Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies sink Suns - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood 14.15.99
Gold Coast 8.12.60

Goals: JT 4, Stevo 3, De Goey 2, Pendles, Maynard, Cox, Crocker, Mihocek 1.

Tackles: Grundy 9, Pendles 7, Sier 6.

Disposals: Adams 30, Phillips 26, Pendles 25, Sidey 24, Grundy 23, Mayne, Crisp, JT 22, Langdon 21, Howe, Shaz 20, Sier 19, Crocker, Daics 18, Maynard 16, De Goey 14,

D/E: Crocker 88.9%, Sier 84.2, Daics 83.3, JT 81.8, Shaz, Pendles 80

AF Points: Grundy 151, Adams 101, Phillips 98, JT 97, Mayne, Pendles 95, Crocker 91.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:01 pm

Looks like a went one week early with the end of the streak. But at least the beard is now 6 from 6.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:03 pm

People underestimating Sier’s debut. His DEBUT. His first afl game. He looked composed, brushed aside opponents like they were children. Mark my words, once he gets familiar with his teammates and the pace of the game, he may yet be the best of our young crop.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:07 pm

Agree with the highly positive comments regarding Siers. He looked well and truly at home at AFL level. Some of his moves were brilliant. Also, his disposal was excellent into F50, giving our forwards maximum possiblities for capitalizing. A fantastic debut game.
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:07 pm

Donny wrote:
Other results worked well, for us.

Lost: Geelong, Sydney, West Coast - even Hawthorn. Smile

... and St Kilda is leading Melbourne at half time.

The Saints won, by 2 points.

Donny Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:26 pm

Want more ?

Essendon is leading North 84-64 at half time.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:46 pm

Slippery conditions made the game hard to watch at times. This led to skill errors which stopped several linkages we built up off the half back line.
3rd quarter with 12 minutes to go it was 86-28. Disappointing we didn't go on with it. And don't buy into the humidity factor. We simply fell away on the endeavour front.

The kids, Appleby and Daicos were lacking any influence coupled with untidy disposal at times, which when you don't get a lot of it to to begin with, start to impact their usefulness in the 22. Given each has under 10 games a piece at present I don't think it warrants being too harsh.
They will however be the players to make way to bring in some leg sped in the form of Varcoe and Murray. (particularly against the Bombers)

Adams worked tirelessly, important getting in and under, all night. Adams putting together a high quality season in light of our injuries. Has been very important if not underrated. Would like to see Wills come in and play / mirror this role.

Maynard was one of our best in the 1st half, his kicking has improved considerably. That pass coming out of the backline, while on the run to Crocker was outstanding, and on his right foot!
He seemed to be playing as more an outside running player and using his pace and kicking to break lines. My knock on him previously, apart from disposal was giving away too many headless free kicks when in tight contests. Playing some tidy games over the last few weeks.
If he continues to deliver that same penetrating delivery onto the MCG over the next 4 weeks, he could deliver some serious rebound meters gained and a headache for opposition coaches.

Dunn - just a rock. Not flashy, Presti mk.2, gets the job done. Fingers crossed its a knock as to anything more serious.

Liked what Sier brought in his first game, appears to be a natural footballer. An example was his awareness to put Stephenson into space while Day was marking him early in the 2nd quarter showed football smarts - on both fronts. Stephenson used his pace to burn May off and goal.
Looking forward to seeing how he performs against some stronger opposition over the next 4 weeks.

Love being in 2nd spot but it's like we're in a 15 minute parking zone with plenty waiting to grab out spot.

John LEWIN 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:48 pm

P4S, I agree with the $1.10, we were 1.60 before Essendon beat North and before the Dunn scans are in.
RB, no doubt we can win but it won't be easy or certain if Dunn doesn't play.
As you can see I think Dunn is one of the most important players in the structure. Yes Mihoicek can play there but we lose a massive amount of experience without Dunn, in a part of the ground were it counts the most.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:53 pm

Nothing is certain, but death and taxes. Cool

Clearly, Dunn would be a massive out for us, but I think there's enough flexibility in our side to cover his loss and beat the Bummers.
Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:45 pm

Wokko wrote:
Once Dunn went off the back line looked a bit lost. Hope he’s ok.

Losing Dunn did expose our defensive structure. On top of that we had zero rotations for 20 minutes while he was off. That was enough for the Suns to gain the ascendancy. I felt rather nonplussed leaving the ground last night but on reflection we did what we needed to do and still go a 7 goal win.

The thing we need to remember is that although we are winning ugly, we are winning. Look at Melbourne, West Coast and Geelong this round alone and you'll see how important the four points are. How we accumulate this in June / July is of little importance.

I must say, I went to the ground to watch the game from a structure point of view and in particular WHE and Mayne. I must say, Mayne was enormous last night. He made affected more contests than I think I've ever seen and his work-rate and impact was fantastic. I have great respect for the bloke watching what he does off the ball.

Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:00 pm

glasseyevfx wrote:

I don't get why people are talking about it being hot - I was there and wearing a jacket / beanie; it was fabulous conditions with no wind.

A lot of the guys started walking after half time I thought WHE might have hurt an ankle .....

The players that kept on playing for me were
Mayne - consistent good efforts, skills and pressure acts
Adams - worked hard regardless
Scharenberg - some have suggested he isn't fast and yeah he might not be winning any sprints but how many of our best defenders have? He is just a really skillful reliable player.

Agreed. It wasn't hot and the reports of 90% humidity was baffling? It was beautiful, crisp winter's night.

WHE was definitely hobbled. He had no leap after half time. That impacted his output. Scharenberg was down tonight but without Dunn his task was huge. I agree with your list of four-quarter efforts. Mayne was outstanding.

Bleedblackanwhite 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:08 pm

glasseyevfx wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
We won but I feel like we lost. Outside of the 2nd Qtr we where nothing Short of Pathetic.

The Lack of Effort,Work Rate and Intensity was Disgusting. Play like that next week vs Essendon and we lose Easily.

Phillips WHE need a Kick up the Ass how Shit they where today.

Dunn Injury could be a Massive Loss as he gone for sometime you can kiss Flag and Top 4 Goodbye.

Hopefully Bucks Blast them for not playing good enough

Jeesus, are you EVER happy when we win mate, ever ????? Bloody hell, we won for chrissakes, interstate , in hot climate, by over 6 goals, I take any interstate win anytime, we are second and we move on.

Im pleased, bar more injuries, sigh. Surprised

I don't get why people are talking about it being hot - I was there and wearing a jacket / beanie; it was fabulous conditions with no wind.

A lot of the guys started walking after half time I thought WHE might have hurt an ankle but ran out the game ok; our forward line was poo in the last quarter. It is a worry when our performance drops so badly - that should be the time we hone our structure and practice our team play in a practical situation - instead we introduce Seir into how to deal with half the team putting in a half arsed effort.

Scharenberg - some have suggested he isn't fast and yeah he might not be winning any sprints but how many of our best defenders have? He is just a really skillful reliable player.

Some other things :

We went to the training session on friday and was really happy with the guys taking the time to sign the kids jumpers - very friendly and appreciated. Mason in particular made an effort and pushed the time he was given to sign - it means a lot when we only get to see the boys once or twice a year.

Gold Coast had a band playing before the game, covers and the like, it was a lot of fun. Especially during an 80s set they injected - 'When Tom Lynch goes to Collingwood' into the lyrics. It had the bar groaning and laughing along.

great day - second on the ladder - can we hope for a Collingwood, Richmond Granny?

It’s the humidity, they’re not use to it. I was doing some things in the garage and was working up a sweat. The humidity was in the 90’s.

Bleedblackanwhite 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:10 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Clearly, Dunn would be a massive out for us, but I think there's enough flexibility in our side to cover his loss and beat the Bummers.

And the odd Collingwood supporter who is never happy with anything even when we’re winning 😉

Bleedblackanwhite 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Abdul The Bull wrote:
glasseyevfx wrote:

A lot of the guys started walking after half time I thought WHE might have hurt an ankle .....

Agreed. It wasn't hot and the reports of 90% humidity was baffling? It was beautiful, crisp winter's night.

WHE was definitely hobbled. He had no leap after half time. That impacted his output. Scharenberg was down tonight but without Dunn his task was huge. I agree with your list of four-quarter efforts. Mayne was outstanding.

Humidity was in the 90’s.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:32 pm

Bleedblackanwhite wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

And the odd Collingwood supporter who is never happy with anything even when we’re winning 😉

Most of them have gone very quiet. But since I expect that our young and injury depleted side will get a reality check in the next few weeks, no doubt they’ll be back, like bluebottles to old meat.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9   

Jump to: