Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Roos - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert Parker wrote:
What does the TV reference mean by the way?

Try Travis Varcoe. Smile

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:02 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
It's amazing how differently we can see things. You have lamented Darcy's performance yet supported Varcoe's.

I did neither.

Hardly 'lamented' by saying his game was 'so-so'. Re TV: I simply wrote his game was 'passable'.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
jatsad 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:21 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
tbaker wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
Do we have the option of volunteering a week’s suspension to save $2,000?

lol
Given they have higgins and Ziebell in good form I think Greenwood will be in the side

I think that hard tag role is his best role, but he hasn’t really been assigned in that way much this season.

Exaxtly correct.

If he's not directly tagging, then he's out.

Doesn't offer any run, creativity or ball use.

E 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:25 am

Donny wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:
It's amazing how differently we can see things. You have lamented Darcy's performance yet supported Varcoe's.

I did neither.

Hardly 'lamented' by saying his game was 'so-so'. Re TV: I simply wrote his game was 'passable'.

Donny, i think the assessment of Varcoe being "passable" is pretty spot on. If more players had Varcoe's ability to gather a loose ball, we would be unstoppable. He wasnt awesome, but he will be better for the run and for a comeback game, he was fine.

I think Moore was better than so-so. His good was outstanding actually in my opinion. His reading of the play and ability to be first to the ball was Rance and McGovern like. I think the pies might have lmited his game time and encouraged him not to take off on long runs to protect him from injury and that was costly a few times (especially in the second half). That aspect should disappear in the next three weeks as he finds his feet and he gets more confident about what his body can do. It was a MAJOR positive coming out of the loss in my opinion and definitely not "so-so". i know you are a stats junkie, but stats tend only to do justice to the game of a midfielder whose job is to accumulate stats. Backs and forwards need to be judged by impact on the game.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:11 am

If we can't control Higgins impact then we will be on the end of a big score line against us.
They will tag Sidey especially after WC showed how it can be done to make him completely ineffective with nil positive influence on the game.
With Sidey beaten badly and Pendles held well our midfield struggled for positive ball movement especially with Treloar missing
JDG was our only player forward of the ball who looked likley to kick enough goals for us to win so we couldn't move him on to the ball
Hopefully Cox is back this week.
If Cox plays send him deep and make them defend him it makes Stephenson far more dangerous as well along with Thomas
Brown and Daw will be handfuls if they both play forward
Really I don't see us having any option other than play both Moore and Miochek in defence with Howe Scharenberg giving chop outs and Maynard on Ziebell (gee Goldie would be handy right now with Dunn out)
We need to completely dominate the midfield. There not a quick side so I would be tempted to play Murray on a wing and ask him to get back and help out then run like there's no tomorrow the other way.
If WHE isn't 100% this week don't play him it didn't work last week won't work this week either
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:11 am

E wrote:
Donny wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:

I did neither.

Donny, i think the assessment of Varcoe being "passable" is pretty spot on. If more players had Varcoe's ability to gather a loose ball, we would be unstoppable. He wasnt awesome, but he will be better for the run and for a comeback game, he was fine.

I think Moore was better than so-so. His good was outstanding actually in my opinion. His reading of the play and ability to be first to the ball was Rance and McGovern like. I think the pies might have lmited his game time and encouraged him not to take off on long runs to protect him from injury and that was costly a few times (especially in the second half). That aspect should disappear in the next three weeks as he finds his feet and he gets more confident about what his body can do. It was a MAJOR positive coming out of the loss in my opinion and definitely not "so-so". i know you are a stats junkie, but stats tend only to do justice to the game of a midfielder whose job is to accumulate stats. Backs and forwards need to be judged by impact on the game.

I think you're both being kind to Varcoe. I see a need for him in the team given his pace, forward pressure and he does have a genuine crumbing ability, but I thought he was awful on the weekend. I understand that he needs to build touch, and didn't get the VFL time to do so, but he was very fumbly, turned the ball over and worse, didn't put his body on the line at times. Even if his touch was poor, he could still have put his body into contests. No passes for me for this week.

Anyhow, let's hope Moore, Varcoe and the entire team lift this week.

Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:01 pm

Langdon a chance to miss due to injury - could be a case of managing him to make sure it doesn't get worse (due to history) as he's a crucial part of our backline heading into finals and we can't afford another player to drop long term.

No chance Greenwood is dropped against his old side. He'll be pretty valuable I'd reckon given his knowledge of their habits on field...

Changes again will be minimal with the only unforced being Crocker for Cox. If Sier and Langdon are both fit, we may see Daicos given a rest, but if either are out injured, there'll only be the one unforced.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:07 pm

Per Tom Browne

Suspect mason cox hamstring might be marginally worse than soreness. Bucks mentioned as much post game. Very important - feel he’s sort of vital against Roos. We’ll know more this arvo

E 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:41 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
Per Tom Browne

Suspect mason cox hamstring might be marginally worse than soreness. Bucks mentioned as much post game. Very important - feel he’s sort of vital against Roos. We’ll know more this arvo

i didnt know you could have "hamstring soreness". i thought that was how you describe someone who's "done a hammy"

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:46 pm

E wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
Per Tom Browne

i didnt know you could have "hamstring soreness". i thought that was how you describe someone who's "done a hammy"

Previously described as “tight”.

E 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:53 pm

A tight hammy is usually how someone who has never done a hammy before describes the feeling they have when they have done a hammy! Kind of like Treloar ......
K 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:30 pm

E wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
Per Tom Browne
Suspect mason cox hamstring might be marginally worse than soreness....

We need to establish the CFC terminology.
We can confidently say the lowest level in Pie-speak is "an awareness".
I guess "tightness" is next, below "soreness", would you say?
The worst case is presumably "ripped off the bone and flapping in the breeze", which is actually Pie-speak for "put through the meat grinder and now appearing in canned pet food".
Crazypie 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:42 pm

Yeah and called a "cramp"
Crazypie 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:51 pm
Post subject: Re: GoldyReply with quote

K wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
perthmagpie wrote:
SwansWay wrote:
... Anybody know how Tyson is tracking? I was amazed to hear Pendles say on the radio that he's training.

Goldy trained with the main group last Thursday morning. He's ramping it up for a possible surprise comeback in a few weeks.

Goldy looked to be moving freely and trained well after the main group (he didn’t do the match sim drills. Pendles predicted in his podcast last week that we’ll see him in 4-6 weeks.

Goldy was amazed too... He said that he had not expected Pendlebury to reveal such things publicly. Looks like the captain needs more communication training...

I don't see the problem with it at all... Why not put a positive spin on our resent injury woes?

Dunn might be out BUT Goldie not far off.... You beauty!

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:58 pm

E wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
E wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
Per Tom Browne

Previously described as “tight”.

A tight hammy is usually how someone who has never done a hammy before describes the feeling they have when they have done a hammy! Kind of like Treloar ......

I've done a hammy and had a few bouts of a tight hamstring. Some massage and dry needling sorted it out Cool

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: