Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The 10 minutes before the first bounce.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:52 pm
Post subject: The 10 minutes before the first bounce.Reply with quote

I got to the MCG yesterday about 15 minutes before the first bounce. The field was packed with a dogs breakfast of trainers, coaches, media, security, etc..etc.
There was flashing signs all around the boundary and an endless array of messages like "forever your club" and other jingoistic slogans flashing everywhere. And to top it off blaring music with highlights of Pies vs Blues matches on TV screens everywhere.
It was crap!
Why? because there was zero crowd input that last 10 minutes. Once upon a time the crowd would get right into the match buildup.
It reached a crescendo when both teams running through the banner and there was often push and shove between the sides when each team pack ran too close to each other. There was very little other personnel on the field. It was a cleaner more satisfying experience. Only when the ball was bounced and the music turned off was there a good cheer from the crowd yesterday. Too little too late for me.
Less is more I say.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that irked me was the pre-game video to pump up the Collingwood vs Carlton rivalry. There were plenty of highlights in the video package, including marks, goals and bumps … but there was also the Wayne Harmes GF slap of the ball from over the boundary to set up THAT goal, as well as Silvagni’s mark of the year on Craig Starcevich. Who the hell is putting this video together? It’s a COLLINGWOOD home game. There should be ZERO Carlton highlights. ZERO!

I was also a little p!ssed off that Wellingham’s crunching bump on Kade Simpson and Alan Didak’s massive shirt front on Heath Scotland weren’t included.

C’mon. We’re meant to HATE Carlton.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:30 pm

It was probably better than Levi's 10 mins Wink
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:00 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
The thing that irked me was the pre-game video to pump up the Collingwood vs Carlton rivalry. There were plenty of highlights in the video package, including marks, goals and bumps … but there was also the Wayne Harmes GF slap of the ball from over the boundary to set up THAT goal, as well as Silvagni’s mark of the year on Craig Starcevich. Who the hell is putting this video together? It’s a COLLINGWOOD home game. There should be ZERO Carlton highlights. ZERO!

I was also a little p!ssed off that Wellingham’s crunching bump on Kade Simpson and Alan Didak’s massive shirt front on Heath Scotland weren’t included.

C’mon. We’re meant to HATE Carlton.

Yes, i noticed the Harmes boundary tap back and I thought the same.
Who the hell put that together???
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:45 pm

I was browsing the Collingwood website earlier and clicked on the video highlights of yesterdays win.

2 of the first 3 highlights were Carlton goals. WTF?

I expect the highlights of a Collingwood win on the Collingwood website to be Collingwood highlights and opposition stuff ups. If I wanted to see Carlton highlights I'd go to their website (then get in the shower with a bar of solvol)

I didn't watch the rest of the video.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:18 pm

I also couldn't believe showing Harmes. What next, the words "What's better than beating Collingwood by 10 goals?" or Fev in the millenium game. Seriously along with nothing else matters this year's decisions are a serious departure from sense. A tip whoever it is: You don't need it if the team's playing well. It's fixturing that's killing attendances more than anything.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:15 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I was browsing the Collingwood website earlier and clicked on the video highlights of yesterdays win.

2 of the first 3 highlights were Carlton goals. WTF?

I expect the highlights of a Collingwood win on the Collingwood website to be Collingwood highlights and opposition stuff ups. If I wanted to see Carlton highlights I'd go to their website (then get in the shower with a bar of solvol)

I didn't watch the rest of the video.

I assume the highlights package is simply the telstra AFL package that is non biased.

But yes, I agree. Our highlights package should include Collingwood highlights only.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: