Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eurydice Dixon

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:39 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops. Too much data.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:40 am

David wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Outside the family and friends of the victim the rest of us have no right to be so upset for what is in essence a very low rung crime of defacing the grass surrounding a temporary memorial in what is otherwise a public park.

A community service order is all that is required as punishment.

Ironically the death threats coming from the keyboard warriors are a far more serious police matter.

It's interesting, isn't it in a way, people are acting as if it's a crime against them, and perhaps it is, in a way. People were feeling pretty genuine sadness and anger, and this guy effectively took a huge shit on it. Of course, as with any desecration of a memorial or gravesite, it's also an act of disrespect against the deceased, but I think it'd be helpful for the social media warriors to recognise that they are subconsciously casting themselves as victims here. (And of course, it should be noted that not all of the violent and abusive rhetoric is coming from a place of anger many are actively enjoying this. People always love an acceptable target of hate or contempt, and are probably working through a fair few unrelated issues here.)

What's the difference from this blokes attutudes to feminsm etc then our own right wing nutters on Nicks. Same hymn book I would have thought. (or should that be her book)

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:58 am

^ No difference at all, unless you are capable of rational thought.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:04 am

watt price tully wrote:

What's the difference from this blokes attutudes to feminsm etc then our own right wing nutters on Nicks. Same hymn book I would have thought. (or should that be her book)

**** off.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:30 am

watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Outside the family and friends of the victim the rest of us have no right to be so upset for what is in essence a very low rung crime of defacing the grass surrounding a temporary memorial in what is otherwise a public park.

Ironically the death threats coming from the keyboard warriors are a far more serious police matter.

It's interesting, isn't it in a way, people are acting as if it's a crime against them, and perhaps it is, in a way. People were feeling pretty genuine sadness and anger, and this guy effectively took a huge shit on it. Of course, as with any desecration of a memorial or gravesite, it's also an act of disrespect against the deceased, but I think it'd be helpful for the social media warriors to recognise that they are subconsciously casting themselves as victims here. (And of course, it should be noted that not all of the violent and abusive rhetoric is coming from a place of anger many are actively enjoying this. People always love an acceptable target of hate or contempt, and are probably working through a fair few unrelated issues here.)

Interesting question - and the responses it has elicited may tend to indicate that the cut is just a little close to the bone. But, of course, you knew that - which is why you asked the question. Laughing
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:12 am

Oh, no, the skin is unbroken. Those of us on the moderate right get used to being called all kinds of names by people who confuse their feelings with ideas. Its rare that anyone is so creepy as to imply that we sympathise with domestic violence and rape, but when you are dealing with an inherently totalitarian mind and ideology, these things happen.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:08 pm

watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Its not really relevant because theyre not defacing murdered womens memorials and nor have they in any way endorsed such acts. You could accuse right-wing anti-feminists of inadvertently influencing this guy, or something, but youd be incorrect; his posts indicate that (contrary to my initial presumptions) he belongs to the wack-job Alex Jones conspiracist set, and thus not really from the same ideological background as anyone who posts here* those people are a special breed unto themselves.

*Some of you may remember a certain old sparring partner of mine who stopped posting here some years ago whod well and truly drunk the kool-aid, but I wouldnt be so uncharitable as to name names... Wink

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:54 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Interesting question - and the responses it has elicited may tend to indicate that the cut is just a little close to the bone. But, of course, you knew that - which is why you asked the question. Laughing

The response is due to the passive aggressive, insulting tone of the comment coupled with it being utter horseshit.

There's nothing quite as cringe inducing as a castrated male feminist.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:00 pm

^

WPT is just getting grumpy due to his vegetarian diet. The man needs a steak. Wink

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:02 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Oh, no, the skin is unbroken. Those of us on the moderate right get used to being called all kinds of names by people who confuse their feelings with ideas. Its rare that anyone is so creepy as to imply that we sympathise with domestic violence and rape, but when you are dealing with an inherently totalitarian mind and ideology, these things happen.

You're speaking for wokko, too, are you? Laughing
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:08 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

I'm about as cut up as I get when a biscuit falls into my coffee. Men collectively abusing other men or masculinity to feel better about themselves is trait of the weak. Abuse the rapist all you want, but if you have some belief that "all men" want to rape then take a good hard look into the mirror because you're projecting.

Someone calling themselves a male feminist starts the clock on the sexual harassment law suit.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:19 pm

Wokko wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

I'm about as cut up as I get when a biscuit falls into my coffee. Men collectively abusing other men or masculinity to feel better about themselves is trait of the weak. Abuse the rapist all you want, but if you have some belief that "all men" want to rape then take a good hard look into the mirror because you're projecting.

Someone calling themselves a male feminist starts the clock on the sexual harassment law suit.

No-one on here has that "belief". These are straw persons you are attacking. I expect that you could - but to do not wish to - see that.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:42 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

No, though in his initial response, he probably spoke for me quite effectively.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:47 pm

As long as we understand the level of the debate, then.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:03 pm

Proper debate shouldn't include snide insults at people based on their political views.

Unless of course, you're in Parliament, then it's compulsory.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14   

Jump to: