Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies beat Blues - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:46 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood 11.13.79
Carlton 9.5.59

Goals: Stevo, H-E 3, De Goey, Treloar, Pendles, Cox, Mihocek 1.

Disposals: Sidey 31, Pendles 29, Phillips 28, Adams 24, Crisp 22, Shaz, Maynard, Langdon, Howe 21, Treloar 19, Grundy 20, De Goey 18, Dunn, Daics 16, Mayne 14, H-E 13,

D/E: H-E 92.3%, Howe, Shaz 90.5, Pendles 86.2, Grundy 85,

Tackles: Pendles 5

AF Points: Phillips, Sidey 107, Grundy 103, Pendles 101, Crisp 98

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
E 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:53 am

Cam wrote:
Mayne is a hard body and is doing his job. But can be displaced by someone who can do that but has more weapons... aka Varcoe if he can get and stay fit.

I think Mayne is hanging onto Aish's spot until Aish is back to full fitness.

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:36 am

Mugwump wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
It'll do.

We had that post-bye look, with a pretty lousy connection into the forward line, but the four points is enough for me. AT being ok is the best news all day.

Yep, our boys sure did look as thought they had that post-bye rusty look, but we got the win against spirited opposition. They say that's the sign of a good team - to win despite not playing their best - the sign of a team in the four!!!! Very Happy Who would've thought!!!

Very, very relieved that Adam reckons he just had cramp, but it sure was a strange time for cramps to come on. Hope he's got the right diagnosis.

Also hope that Daisy gets rubbed out for his hit against Levi. He was in a nasty, spiteful mood today and hope he cops it.

Well, you would be in a filthy mood today if you were Dale Thomas. He is a non-entity in a bottom-dwelling team playing a top-four team in which he might have been a venerated legend, rather than a plankton filter.

Coming face to face with the appalling consequences of terrible life decisions makes people cranky.

Daisy got paid a lot more to go to Carlton and he is well past his prime and may not get a game in our Best 22. Think it worked out best for him.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:42 am

We got 4 points and that was the aim at the start of the day
They went about making sure they weren't flogged again
They didn't want to overly attack nor did they want the game to a open game with skill being the key factor
Few players looked a bit flat today but coming off a bye that happens at times
We've put ourselves into w position now to really make the most of our season and its up to the coaches & players to get the most out of that
Still think we are 1 tall snort in defence but when Moore is back that will be addressed
Thought Scharenberg battled hard all day when isolated on Curnow who's a absolute star when he decides to turn up. Thing about Scharenberg that many miss is his ability to read the play well ahead of time and get into good positions his problems arise when he's taken deep by a taller or quicker player but with a couple injuries he's being asked to play well above his height and speed often and overall has handled it well. I think some forget he's only 20 odd games into his career but the poise he shows and skill by foot and intercept marking ability proves why the club kept him around and why they extended his contract.
WHE is just a smart footballer. He uses his weapons to his advantage well
Stephenson makes some mistakes like all young players but geez he's got some skills as well. Can't wait to see how good he ends up in a couple years
Grundy is just about our most important player. He's not just a first class ruckman but then doubles as a clearance player, then a running link player, then a attacking weapon. So many strings to his bow and the scary thing is his best football is still the coming years.
Most of the team played ok today but a couple will be looking over there shoulders when we have other players fit.
Thomas was very ordinary today. Didn't do much of anything. He's got a few credits but he wouldn't want to be playing that badly in a few weeks.
Daicos tries hard but I think his body size hampers him at times. Not sure what role the coaches are asking him to play but he's not really contributing in attack nor is he stifling oppostion attacks. He's houng hopefully he gets a set role to grow into
Langdon for all his courage (and yes I rate that a great trait he has) makes so many horrible decisions it amazes me. He is so often caught in no mans land. He's not manning his man nor is he in a position to help a team mate. I've been a critic for ages and he hasn't done anywhere near enough to be a certain starter when we have a full list to pick form. Just a side note on him yesterday he attempted 5 kicks over 25m and turned the ball over 5 times but he didn't miss a handball or a pass by foot under 15m. He needs to learn his limations as a player and not look to do anything other than get the ball into the hands of Scharenberg or Howe who have far superior foot skills

A win is a win and at the end of the day you only get 4 points whether you win sensationally or ugly
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:01 am

bally12 wrote:
Bank the win and take the lessons. Best 2 things that came out of this game were: we won, and Treloar injury isn't serious.
This was Blues' grand final and they threw everything at us. Their best players in Cripps, Curnow, Simpson played out of their skins, and could be argued wwere the best 3 on the ground. They played an ultra-defensive game style which made it difficult for us to find clear forward-50 targets. Often we took the wrong option going forward eg. DeGoey should have gone for goal a couple of times instead of passing, a few top of the square kicks went straight to Blues etc.
Some pretty dodgy umpiring favouring Carlton. What was the 2nd 50m for? The first one against Daicos was stupid as well...I thought you are allowed to follow your direct opponent? He was running away from the kicker anyway. That rule is against the spirit of the game, they should just scrap it immediately.
Daisy Thomas showed himself to be the flog he's always been...we just couldn't see it when he was playing for us.

Some positives:
Grundy - just awesome. Worked tirelessy, and gave us a real advantange in the ruck.
Cox - starting to mark strongly in packs. Improving all the time.
Crisp - reliable, who would have thought. Unsung hero of our side at the moment.
WHE & Stevo - our dynamic duo in our forward line.
Pendles & Sidey - normal, good games from them, as we expect.
Howe - had Garry Lyon lamenting his intercept marks in the last quarter, and that can only be a good thing.

Some neutrals/negatives:
Appleby - on the fringe of the team, probably playing his role, but not offering a lot either in an offensive sense.
Langdon - on the whole I like him, but gee he makes some serious clangers.
Mayne - has been reasonably solid, but really doesn't offer much to be honest.
Greenwood - really poor by foot..depth only.
Mihocek - happy with him but that effort in the goal square when the ball was popped up for him to mark over a smaller opponent was weak.
Thomas - quiet but we can forgive him this one.

A fair summation of things. Add Phillips to the Langdon summary.

Our bottom 5-6 yesterday struggled a bit

Appleby, Mayne, Greenwood, Thomas, Daicos

daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:46 am

[quote="bally12"]
Some pretty dodgy umpiring favouring Carlton. What was the 2nd 50m for?

I will need to watch the replay but it looked like the umpire was signalling to a player to stay out of the zone and then awarded the 50. When the camera panned out I still couldn't see a player.

daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:48 am

I honestly don't care if we wear the light or dark top, but today was stupid

I agree. I got lost a couple of times. I thought Carlton were required to wear their white jumper with white shorts.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:37 am

A thing of contrast—we are going along building our game and “momentum “

Play Dee,s with a near perfect 4 qtr performance—then the bye

Reckon it cost us 2 quarter,s before we gained some of the “momentum “

IMO the bye sucks

E 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:03 am

[quote="daics aka the ruckman"]
bally12 wrote:

Some pretty dodgy umpiring favouring Carlton. What was the 2nd 50m for?

I will need to watch the replay but it looked like the umpire was signalling to a player to stay out of the zone and then awarded the 50. When the camera panned out I still couldn't see a player.

it was against Appleby but he was nowhere near the zone. he was 10 meters on the other side of it. Maybe it was an optical illusion??

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:03 am

Can people seriously not tell the difference between a Collingwood jumper and a Carlton one? What is the world coming to?
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:35 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Can people seriously not tell the difference between a Collingwood jumper and a Carlton one? What is the world coming to?

Unfortunately the Future Captain had a few issues evidently... Cool

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:44 am

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

It's hard to pick out team-mates down the field when you have your head in your hands, muttering "The horror! The horror!" after watching your KPDs get outmarked by soft opposition midfielders, repeatedly. Wink
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:47 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

It's hard to pick out team-mates down the field when you have your head in your hands, muttering "The horror! The horror!" after watching your KPDs get outmarked by soft opposition midfielders, repeatedly. Wink

I've been meaning to ask; I get the feeling, just reading between the lines mind you, that you might reckon it may be time for The Club to test the waters in regards to the acquisition of a Key Position Backman? Would I be putting words in your mouth to make such a suggestion?

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:48 am

I suppose I should add that Collingwood might now only have 5 wins in a row but the Future Captain has 8. No doubt it's a complete coincidence that they've won the last 5 games in a row since he came back from injury.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:53 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

I've been meaning to ask; I get the feeling, just reading between the lines mind you, that you might reckon it may be time for The Club to test the waters in regards to the acquisition of a Key Position Backman? Would I be putting words in your mouth to make such a suggestion?

I'm pleased to see that the subtlety of my position hasn't eluded you, CC. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9   

Jump to: