Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies dump Dons - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:34 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

PyreneesPie wrote:
warburton lad wrote:

Will never listen to Channel Seven commentary that includes Nigel Carmody or Jude Bolton ever again

I muted the a...oles after half time! Brian Taylor is not much better. Don't know how he continues to get the gig.

Couldn't listen to the bias so muted at half time. How can it be ignored. It only happens in the afl.
Brian Taylor must of been a dickhead to play along side as he has no loyalty.

Grassy13 Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:38 am

Do we bring in Moore, smith or Varcoe next week? as the VFL have a bye but the boys have only had one hit out in the magoos
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:46 am

Mugwump wrote:
^ nice work, Jezza, thanks. Since the video is available on the .collingwoodfc website, I’m not sure the effort you must put into this is justified by the slight added convenience for me to read it this way, but thanks !

Give it up for the deaf bitch!

Thanks Jezza, I really appreciate your work, the videos rarely have subtitles and Aussie men for the most part, mumble! Cheers!

Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:49 am

Mugwump wrote:
thesoretoothsayer wrote:
In case anyone else has, like me, an unwarranted, irrational dislike of Jake Stringer....

I don’t think it is possible to have such a dislike of Stringer.

Well definitely count me in. Has taken over from Stevie Jay. He is a one trick pony, has no defence mechanism. Shirks contests, kicks the occasional goal and you'd think he's won the game off his own boot. The package alright, package full of fools gold.

Most overrated player in the comp, so I'm with thesoretoothsayer wrapped that he kicked 1 point for the day.

Also nice to see the captain finally get some recognition, last year in particular the critism he received on here was disgraceful. Amazing when you start winning games, all of a sudden your a great leader. He always has been.

Wrapped with the win, didn't think we were playing well enough to get over the line.

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:54 am

5:48 left on the clock in the last , 11 points up. Essendon just kicked a goal to keep them in it.

Centre bounce - Grundy down the throat of Pendles - kicks deep into the forward line - cox taps the ball from the kick down mihoceks throat - hand ball to De Goey - who snaps and goals. Bombers didn't touch it and pies put the game away at that moment.

Was a beautiful, efficient, and opposition spirit crushing goal when it really mattered.

Well done pies!

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:59 am

September Zeros wrote:
5:48 left on the clock in the last , 11 points up. Essendon just kicked a goal to keep them in it.

Centre bounce - Grundy down the throat of Pendles - kicks deep into the forward line - cox taps the ball from the kick down mihoceks throat - hand ball to De Goey - who snaps and goals. Bombers didn't touch it and pies put the game away at that moment.

Was a beautiful, efficient, and opposition spirit crushing goal when it really mattered.

Well done pies!

I’ve watched that highlight about 10 times on loop. Cox’s mid air tap to Mihocek while full stretched is ridiculously good.

Warbler 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:13 am

Is it just me or have Essendrugs turned into the worst team of
" SOOKS & STRUTTERS " in the AFL .

My dislike of Essendrugs has turned into a filth like hate after yesterdays game .
Those watching the game on TV would have seen WHE s knee bend at a horrifying angle . Can't believe he didn't do an ACL at the very least - to me he's now " The Incredible Rubber Man " , I was gobsmacked & hugely relieved to see him return to the field .

GO PIES
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:33 am

[quote="Warbler"]Is it just me or have Essendrugs turned into the worst team of
" SOOKS & STRUTTERS " in the AFL .

My dislike of Essendrugs has turned into a filth like hate after yesterdays game .

No it's not just you. I hate the drug using cheaters, there fans there x players and there list of wankers who don the sach such as

Stringer, heppell, Goddard, fantasia, and Mckernan.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:54 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
thesoretoothsayer wrote:
In case anyone else has, like me, an unwarranted, irrational dislike of Jake Stringer, let me state that he managed 1 point today.

Langdon thrashed him - not that a number of the folk on here will want to acknowledge that.

False again P4S. From midway through the first term to late in the 3rd Essendon played Hurley as there free man in defence. Langdon was ours hence his 15 touches in the first half. Watch the game again closely. Hurley took about 6000 intercept marks by being allowed to drift in contest. Langdon provided less intercept marking but did offer many spoils and impacted contest helping other defenders.
Stringer played the majority of his time as a high half forward working into the midfield and only sparingly getting into the forward 50.
If you want a good insight into Langdon's game go to the goal that Stringer set up late in the 3rd when he got out the back then sent it inside for a easy goal to them. Pendles run about 50m to berate Langdon. You can see the vision clearly on TV replay Pendles giving him a absolute spray. This from a calm captain who isn't known for this sort of spray.
Then fast forward to id way through the final term Langdon is in the clear with Mayne 25m ahead of him on the wing 20m clear of a opponent and Langdon misses him by 25m to kick it OOF. Mayne's reaction says it all.
Langdon did some good things yesterday but he still had those brain farts that cost goals. For the record champion data credited him with 2 goals conceded yesterday which is close to his season low tally. Howe also was credited with 2 goals conceded as wa Scharenberg
Crisp was our best defender statistically yesterday

I enjoy a good relevant, large sample based statistic as much as the next bloke but I’m not a fan of individualising defenders by statistics.
The game now is all about team defence, zones and hand overs.
Every defender will have their good and bad moments in a game, particularly against good opposition.
Defenders now rely on midfield pressure more than ever and if they don’t get that, then all defenders will have a dirty day.
I’m happy for you two guys to go on individualising the good and bad of Langdon as much as you like but one thing is certain, he is currently one important piece of a very strong defensive group.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:10 pm

^

Yep, Langdon is one important cog in a quite tightly knit defence. They work well with each other, cover for each other and generally do a great job.

One thing Langdon has to realise though, is that he is not quick. In straight leg speed he's likely the slowest of our back 6.

So, young Tom, stop trying to run with the ball. Just get it and give it, particularly in traffic. With so many teams playing small fast forwards you are a sitting duck.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:28 pm

Fwiw, I think Langdon plays an important role in our defensive set up. He played another good game yesterday imo.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:08 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Yep, Langdon is one important cog in a quite tightly knit defence. They work well with each other, cover for each other and generally do a great job.

One thing Langdon has to realise though, is that he is not quick. In straight leg speed he's likely the slowest of our back 6.

So, young Tom, stop trying to run with the ball. Just get it and give it, particularly in traffic. With so many teams playing small fast forwards you are a sitting duck.

Not while Scharenberg's in the team, he isn't.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:22 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Yep, that's his biggest fault, tries to do too much and, as you say, is too slow.

How anyone could give him B.O.G yesterday is fanciful.... it's a bit like my crush on Wonder Woman in grade 5.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:30 pm

That would be directed at me, Skids. I thought he was best on the ground. As it happens, the coaches didn't agree with me. It's not the first time. I did, however, have all three of the Collingwood players to whom the coaches gave votes in my best 5 (and I had Pendlebury and Grundy getting my 4 and 3), so perhaps it was just the order we differed over.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:48 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
That would be directed at me, Skids. I thought he was best on the ground. As it happens, the coaches didn't agree with me. It's not the first time. I did, however, have all three of the Collingwood players to whom the coaches gave votes in my best 5 (and I had Pendlebury and Grundy getting my 4 and 3), so perhaps it was just the order we differed over.

Don't feel bad mate it wasn't just both coaches but also every poster on nicks who didn't think he was worthy of BOG other than you and E
In fact other than you 2 last time I checked no other nicks posters thought he was worthy of a single vote even
But if anything Langdon is consistent he has managed not to poll a single vote off any coach all season
You can hang your hat off that consistent performance

I also had 3 of our players right the coaches selected in my GB medal voting
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10   

Jump to: