Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies sink Suns - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:50 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

PyreneesPie wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
His comments re no rotations for 20 mins is so damn shocking. Like, NO ONE has any say other than the players. How unprofessional is that??? I listened to the whole post match conference. Basically said players didn’t seem to want to come off cos thy were having too much fun winning and winning well. No one in the box taking note of rotations wants to pull rank? Ridiculous.

It's a bit weird isn't it? I always thought that the players had little say in when they rotated for resting purposes during a game - that a nebulous someone (coaches, fitness guys?) strategized as to who rotated over the course of the game and when.

I thought that was odd too. But if what Buckley says is true, it does lend further weight to something that occurred to me when watching the third quarter – that we were starting to play like millionaires, with too many cute tricks and low-percentage efforts and not enough hard work. It reminded me of the way we were playing in late 2011, when we knew we could just turn up, play half a game and win; that was really when the rot set in leading to that lost grand final (and we’re nowhere near as good as that this year). This was a solid win, nonetheless, but I hope the players aren’t getting too ahead of themselves.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:07 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
I have noticed that Phillips drop off in form has coincided with the recent batch of media blowing smoke up his arse; I hope its not related.

Great to see JT follow up a dirty day last week with a stellar performance; sign of a true champion to turn it around like that, in my book, what a story!

P4S; can't believe some of your criticisms of Sharenberg; he ain't going anywhere, and I can't help but feel some of your criticism would be more aptly applied to the Future Captain.....

Scharenberg is a magnificent player and will one day captain the Club from CHB.

You've put the mocker on him now!

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:09 pm

David wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
His comments re no rotations for 20 mins is so damn shocking. Like, NO ONE has any say other than the players. How unprofessional is that??? I listened to the whole post match conference. Basically said players didn’t seem to want to come off cos thy were having too much fun winning and winning well. No one in the box taking note of rotations wants to pull rank? Ridiculous.

It's a bit weird isn't it? I always thought that the players had little say in when they rotated for resting purposes during a game - that a nebulous someone (coaches, fitness guys?) strategized as to who rotated over the course of the game and when.

I thought that was odd too. But if what Buckley says is true, it does lend further weight to something that occurred to me when watching the third quarter – that we were starting to play like millionaires, with too many cute tricks and low-percentage efforts and not enough hard work. It reminded me of the way we were playing in late 2011, when we knew we could just turn up, play half a game and win; that was really when the rot set in leading to that lost grand final (and we’re nowhere near as good as that this year). This was a solid win, nonetheless, but I hope the players aren’t getting too ahead of themselves.

Indeed, it was around that time that the curious phrase 'half rat arsed power' started to be bandied about on this board.

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
John LEWIN 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:15 pm

July will be difficult, injuries have caught up with possibilities again and big time, given what's coming up. We need to stick with the programme and realise that this team is still very much a work in progress. If we are without Dunn and Treloar against Essendon that will be challenging. Factor in the obvious fatigue among the younger and newer players and that second half of the season story starts to loom very large. The challenges are across the board and scarifying individual players is pointless because the structures and positioning possibilities have been seriously compromised. The relevant consideration in judging success on the ladder has become the medical room. Just think about a team with Moore, Elliot Varcoe Dunn and Treloar lining up next week to take on the Bombers. What would Sportsbet say?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:39 pm

Collingwood $1.10, instead of $1.35?
E 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:49 pm

David wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

in 2011 the rot did NOT set in due to arrogance. The rot set in due to injuries. that Hawthorn Prelim destroyed us physically..... one of the commentators even said at the end of that game that given how we ended that game, the cats were favored to win the flag... We were hurt by the fact that we got the tougher prelim. Pure and simple.

Neither Jolly nor Reid were capable of playing tiddlywinks that day , much less AFL footy.

E 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:51 pm

E wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
I didn't watch the game unfortunately, but have just tuned into the conversation. I find it utterly absurd that Bucks should complain that "we didn't have any rotations" for an extended period, and that this could have caused our skills to erode due to fatigue. Surely rotations are not decided by the players on the field?? Surely the coaches have responsibility to manage this aspect in order to rationally co-ordinate our manpower?? I find such a statement to be deeply concerning in how totally inexplicable and ridiculous it sounds.

this is the most tired i have seen us all year. In the last quarter and a half, every single effort seemed maximum. We looked ragged, our structures broke down and we just scrapped as best we could. In the end, very lucky that the suns couldnt kick straight or take advantage of their chances or it would have been a real contest.

At half time i bet everyone was banging on about percentage. Just win the game! Turned out that maybe talk of a percentage boost contributed to our loss of team structure.

interesting that i noticed this even before Buckley made his comment about the rotations. I wondered why this happened to us. I doubt that we did tis by accodent. I wonder if there is a rule change a foot and buckley wanted to make a political statement. His message - If you want ugly footy, limit rotations.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:10 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
We won but I feel like we lost. Outside of the 2nd Qtr we where nothing Short of Pathetic.

The Lack of Effort,Work Rate and Intensity was Disgusting. Play like that next week vs Essendon and we lose Easily.

Phillips WHE need a Kick up the Ass how Shit they where today.

Dunn Injury could be a Massive Loss as he gone for sometime you can kiss Flag and Top 4 Goodbye.

Hopefully Bucks Blast them for not playing good enough

Jeesus, are you EVER happy when we win mate, ever ????? Bloody hell, we won for chrissakes, interstate , in hot climate, by over 6 goals, I take any interstate win anytime, we are second and we move on.

Im pleased, bar more injuries, sigh. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:14 pm

I also think if we can win two out of Dons, eagles, Nth, Tigers, we are doing pretty well, win 2 outa that 4, and we cant complain.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:40 pm

We need to win 3 of those and win 1 of Sydney and Port or we probably can’t finish top 4 (from ladder predictor, it looks like we need to go 6 and 2, at worst, from here).
glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:44 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
We won but I feel like we lost. Outside of the 2nd Qtr we where nothing Short of Pathetic.

The Lack of Effort,Work Rate and Intensity was Disgusting. Play like that next week vs Essendon and we lose Easily.

Phillips WHE need a Kick up the Ass how Shit they where today.

Dunn Injury could be a Massive Loss as he gone for sometime you can kiss Flag and Top 4 Goodbye.

Hopefully Bucks Blast them for not playing good enough

Jeesus, are you EVER happy when we win mate, ever ????? Bloody hell, we won for chrissakes, interstate , in hot climate, by over 6 goals, I take any interstate win anytime, we are second and we move on.

Im pleased, bar more injuries, sigh. Surprised

I don't get why people are talking about it being hot - I was there and wearing a jacket / beanie; it was fabulous conditions with no wind.

A lot of the guys started walking after half time I thought WHE might have hurt an ankle but ran out the game ok; our forward line was poo in the last quarter. It is a worry when our performance drops so badly - that should be the time we hone our structure and practice our team play in a practical situation - instead we introduce Seir into how to deal with half the team putting in a half arsed effort.

The players that kept on playing for me were
Mayne - consistent good efforts, skills and pressure acts
Adams - worked hard regardless
Scharenberg - some have suggested he isn't fast and yeah he might not be winning any sprints but how many of our best defenders have? He is just a really skillful reliable player.

Some other things :

We went to the training session on friday and was really happy with the guys taking the time to sign the kids jumpers - very friendly and appreciated. Mason in particular made an effort and pushed the time he was given to sign - it means a lot when we only get to see the boys once or twice a year.

Gold Coast had a band playing before the game, covers and the like, it was a lot of fun. Especially during an 80s set they injected - 'When Tom Lynch goes to Collingwood' into the lyrics. It had the bar groaning and laughing along.

great day - second on the ladder - can we hope for a Collingwood, Richmond Granny?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:22 pm

A seven goal win against a team that had a red hot go is a good result in my book. I thought Sier played a terrific first up game. Some of his link up work was first class.

Dunn's injury is a worry. However Mihocek is the man to take his spot at full back if needed.

I'm not sure but I think the lack of rotations in the 3rd quarter might have been partly related to the time it took to patch up Mihocek and Sidey from head injuries.

I'm not sure why some of you are doubtful we can beat the Bummers? We will win convincingly.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:54 pm

BazBoy wrote:
With say Daicos and another smaller player out and in the event of big body Dunne out with injury what I wonder

With some better sides we are about to play do we put in a Wills or when ready Moore

Wills not a KPP —-we will really miss Dunne

I've only ever seen Wills playing as a mid and he, Sier and Pendles in the same side would make us top heavy.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:14 pm

Pleased with Sier's debut.

Hard to fault 19 disposals @ 84.2% D/E and 6 tackles.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:21 pm

Other results worked well, for us.

Lost: Geelong, Sydney, West Coast - even Hawthorn. Smile

... and St Kilda is leading Melbourne at half time.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9   

Jump to: