There comes a point when the loss of personnel tips the balance. So reluctantly I have to confess that if Sidey is, as rumoured, sidelined then I give us absolutely zero chance of winning. It is not that Sidey is pivotal our winning in general, but simply that the tipping point has been reached, and we are up against the reigning Premiers, who are in pretty hot form.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:38 pm

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2018-07-24/moore-remains-in-the-frame

Sidebottom fine according to Walsh.

Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:03 pm

swoop42 wrote:
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2018-07-24/moore-remains-in-the-frame

Sidebottom fine according to Walsh.

Yep. Apparently scans are all clear.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:06 pm

If Elliott and Moore play, I think we're half a chance.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:59 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
If Elliott and Moore play, I think we're half a chance.

yes, for some unaccountable reason, dunno why, how, wherefor, I actually think we might actually win this match. ! I don't know why I think it, just a gut feeling, that the cosy little world of the tigers might start turning the other way, after eons of good luck going their way. They are due for a fall, and if we play them as the Giants did, or eagles did, they are beatable. Last week the suns beat swans, in footy, upsets abound. Surprised Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:04 pm

^ Does anyone know the upshot of Elliott's report in the VFL, apparently for attempting a smother?? Hopefully not a life ban.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 8 of 19   

Jump to: