Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies wallop Dees - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:49 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood 20.13.133
Melbourne 14.7.91

Goals: Cox 5, H-E, Stevo 4, Thomas 3, Treloar, Adams, Mihocek, Pendles 1,

Disposals: Sidey, Treloar 32, De Goey 30, Adams 24, Pendles 23, Crisp 21, Phillips, Mayne 19, Thomas, Langdon 18, Maynard, Daics, Cox 16, Howe 15, Grundy 13, Shaz 12, Stevo 11, H-E 10,

Tackles: Treloar, Grundy 7, Stevo, Mayne, Crisp, De Goey 6

D/E: Langdon 85%, Crisp 82.6. Dunn, H-E 81.8, Maynard 81.3

AF Points: Sidey 121, De Goey 117, Cox 114, Treloar 110, Grundy 101.

Crowd: 83, 518

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
foreigner Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:08 am

jatsad wrote:

Now let's hope the media get on board and don't just say Melbourne failed because of expectation.

I'd just be happy to fly under the radar, no need for the media to blow us up.

foreigner Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:29 am

Piesnchess wrote:
WE are on our way now, finally, we can start talking Finals footy, after a long break, too long. Bucks and his assistants are working miracles, remember, wti till have likes of Moore, Elliott, fas, varcoe, reid to come in, theres five of our best, yet we have covered for them. Great win, we kicked the snowbound deees bunnies asses, on their most loved day, too. !!

Would they be automatic "ins" now? I reckon they will have to come through the seconds

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:32 am

Does it like him too?
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:38 am

foreigner wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
WE are on our way now, finally, we can start talking Finals footy, after a long break, too long. Bucks and his assistants are working miracles, remember, wti till have likes of Moore, Elliott, fas, varcoe, reid to come in, theres five of our best, yet we have covered for them. Great win!!

Would they be automatic "ins" now? I reckon they will have to come through the seconds

If the current form continues, then they would be consigned to the VFL for at least 1-2 games you'd imagine, barring a run of injuries in seniors?

But a good problem to have, nonetheless....

slangman 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:16 am

John LEWIN wrote:
Maybe a tip of the hat to Peter Murphy? Something has changed big time and it is hard to think it was all a coincidence.

Or maybe it’s because we started making winning games of football as the priority since Gary Pert “resigned”....

He was a BIG reason why we floundered over the last five years. I’m glad he’s gone.

Streak Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:45 am

Fantastic effort, and a win worth celebrating. This will give us some good vibes going into bye week!

1. Maybe it's just because I was watching the game in the wee early hours (wrapped up at 4am, my time), but did we play 3/4 of the game in our attacking half of the ground? Certainly felt like it. Fantastic job, from coaches on down.

2. I look through the GB Medal Votes every week, and although he has flashes of brilliant potential, I don't think I've ever seen a vote for Mason Cox in there. Take a look now. Near-BOG performance in a big win on a big occasion. The man has arrived.

Is it a coincidence he didn't seem to be wearing two players for 2.5 hours? Which poses the question: what on earth do opposition sides do - he's dangerous, and if you double-team him one of our smaller guys will bob up and kick five or six. We have what we lacked last year: a forward line that worries opposition.

3. Jaidyn Stephenson - just give him the Rising Star now and be done with it. This is the most confident, composed, freakishly talented kid I've seen in a while, and I'm rapt he wears black and white to the office.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:47 am

It's hard to imagine 12 weeks ago after some poor JLT for, that this side would be on the verge of a top 4 spot
I had high hopes during the off season reading reports from Warburton lad and watching our team train but I was still realistic that maybe we still needed a couple pieces to be a real force.
I didn't imagine Stephenson making such a impact. Yeah he's had a couple weeks when he's been a bit off but as a kid in his first season his done far more than I could have hoped for. He's a gun who when his body fills out a bit will be a massive part of our team for years to come.
I had Mayne written off as a bad buy. Right now he's actually added something to a aide that was chugging along ok. He's not getting loads of it but he's doing loads of little things like sheppards smothers tackling and setting up our classy outside players. He's reinvented himself and is even doing some grunt work at the contests. Right now he's valuable to what we are doing
WHE is just a pure footballer simple as that. He just gets into the rig places to get the ball and kick goals.
Scharenberg is now showing why he was rated one of the best juniors seen in the gsme. He had a quieter day yesterday disposal,wise but then again the ball didn't get down there that often. He reads the game as good as anyone in the game and his ability to cover for others leaving his man and impacting contests is fantastic. If his body holds up he's got about 200 more great games in the black and white
Our midfield bats so deep no team can shut them down totally. If Pendles gets held Sidey steps up. If Sidey has a quiet day Treloar has a big one. If Treloar has a off day Phillips gets loads of it, if Adams isn't having a winning day JDG goes into the middle and gets it done, Mayanrd Thomas Wells Varcoe Aish Brown Greenwood Crisp Daicos have all played roles as well.
The class of Pendles Trelaor Sidey Phillips just overwhelmes sides.
I watched the game again in the early hours today in the quiet of my media room alone and when you watch it again you see so much more than the first time.
Cox is just going to keep,getting better. He kicked 5 but was responsible for another 4 by drawing more defenders to him freeing up others.
JDG is a beast and was instrumental in getting us off to a roaring start. His first quarter set the day up for us. He had 10 touches and 6 inside 50's and 4 tackles 4 clearances and 3 X 1%ers. It's scary to think how good this kid could be in years to come. Pay him now Eddie he's price isn't going to go down
Dunn doesn't get a lot of love on here at times but he's the general down back. He and Scharenberg play the deep hard roles allowing Howe Crisp Langdon to press up. His foot race with that Dee's player showed a massive effort from a guy not noted for leg speed but he just never gave up. He's more than justified his signing
Pendles Sidey Trelaor all had big moments during the game which set up our win. Apart from Sidey kicking 0-3 when a guy as skilled as him should have kicked 3-0 there impact was massive. Sidey set up a out 4 goals, Pendles kicked a massive goal to wrestle back momentum and Trelaor kicked a beauty as well.
The coaches should be given credit. We've been challenged during games and had to adapt as well as deal with injuries during games and each time we've shown we can move the magnets around and find a way to be at a minimum
If you look at who's not playing in Elliott Moore Reid Aish Varcoe all who would be in or around our best 22 then it's a great place to be in
At 8-4 that's about as good as we could have hoped for before the the first bounce. A couple games when we got struck down by injury but we were in every game and haven't given up at any time.
We must come out after the bye and win the next 3. At 11-4 heading into the west coast game we can make a real statement and set up our finals chances. I actually like our chances against west coast on the G if we can go in close to full strength. We will need Moore at CHB to allow us to use Howe and Scharenberg as 3rd man up against there forwards.
I'm a happy camper right now and can't wait to see how far this team can go.
If everything aligns up then who knows
Remember my fellow pies dreams are free and good for the soul
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:52 am

Oops. Too much data.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:36 am

MagpieDynasty wrote:
OK so referencing thread titles Mason Cox Not Good Enough and We haven’t Beaten A Team In The Top Eight - please can we retire these threads!!!

No. They’re beautiful monuments to knobs and perceptive fellows

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:41 am

She,s “Apple,s Flynn—-you were stiff to make way for Jeremy

At the presser your coach said so

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:43 am

Cam wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

This game was hot, hot, hot. It was not like Melbourne had an off day
Woods!

It's great to see you so buzzed about this magnificent win today MM.

Of course, Paul Roos said that Melbourne just had a one-off bad day!!! Rolling Eyes

Importantly we have pantsed them the last two times, and both times meant something.

You back from the cliff for good Cam?

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:24 am

Off day❓

If you kicked 14 goals every off day

K 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:49 am

John LEWIN wrote:
Maybe a tip of the hat to Peter Murphy? Something has changed big time and it is hard to think it was all a coincidence.

Peter Murphy and others really seem like highly valuable resources that the club has not made proper use of...
Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:55 pm

Dunne's run down the wing in that chase was outstanding and illustrated a commitment and desire to succeed. I can't help but feel that this was both a catalyst for and barometer of our team's character this year.
I love the big man.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12   

Jump to: