Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies rout Roos - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Kicking Straight in 1st Qtr was great to see as we wasted our Chances Last Weeks vs Eagles.

Nice to have a Forward Line that Majority of the Time that are Actual Accurate Goal Kickers.

Cox up forward makes a Huge Difference to the Structure.

I worry about Moore not String 2 games in a Row yet this Season

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:59 pm

Collingwood 20.10.130
Nth. Melbourne 9.10.64

Goals: Mihocek, De Goey 4, Stevo, H-E 3, JT, Phillips, Cox, Grundy, Adams, Levi 1,

Tackles: Adams 10, Daics 7, Pendles, Maynard, Murray, Sier 6,

D/E: Langdon 93.8%, Sier 92.3, Mayne 86.7, Pendles 83.3, Grundy 82.4,

Disposals: Pendles 30, Adams 28, Murray, Grundy, JT 24, Sidey, Daics 23, Phillips 22, De Goey 19, Langdon, Mayne, Shaz 16, Sier, Howe 15, Maynard, H-E 14, Stevo 11,

AF Points: Adams 135, De Goey 119, Pendles 112, Grundy, Daics 104, Maynard 95, Sidey, JT 94.

Crowd: 50,393.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:03 pm

I can’t believe how little love there is for Grundy’s game. His influence was quite remarkable today. He’s as dominant around the contest as any ruckman I have ever seen. I would pick him ahead of Len Thompson, Peter Moore and Darren Jolly in their prime, at the moment. His physical presence is simply steamrolling teams, week after week.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:04 pm

According to Champion Data he had about 2/3rds his usual output today.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:08 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
I can’t believe how little love there is for Grundy’s game. His influence was quite remarkable today. He’s as dominant around the contest as any ruckman I have ever seen. I would pick him ahead of Len Thompson, Peter Moore and Darren Jolly in their prime, at the moment. His physical presence is simply steamrolling teams, week after week.

According to Champion Data he had about 2/3rds his usual output today.

I thought he beat Goldstein, but didn't dominate. It was a good battle between the 2 all day.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:10 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Said during the game that Murray's return was very impressive. Showed great confidence despite having spent several weeks in the VFL. Took the game on and was a real positive in the first half.

It was a mixed bag, so there were some mistakes, though with 80% disposal efficiency and with 16/24 disposals being kicks, it's just not factual to say his disposal was awful. The way he plays, there will be mistakes, especially as he's developing but the positive, today, as with most of the year outweighed the negative.

If we really want to make a meaningful run this year, we need to be bold. Playing Murray is a part of that and he should have been in the team for the last month. Selecting anonymous players like Crocker, Appleby or even Daicos is being too conservative. Murray has a serious impact on a game, both positively and negatively at times. So yes, there is risk there but also reward.

Maybe at absolutely full strength I could see Murray missing, but right now he should be in the team. He's a first year player averaging over 22 disposals and makes the game easier for our other running defenders, of which we really only have Crisp and Maynard, simply not enough on its own. Murray gives us more forward 50 opportunities and does it from plays our other players simply aren't capable of. He has flaws but unlike some players we've selected recently (not to be too harsh), he also has strengths.

I reckon Sam Murray is best 22 for the reasons you raise. What I’d like to see is a look at his kicking by the coaches. Every kick doesn’t have to be a bullet pass on the chest. Too often the kick receiver is having to stretch low to get the ball. Fix that and you’ve got a weapon.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:11 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Seriously, last week their three marking forwards ran riot and I wondered how we would stop Brown, Daw and JZ. Yet they’ve barely fired a shot today against our small defender. Our defenders have done something right.

You mentioned this during the game thread, and it concerned many of us earlier in the week leading up to today, thinking they'll get PBs against us minus Dunne. And once we found out Moore withdrew, I was feeling very crook in the guts indeed...

Pies4shaw wrote:

I think the measure of the games of the three taller defenders is that Brown, Daw and JZ had 18 scoring shots and 13 goals between them last week from about 50 inside 50s. This week, they had 10 for 7 goals from about 45 inside 50s. Collectively, the defence did much better than I anticipated watching last week’s game.

So let's give Howe, Shazza, Langdon, Maynard, Crisp and Greenwood a big hand for their efforts in the last two weeks playing undersized against some very big forwards who are in great form.

Very happy with the application today, but still some reservations on disposal standard in general. Hope this can be corrected approaching September.

If Treloar hadn't gone down, I'd be carving us into 2nd spot by round 23 for a home QF. But alas, we'll have to take the long road to get there.

No passengers today, which is always the desired buy-in from the 22 selected.

Give me four quarters of effort against these tin-arses next week, like we got post-Anzac day, and i'll be satisfied regardless of the result.

Go Pies...

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:12 pm

If that effort today was two thirds of his normal output then beware when he returns to 100 % cos he be a cert to take Charlie home with weeks left
Horatio Fin 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:19 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Yep, he's on fire! Not only a very good ruckman, but like has been said before here, also plays as another mid. Massive tank/engine/effort. So glad to have him.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:26 pm

Great win and response after last week's loss. Was concerned pre-match about North's forwards especially with Moore's late withdrawal, but it didn't affect us at all. That was a pure four quarter performance.

The improvement in our forward line has been the noticeable thing about this year. The spread of goal kickers we have is something we haven't seen for about 7 or 8 years. Today we had Mihocek (4), De Goey (4), WHE (3) and Stephenson (3) all kick multiple goals.

The defence led by Scharenberg, Howe and Langdon was outstanding in nullifying the influences of Brown, Daw and Ziebell.

Loved the inclusions of Cox and Murray. Both strengthened our team for different reasons. Cox makes us structurally better, and allows the other forwards to roam around with more freedom. Murray provided us with much needed outside pace.

Well done to Daicos on playing a pivotal role after only being informed just before the game that he would replace Moore. Had career best numbers to date.

Amazing how many blood rules there were today for North. Never seen anything like it.

Huge test next week against the Tigers. We'll be rightful underdogs, but I'd love to see us take it right up to them. Expect a massive crowd.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:41 pm

Great win and exactly what a finals bound team should be doing to bottom sides. No idea why anyone was ever worried, North are shit and can’t play the G
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:43 pm

Next week is HUGE.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:43 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Great win and exactly what a finals bound team should be doing to bottom sides. No idea why anyone was ever worried, North are shit and can’t play the G

Wouldn't regard North as a bottom side. They're a mid-table team pushing for the eight.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:46 pm

Jezza wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

Wouldn't regard North as a bottom side. They're a mid-table team pushing for the eight.

Weren’t they near the top early? A team clearly on the slide that is a mathematic finals chance but realistically they are crap

You look at the teams around them like Essendon and Adelaide and it shows how weak the competition is
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:47 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
Next week is HUGE.

Will be lucky to get within 10 goals
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 5 of 13   

Jump to: