Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rumour (now a REPORT): Jordan DeGoey set to re-sign

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely a bargain for us. It’s criminal that he would only be on 100k more than a 35 year old, injury prone old man.
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:23 am

I think this is a fair deal and people calling it a huge bargain are getting a bit ahead of themselves. Maybe, it will be, Jordan certainly has the potential to make it so, but right now it isn't.

Right now, Jordan is an above average player whose form fluctuates significantly from week to week. Some weeks, like this one, he's a world beater. Other weeks, like the previous two, he's well below average. The overall package works out to roughly above average.

He's also only played one full season (20+ games) out of four which is a bit of an issue itself.

I also hope from now on that he's a midfielder who goes forward rather than a full time forward. I think people got carried away by his bag against the Saints where he got on the end of a few cheapies. He needs to improve his overhead marking to become a forward. He gets his hands to the ball, but drops them too often.

Bleedblackanwhite 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:23 am

I said he’d be around the 6-7k mark.

He’s got talent, I think he will own the comp in the next couple of years if he keeps his head on but for now I would think that’s a fair price for him.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:24 am

Melbourne made the classic mistake that coaches do of focussing on current form of opposition players and creating negating roles to negate the opposition strengths. Phillips is not the guy to tag because he plays away from the middle. All that did was open the game up for guys like De Goey and Stephenson. De Goey will have good days and bad days. We should keep the opposition guessing. Play him forward or back depending on the situation. In that regard he is like Dusty Martin but at this point in his career he doesn't have the consistency of Dusty.
K 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:41 am

Eade said JdG is a worse kick than Dusty. I hope that's not true; Dusty's a terrible kick. JdG's first few I50's were good passes, but as the game progressed his kicking precision did get a lot worse.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:02 am

Jordan’s bad kicks inside 50 were because he was running flat out. He’ll learn how to steady.
K 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:18 am

Some of his kicks seemed to be dropping short. Even one of his 'good' I50s in that stellar first 15 minutes required his teammate to dive down and forward.
Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:41 am

K wrote:
Some of his kicks seemed to be dropping short. Even one of his 'good' I50s in that stellar first 15 minutes required his teammate to dive down and forward.

Better than the ubiquitous over the head of the leading forward. How many times in recent years have we seen Cloke, Reid, Elliot get crueled because of poor delivery, typically landing on their heads or going over them.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:58 am

K wrote:

I thought that pass was just about perfect.....low and bullet like.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:22 pm

Worth a million a year I reckon.
22 years old and can kick goals and bust the midfield wide open.
We know he has not done much until this year.
But boy you could build a side around him and that is why he is worth squillions!
E 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:39 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Definitely a bargain for us. It’s criminal that he would only be on 100k more than a 35 year old, injury prone old man.

old people have earned the right to be over paid.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:39 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Melbourne made the classic mistake that coaches do of focussing on current form of opposition players and creating negating roles to negate the opposition strengths. Phillips is not the guy to tag because he plays away from the middle. All that did was open the game up for guys like De Goey and Stephenson. De Goey will have good days and bad days. We should keep the opposition guessing. Play him forward or back depending on the situation. In that regard he is like Dusty Martin but at this point in his career he doesn't have the consistency of Dusty.

Dusty is 5 years older, At the same age Dusty was getting more of the ball as he was already a starting midfielder due to Richmond's weak midfield but otherwise they compare quite well.

If De Goey can move toward spending 70/30 midfield/forward, we should start to see some consistency.

E 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:42 pm

masoncox wrote:
But boy you could build a side around him and that is why he is worth squillions!

this is not true. we dont even know for sure that De Goey can beat a tag!!!! When De Goey can bring it EVERY single week like Sidey and Pendles, no matter the attention he gets, then he's worth a million. 600k for a budding star is pretty good. He can get his millions when he is consistently a star.

E 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:42 pm

masoncox wrote:

this is not true. we dont even know for sure that De Goey can beat a tag!!!! When De Goey can bring it EVERY single week like Sidey and Pendles, no matter the attention he gets, then he's worth a million. 600k for a budding star is pretty good. He can get his millions when he is consistently a star.

now i know that $600k is only a couple of months work for most if us, but its a lot of money for a 22 yo.

K 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:11 pm

Ben Niall (manager):

"Rumours of him signing are untrue.

"There has been no discussions, no meetings, no offer yet, but that is as it was always planned to be. We always planned to wait until mid-year to get together and talk, and that is what we will do in the next few weeks."

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/pies-to-start-talks-with-de-goey-20180613-p4zl4c.html
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14   

Jump to: