Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies wallop Dees - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ll concede some on Adams one and agree that player as best they can in the heat of battle be smarter on “grey area” rules

But that Cox mark in field of play by a few meters then momentum had his hands with ball carried over line —-and the galah umpire had perfect view

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:03 pm

dalyc wrote:
Cam wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

This game was hot, hot, hot. It was not like Melbourne had an off day
Woods!

It's great to see you so buzzed about this magnificent win today MM.

Of course, Paul Roos said that Melbourne just had a one-off bad day!!! Rolling Eyes

Importantly we have pantsed them the last two times, and both times meant something.

You back from the cliff for good Cam?

I hope/think so. We have more talent than Richmond, but as for the Eagles... I'm not sure... Normal [ie not Richmond/Bulldogs] premiers have 3-6 AA guys.. the Dynastys had 5-6 locked in. How many do we have? Grundy, Sidebottom.. and maybe Howe and WHE. Phillips in the picture? Can he sustain it? Importantly we have a sustainable gameplan and have been able to rotate spare parts in and out when we take a hit.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:39 pm

Cam wrote:
dalyc wrote:
Cam wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

Woods!

Of course, Paul Roos said that Melbourne just had a one-off bad day!!! Rolling Eyes

Importantly we have pantsed them the last two times, and both times meant something.

I hope/think so. We have more talent than Richmond, but as for the Eagles... I'm not sure... Normal [ie not Richmond/Bulldogs] premiers have 3-6 AA guys.. the Dynastys had 5-6 locked in. How many do we have? Grundy, Sidebottom.. and maybe Howe and WHE. Phillips in the picture? Can he sustain it? Importantly we have a sustainable gameplan and have been able to rotate spare parts in and out when we take a hit.

Haven't you forgotten Pendles Cam? He's still our best player imo and an absolute AA player - even if he is underrated by much of the media.

Our absolute stars are:

Grundy
Pendles
Sidey
Treloar
Howe
WHE
Phillips
.....and maybe, by season's end, De Goey.
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:49 am

Jordy is just about our most important player already. He's a bull in the contest, but has Dusty-like power on the outside.
The way he sprinted along the boundary to link up with Daics and Treloar for a WHE goal, was the highlight of the match for mine. There was no catching him. Awesome stuff!
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:07 am

Just watched the replay AGAIN.

Stephenson kicked 4, missed a simple one, handballed one away when in the goalsquare, and had two perfect leads cut off but Steele (miss) and Mihocek (goal) in the third quarter. He could’ve had 6-8 goals!

Oh, and we judge Steele harshly nowadays. He was EVERYWHERE, setting up play, setting up goals, missed 3 gimmes too. He slots 2-3 goals and he’s pretty much BOG for mine.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:33 am

^ Sidey is a funny one. For years, people whinged on here that he had extraordinary talent but didn't get enough of the ball. Then he started getting heaps of the ball and kicking short according to the then game plan and he was suddenly nicknamed "dinky kink Sidebottom". Then people wanted him playing as a permanent forward because he wasn't, allegedly, a genuine mid. Then the short-kicking game plan was abandoned and Sidey just continued getting the ball all the time, everywhere, against the odds and serving it up to others to kick goal after goal after goal for us and people criticised him because he couldn't have 40 possessions every game as our leading-disposal contested-ball mid and also kick 5 goals per game. Meanwhile, the genuine lunatics seem to have (ever so temporarily, I expect) abandoned their threads about trading him for a second-rounder "while we can still get something for him".

He certainly gets judged to a different standard on Nick's. If the coaches' votes are a reflection of the way the umpires will see it, he should have 15 Brownlow votes to round 12 and is the second-most prominent player in the competition.

At our Club, he's been a model of consistency finishing 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 5th (in a year were he missed 6 rounds with a serious injury), 3rd and 1st in the last 6 Copelands. And, barring two broken legs, he's a reasonable chance to finish top 5 again this year.

Now that his statistical output is starting to look like The Great Dane's (Sidey is averaging 31.42 disposals per game this year, with over 11 contested possessions each week on average), I have turned my attention to his poor contested marking output. Others may wish to focus on his inability to give Grundy a rest from the ruck - after all, he's only had the 5 hitouts over his entire career.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:07 am

Have to admit that I missed the contribution of Sidey on the weekend. You notice more on the replay. I think it's because he disposes of the ball so quickly and his hands are so quick. Treloar and Pendles are more flashy. The two coaches are more accurate in who they pick. I wish the Brownlow vote was a coaches vote rather than an umpires vote. Then we would really know who the best player in the AFL is each year.
The Average Tourist 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:55 am

I agree interesting how the coaches rated Sidey, unfortunately I was not at the game so can only comment on the watching the replay
But my first impression was clearly JDG was fantastic but I thought that Crisp was everywhere.

However one guy who none of us had in our best 22 at the start of the Josh Thomas his third goal was fantastic looked to handball to Treloar and that drew the opposition he steadied stayed inside and bang.

Thomas would have to do something very very wrong to not be in our 22 from here.

Maybe over the bye we need to have a Thread where we apologise to those we have discarded.
Dunn, Howe, Thomas, Phillips, Treloar, Mayne I think they are mine.

I even started to worry that Big Mason had not followed his last quarter against the Essendopers, the filth and the the first 45 minutes against the tigers.

My dream is for him to back up Monday and kick 8 against the filth the week after the bye.

Sorry I forgot (like everone does) about the Captain not that I have ever doubted him but we all need to tell the world how good he is

After the latest knock is "Ohh Pendles is ok but he does not kick enough goals" averaging 1 a week and only when its needed in a game

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:06 am

With the excellent form of Josh Thomas ✅

The emergence of Tom Phillips ✅

The final display of why he was hi pick draft JDG ✅

These three and a new player focus on better disposal and thinking out next
move will going forward help us get over no Daniel Wells
[/search]

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:23 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ Sidey is a funny one. For years, people whinged on here that he had extraordinary talent but didn't get enough of the ball. Then he started getting heaps of the ball and kicking short according to the then game plan and he was suddenly nicknamed "dinky kink Sidebottom". Then people wanted him playing as a permanent forward because he wasn't, allegedly, a genuine mid. Then the short-kicking game plan was abandoned and Sidey just continued getting the ball all the time, everywhere, against the odds and serving it up to others to kick goal after goal after goal for us and people criticised him because he couldn't have 40 possessions every game as our leading-disposal contested-ball mid and also kick 5 goals per game. Meanwhile, the genuine lunatics seem to have (ever so temporarily, I expect) abandoned their threads about trading him for a second-rounder "while we can still get something for him".

He certainly gets judged to a different standard on Nick's. If the coaches' votes are a reflection of the way the umpires will see it, he should have 15 Brownlow votes to round 12 and is the second-most prominent player in the competition.

At our Club, he's been a model of consistency finishing 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 5th (in a year were he missed 6 rounds with a serious injury), 3rd and 1st in the last 6 Copelands. And, barring two broken legs, he's a reasonable chance to finish top 5 again this year.

Now that his statistical output is starting to look like The Great Dane's (Sidey is averaging 31.42 disposals per game this year, with over 11 contested possessions each week on average), I have turned my attention to his poor contested marking output. Others may wish to focus on his inability to give Grundy a rest from the ruck - after all, he's only had the 5 hitouts over his entire career.

But knowing Sideys prowess, I’m sure those 5 hit outs were all to advantage too 😉
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:33 pm

What a great win , so enjoyable to see how hard we worked , keep it coming lads. So enjoyable seeing the dreamon fans sooking especially gary lyon and dr turf.

Mason and Hosking Elliot fantastic and Maynard really showed his worth and Adams proved me wrong , Jordy smashed em . Mihochek's goal at 3/4 time was a ripper.

www.facebook/the hybernators
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:55 pm

What a win!!
It was an emotional game for me. My Dad was diagnosed with MND last year. He hasn't been able to attend a game this year due to his health, but he was there to watch the Pies smash the Dees on Monday. It was the best. Thank you Collingwood!! All class and a gusty performance. A great day.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:15 pm

Cam wrote:
dalyc wrote:
Cam wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

Woods!

Good to hear. You’ve been one of my favourite posters for a decade and was worried you were going to the dark side! 😁😁😁

Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:15 am

To be fair P4S - a lot of the clamouring for Sidey up forward was due to him probably being our best small forward talent. He knows how to get it, where to put it and he can do it off both feet.

Everyone will point to Elliott but his injury history is a huge issue and it is likely that if e comes back he will have lost that leap and therefore one of his most potent weapons.

I reckon Sidey has failed as a forward in what.. one game where he was up there for the majority? Yeah he's a great mid in a team that has loaded up excessively on mids. But prior to the recruitment of Stevo and the emergence of WHE and JdG as forwards, Sidey was probably our sharpest weapon up forward.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:57 am

the fuzz wrote:
What a win!!
It was an emotional game for me. My Dad was diagnosed with MND last year. He hasn't been able to attend a game this year due to his health, but he was there to watch the Pies smash the Dees on Monday. It was the best. Thank you Collingwood!! All class and a gusty performance. A great day.

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad but I'm very pleased for you and him that he was able to get to that game and enjoy a tremendous victory. I hope he's able to get to many more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12   

Jump to: