Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies wallop Dees - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

If Phillips is the guy who the opposition is going to tag, our midfield will be very happy
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

Monco Matt wrote:

This game was hot, hot, hot. It was not like Melbourne had an off day
Woods!

It's great to see you so buzzed about this magnificent win today MM.

Of course, Paul Roos said that Melbourne just had a one-off bad day!!! Rolling Eyes

Last edited by PyreneesPie on Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Pies2016 

Any love for Lynden Dunn ?
The Dees two big boys have been on fire and although McDonald got off the chain against Sharenberg a few times, Dunn at worst, halved every aerial contest he was involved in.
He’s a ripper.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:51 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Any love for Lynden Dunn ?
The Dees two big boys have been on fire and although McDonald got off the chain against Sharenberg a few times, Dunn at worst, halved every aerial contest he was involved in.
He’s a ripper.

And he held his own in a one on one chase into the their forward line!!! Laughing
Bleedblackanwhite 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:56 pm

scoobydoo wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Bleedblackanwhite wrote:
Serious question, would Jaidyn Stephenson be our best ever first round selection to have played so far to date?
I mean seriously the guys a freak.

The competition is Daisy, Didak, Reid, Presti, Fraser, Reid an McCartney. Time will tell.

Pendels?

Nah... he’s got Pendles covered already believe it or not...

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:57 pm

Byes can sometimes be problematic int hat they can stifle the positive momentum of a team. However, in our case, I reckon it's come at a great time. The likes of Moore, Wells and Billy get extra time to recover from injuries and hopefully we'll escape some of the media hype that has surrounded Melbourne in recent weeks, so we can come back flying under the radar.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:58 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
What was noticeable about this game is how our players are now scaring the opposition and forcing them to assign blanketing roles to certain members of their team, who are then unavailable to give them their usual contribution. Case in point today was Tom Phillips. He was nullified to some extent by the Melbourne tagger assigned to him (Brayshaw), but then Brayshaw was unable to play with any aggression as his role was defensive.
I am so rapt with Mason Cox. Without wanting to sound hysterical, I believe that he has some kind of footballing genius, which probably comes somehow from his basketball. The way he gets into position and taps/palms the ball on is nothing short of magic. He also clunked some brilliant marks tonight, and this is what we have all been waiting for.
What also amazed me tonight was his brilliant play at ground level!! Who would have imagined that a guy with his height could play such a dangerous role here??
I am just stoked with this wonderful team victory.

Good call on the Phillips tag. Brayshaw had been the architect of their drive off half back in recent weeks and they robbed Peter to pay Paul.
Phillips will learn from it and the lesson is, dont be close to BOG for three weeks in a row and then think you won’t get noticed.

Brayshaw 37 and 39 touches the last two weeks. This week? 16 and Phillips 19.

He went to Phillips to tag him, but it really went the other way in my view.

Another reason that Phillips was out of the play a bit is that he gets most of his ball through link up play off half back. Melbourne didn't get forward enough for him to be prolific.

Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:59 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Byes can sometimes be problematic int hat they can stifle the positive momentum of a team. However, in our case, I reckon it's come at a great time. The likes of Moore, Wells and Billy get extra time to recover from injuries and hopefully we'll escape some of the media hype that has surrounded Melbourne in recent weeks, so we can come back flying under the radar.

Yeah, I think the schedule has worked pretty well for us. We had that rough stretch around Anzac Day, which always happens when it falls mid week, but we've had good rest leading into the last few games and now a bye at exactly the right time.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:59 pm
Post subject: BrilliantReply with quote

Best all round defence I have seen since Malthouse coached. Shut the silver spoons down completely. Their Captain is as bad as the goose Heppell from Essendon! No clue.
Number 35 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:06 pm

BEST. WIN. EVER.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:09 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
What was noticeable about this game is how our players are now scaring the opposition and forcing them to assign blanketing roles to certain members of their team, who are then unavailable to give them their usual contribution. Case in point today was Tom Phillips. He was nullified to some extent by the Melbourne tagger assigned to him (Brayshaw), but then Brayshaw was unable to play with any aggression as his role was defensive.
I am so rapt with Mason Cox. Without wanting to sound hysterical, I believe that he has some kind of footballing genius, which probably comes somehow from his basketball. The way he gets into position and taps/palms the ball on is nothing short of magic. He also clunked some brilliant marks tonight, and this is what we have all been waiting for.
What also amazed me tonight was his brilliant play at ground level!! Who would have imagined that a guy with his height could play such a dangerous role here??
I am just stoked with this wonderful team victory.

Good call on the Phillips tag. Brayshaw had been the architect of their drive off half back in recent weeks and they robbed Peter to pay Paul.
Phillips will learn from it and the lesson is, dont be close to BOG for three weeks in a row and then think you won’t get noticed.

Brayshaw 37 and 39 touches the last two weeks. This week? 16 and Phillips 19.

He went to Phillips to tag him, but it really went the other way in my view.

Another reason that Phillips was out of the play a bit is that he gets most of his ball through link up play off half back. Melbourne didn't get forward enough for him to be prolific.

I also got the impression that we were mainly using the opposite wing most of the day.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:16 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

This game was hot, hot, hot. It was not like Melbourne had an off day
Woods!

It's great to see you so buzzed about this magnificent win today MM.

Of course, Paul Roos said that Melbourne just had a one-off bad day!!! Rolling Eyes

Importantly we have pantsed them the last two times, and both times meant something.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:24 pm

From AFL website:

"3. And then there was one…
Leading into Monday's clash, Melbourne's Jesse Hogan and Collingwood's Will Hoskin-Elliott were the only players in the competition to have kicked a goal in all 11 games this season. With Hogan going goalless for the first time this season against the Magpies, Hoskin-Elliott is now the last man standing. Hoskin-Elliott (four goals) continued his stellar form and was again a major factor in a Collingwood victory. He has been a superb pick-up from Greater Western Sydney after being traded to Collingwood at the end of 2016"

Well done WHE!! His strong marking and goal kicking accuracy has been so great to see this season.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:24 pm

De Goey reminds me of Pants Millane its his bullish efforts in packs and his elite disposal.

Much to like about the win- too many positives to single one out.

There is still much room for improvement- would like to really annihilate Carlton after the bye.

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:26 pm

MagpieDynasty wrote:
And a P.S. to Monaco Matt - surely you’ve outrun that cloud of doom atop your head now!!!

Hahaha...never been to Monaco but I assume you have me in your gun. Well, yes, I must admit I allowed the shroud of doom to cast over my head. I still had sour memories of last year's BigFreeze3 umpire reaming fresh in my mind and fully expected another thorough umpire reaming. Glad to report my friend that the dark skies are clearing and the weather forecast is looking like sunshine and lollipops for the near future. Cool

MONCO: Your life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 7 of 12   

Jump to: