Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Roos - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:01 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Donny wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I suspect Varcoe will be retained, since today (as bad as he was) was his first game back.

17 disposals for TV (today) is more than passable.

It's amazing how differently we can see things. You have lamented Darcy's performance yet supported Varcoe's. Varcoe turned the ball over quite a bit and was hesitant and fumbly for much of the time too. Darcy took the game on and Varcoe did everything but. Varcoe was our worst player today for mine (ex Crocker) and that is despite Greenwood and Daicos being poor.

What does the TV reference mean by the way?

tbaker 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:19 am

RudeBoy wrote:
I think Sier will play - hopefully just a corky today.

I suspect Varcoe will be retained, since today (as bad as he was) was his first game back.

I reckon we need an injection of pace so hopefully Murray will get another opportunity.

Out: Crocker (sadly, probably forever), Daicos (needs a rest), Mayne (declining form)

In: Cox, Murray, Brown.

Agree that Varcoe should be retained after his poor first showing. Agree that Crocker has done his dash - had several weeks to show something but alas...Daicos out for Brown. Keep Mayne - was far from our worst and I liked his pressure on the opposition, particularly in the 1st half (spoilt a few likely WCE marks). Sier was terrific until he went off and hope he gets up.

SwansWay 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:23 am

What really hurt us was that we couldn't stick our tackles too. West Coast look as huge as the Brisbane Lions of the early 2000s and our lack of big bodied players meant that it was always going to be hard. When I found out that Cox was a late withdrawal, I knew that the second half would be tough.

Fortunately West Coast are one of the few teams with such a top heavy forward line, so with our more team oriented defence, we will match up fine on teams like Richmond. Our gun players had off days. WHE wasn't fit and even Pendles and Sidey didn't have much impact. Then there's the players that aren't earning their spot at the moment, namely Crocker and Daicos.

Varcoe had a game he'd rather forget but I think he always looks dangerous when he's near a contest. He'll be better for the run. Darcy was fantastic today, especially considering he is outsized by bigger bodies.

Some positives: Elliott, Aish and Fasolo all close to returning. I know Fasolo has seemed a non-entity this year but he could come back into the team and have an impact. At least I hope so.

If we get really super extra lucky, Treloar could return if we can get deeper into the finals especially with the bye. Anybody know how Tyson is tracking? I was amazed to hear Pendles say on the radio that he's training.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:05 pm

My first game of the season, I only have a 4 game membership, so here goes nothing. ! On that basis we must win, for me and my boys, mates, no questions asked. This is a MUST win game, as tigers are coming up, so no more mucking around. Norf are a handy team, but not that good, and we had many guys down last week, who have to put in big games, and I think they will, they bloody have to !! Early prediction, Magpies by 33 points.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
tbaker 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:22 pm

Greenwood is available (not suspended), but whether he should hold his spot...
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:24 pm

Do we have the option of volunteering a week’s suspension to save $2,000?
tbaker 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:28 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:

lol
Given they have higgins and Ziebell in good form I think Greenwood will be in the side

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:41 pm
Post subject: GoldyReply with quote

SwansWay wrote:
What really hurt us was that we couldn't stick our tackles too. West Coast look as huge as the Brisbane Lions of the early 2000s and our lack of big bodied players meant that it was always going to be hard. When I found out that Cox was a late withdrawal, I knew that the second half would be tough.

Fortunately West Coast are one of the few teams with such a top heavy forward line, so with our more team oriented defence, we will match up fine on teams like Richmond. Our gun players had off days. WHE wasn't fit and even Pendles and Sidey didn't have much impact. Then there's the players that aren't earning their spot at the moment, namely Crocker and Daicos.

Varcoe had a game he'd rather forget but I think he always looks dangerous when he's near a contest. He'll be better for the run. Darcy was fantastic today, especially considering he is outsized by bigger bodies.

Some positives: Elliott, Aish and Fasolo all close to returning. I know Fasolo has seemed a non-entity this year but he could come back into the team and have an impact. At least I hope so.

If we get really super extra lucky, Treloar could return if we can get deeper into the finals especially with the bye. Anybody know how Tyson is tracking? I was amazed to hear Pendles say on the radio that he's training.

Goldy trained with the main group last Thursday morning. He's ramping it up for a possible surprise comeback in a few weeks.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:04 pm

tbaker wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:

lol
Given they have higgins and Ziebell in good form I think Greenwood will be in the side

I think that hard tag role is his best role, but he hasn’t really been assigned in that way much this season.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:06 pm
Post subject: Re: GoldyReply with quote

perthmagpie wrote:
SwansWay wrote:

Goldy trained with the main group last Thursday morning. He's ramping it up for a possible surprise comeback in a few weeks.

Goldy looked to be moving freely and trained well after the main group (he didn’t do the match sim drills. Pendles predicted in his podcast last week that we’ll see him in 4-6 weeks.

K 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:16 pm
Post subject: Re: GoldyReply with quote

MightyMagpie wrote:
perthmagpie wrote:
SwansWay wrote:
... Anybody know how Tyson is tracking? I was amazed to hear Pendles say on the radio that he's training.

Goldy looked to be moving freely and trained well after the main group (he didn’t do the match sim drills. Pendles predicted in his podcast last week that we’ll see him in 4-6 weeks.

Goldy was amazed too... He said that he had not expected Pendlebury to reveal such things publicly. Looks like the captain needs more communication training...
K 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:22 pm

think positive wrote:
K wrote:
Donny wrote:
17 disposals for TV (today) is more than passable.

He turns the ball over too much.

He wasn’t alone there. He’s had a run to get the rust out, give him another week

The run may help his ... err.... run. But it won't help his disposal efficiency. He is a turnover merchant. (That's not to say he cannot be a contributor, just that it's hard to see how his disposal can dramatically improve at this point in his career.)
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:56 pm

^

He goes at 75% career average which is above average

K 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:26 pm

^ I should probably not use the words "disposal efficiency", because it has a restricted technical meaning. I should probably just say he's a turnover merchant, which, unfortunately, costs us missed goals.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:30 pm

Tell me why you should.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7   

Jump to: