Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Weagles end Pies' run - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Goldsack/Reid/Elliott/Fasolo/Treloar/Broomhead/Dunn/Wells/Cox/Aish

Plz come back.

WTF is with Scharenberg's kicking? Its like he kicks the football in slow motion and the ball is covered in sharp nails, and halfway down his ball drop he changes his mind 14 times.

I think its time for a VFL Spell for Matt, but not sure who to bring in to replace him.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:32 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
We won’t miss the 8, we have North, Brisbane and Freo to take us to 14 wins

I hear what you're saying but we just can't look at it like that anymore. No game is a walk over these days (maybe Carlton Very Happy ). But all other teams now are up and about, even the Saints & Lions are getting it together. Freo in Perth is no easy assignment either. None of these are guaranteed, and Tigers, Swans & Port will be down right bloody hard work of the highest order. All games are a danger, we saw today what can happen. I thought we would handle the Eagles on the MCG but we were not prepared.

Hopefully the Freo game is a nothing game, but we are finally good at beating bottom teams plus North at the G is a big bonus and Brisbane down here.

We could make finals having lost to every top 8 sides but beating everyone outside the 8 if Hawthorn replace Melbourne
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:33 pm

I blame the beard. Grundy, Sidey and Stevo all had games to forget. Hopefully the loss we had to have
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:37 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
I thought we would handle the Eagles on the MCG but we were not prepared.

MM, I think we had them while we were able to play our game style - ordered chaos, in close. Then, they took on the Hawthorn game style and we were stuffed. Please, can someone tell me why we can't handle that kick, lead, mark - rinse and repeat style?
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:37 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
WE coulda won this one, fell in, then lost to Norf next week, footy is very unpredictable, swings and roundabouts. Perhaps, at the end of the day, this was the loss we had to have, a big reality check. Just come out steaming next week, and atone for it.!

Now... you do realise we currently have no player on our list capable of manning Ben Brown next week, don't you? He might kick a career high bag!
And Ziebel will swallow anything that Brown spills. Not looking good at all.

It took a Grundy sling tackle to take Brown out of the game in August last year, and cost him 3 weeks out of the team for his trouble.

John LEWIN 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:38 pm

Eddie, does he really get "all" the credit when the team wins? I don't read that here. What do you think his contribution was to the outcome today?
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:41 pm

piedys wrote:

Now... you do realise we currently have no player on our list capable of manning Ben Brown next week, don't you? He might kick a career high bag!

It took a Grundy sling tackle to take Brown out of the game in August last year, and cost him 3 weeks out of the team for his trouble.

Agree, Brown could be a huge worry. If Darcy plays as well again next week, he may have the height and dash to go with Ben Brown?
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:41 pm

Huge, Huge game next week; win and we are almost locked in for finals; lose, and who knows what next?

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:42 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

MM, I think we had them while we were able to play our game style - ordered chaos, in close. Then, they took on the Hawthorn game style and we were stuffed. Please, can someone tell me why we can't handle that kick, lead, mark - rinse and repeat style?
It is because we play a zone setup more often than not, that Hawthorn game style picks it apart. Man on man is the answer there but we don't really do that too well. We like to swoop on turnovers and run and gun, but when the opposition holds on to the ball like the Eagles did today beautifully well for 3 qtrs then we are stuffed, we become ball watchers. The manic rushing of the ball carrier was not there today either, but that is hard to implement regularly, save that for 4 weeks in September with a practice game now and then.

MONCO: Your life.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:45 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
piedys wrote:

Agree, Brown could be a huge worry. If Darcy plays as well again next week, he may have the height and dash to go with Ben Brown?

Darcy our only hope really, to have any hope of spoiling Brown's vertical take offs in a marking contest in their F50.

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:47 pm

piedys wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
WE coulda won this one, fell in, then lost to Norf next week, footy is very unpredictable, swings and roundabouts. Perhaps, at the end of the day, this was the loss we had to have, a big reality check. Just come out steaming next week, and atone for it.!

Dyso, do you mean the same Ben Brown that should be on our list? The same Ben Brown we decided not to put on our rookie list? The same Ben Brown that would be really useful in our fwd line right about now. The same Ben Brown lining up for a Coleman medal? Or is it a different Ben Brown you refer to? Wink

MONCO: Your life.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:50 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

It is because we play a zone setup more often than not, that Hawthorn game style picks it apart. Man on man is the answer there but we don't really do that too well. We like to swoop on turnovers and run and gun, but when the opposition holds on to the ball like the Eagles did today beautifully well for 3 qtrs then we are stuffed, we become ball watchers. The manic rushing of the ball carrier was not there today either, but that is hard to implement regularly, save that for 4 weeks in September with a practice game now and then.

Many thanks for your reply MM.
Let's hope then, that the coaches get together and teach our boys how to man up when it's necessary!!! I get that it must be hard to change your game style during a game, but somehow we need to be able to switch to a Plan B when the opposition adopts that "Hawthorn" strategy. It irks the beejesuz out of me that we just can't seem to do anything to stop it. Sigh.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:52 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
piedys wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Dyso, do you mean the same Ben Brown that should be on our list? The same Ben Brown we decided not to put on our rookie list? The same Ben Brown that would be really useful in our fwd line right about now. The same Ben Brown lining up for a Coleman medal? Or is it a different Ben Brown you refer to? Wink

Unhappily, I think he means the Ben Brown that is starring for North - but being shaded at the moment by Majak Daw, who is starring at CHF.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:53 pm

The Future Captain to Daw then? Gonna be him or Shaz I'd say...

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:53 pm

Loss of Cox at the start was massive.It clearly made this game a bridge too far.
I didn't see the game, but from the comments here and the fact that Natanui left the field, Grundy's inability to impact the game suggests that he is fatigued.
I think our injury list finally and brutally made its presence
felt today.
I am very worried about next week, given that we're not likely to get any reinforcements next week, Sier and Wills are possibly both injured, and we have no clear match up for Brown.
Lets hope at least that Cox will be back next week, because without him our attack,and defensive structures are severely compromised.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12   

Jump to: