Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies wallop Dees - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood 20.13.133
Melbourne 14.7.91

Goals: Cox 5, H-E, Stevo 4, Thomas 3, Treloar, Adams, Mihocek, Pendles 1,

Disposals: Sidey, Treloar 32, De Goey 30, Adams 24, Pendles 23, Crisp 21, Phillips, Mayne 19, Thomas, Langdon 18, Maynard, Daics, Cox 16, Howe 15, Grundy 13, Shaz 12, Stevo 11, H-E 10,

Tackles: Treloar, Grundy 7, Stevo, Mayne, Crisp, De Goey 6

D/E: Langdon 85%, Crisp 82.6. Dunn, H-E 81.8, Maynard 81.3

AF Points: Sidey 121, De Goey 117, Cox 114, Treloar 110, Grundy 101.

Crowd: 83, 518

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:30 pm

Really enjoyed the Dunn sprint in the first quarter against someone much trimmer, younger and you’d assume quicker. Reminded my of Leigh Brown against i think the Bulldogs in final?
Doc63 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:31 pm

What a fantastic all round team performance. Just wonderful to watch.

Take a bow Bux, terrific day in the box.

It's been a long time since i've been this excited about going to the footy.

Any debate about where De Goey should play has been put to rest. He is a bull of a mid fielder.

We have so many options in our forward line at the moment, the opposition just can't cover them all.

Really happy for Cox. Its about time he got rewarded for his hard work.

Also, great to see Mayne playing so well. Hope he can keep it up for the rest of the season.

The last pieces of the puzzle are Moore and Elliott, and possibly Varcoe as well. Scary if we can get them all on the park.

Go Pies!

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:34 pm

The form of JDG and Stephenson shows you how much we missed the top 10 draft class of Freeman and Schaz over the past few years. Both have added PLENTY to last year’s squad. Schaz now starting to show his wares. Aish was tracking nicely until being injured. You can’t replace class and match winners with stop gaps and speculative picks.
uncanny 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:38 pm

best win from an all round team perspective since 2012. 5he belief in the group must be growling that they can achieve big things this year. top 4 now a 4eal possibility and anyhting can happen from there
glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:39 pm

warburton lad wrote:
De Goey reminds me of Pants Millane its his bullish efforts in packs and his elite disposal.

Much to like about the win- too many positives to single one out.

There is still much room for improvement- would like to really annihilate Carlton after the bye.

Yes - I was thinking the same thing today. He had that presence, didn't he. Whenever Millane got near the ball you couldn't help feel it was going to advantage. JDG is becoming a similar player, a real rock.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:45 pm

Just want to give credit to Grundy as well. Gawn was winning the ruck contests early but was worn down as the game went on. Ended beating Gawn in the hit outs 38-33 which no one does. We won hit outs overall 47-35.

Most importantly though, we dominated the clearances, which is the point of good ruck work. No point winning hit outs if you're losing clearances.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:52 pm

WE are on our way now, finally, we can start talking Finals footy, after a long break, too long. Bucks and his assistants are working miracles, remember, wti till have likes of Moore, Elliott, fas, varcoe, reid to come in, theres five of our best, yet we have covered for them. Great win, we kicked the snowbound deees bunnies asses, on their most loved day, too. !!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
E 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:17 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
The form of JDG and Stephenson shows you how much we missed the top 10 draft class of Freeman and Schaz over the past few years. Both have added PLENTY to last year’s squad. Schaz now starting to show his wares. Aish was tracking nicely until being injured. You can’t replace class and match winners with stop gaps and speculative picks.

i dont know about that. there is a pick 75 out there running 'em off their legs....

MagpieDynasty Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:19 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
MagpieDynasty wrote:
And a P.S. to Monaco Matt - surely you’ve outrun that cloud of doom atop your head now!!!

Hahaha...never been to Monaco but I assume you have me in your gun. Well, yes, I must admit I allowed the shroud of doom to cast over my head. I still had sour memories of last year's BigFreeze3 umpire reaming fresh in my mind and fully expected another thorough umpire reaming. Glad to report my friend that the dark skies are clearing and the weather forecast is looking like sunshine and lollipops for the near future. Cool

Welcome back to blue skies mate 😀

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:38 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Any love for Lynden Dunn ?
The Dees two big boys have been on fire and although McDonald got off the chain against Sharenberg a few times, Dunn at worst, halved every aerial contest he was involved in.
He’s a ripper.

Took Hogan out of the Game

Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:41 pm

Love beating the D's.

I kept waiting for them to come back all day. For their game to click into gear. And when they tried, it sputtered and died and we just pulled further ahead.

I reckon all of Schaz, Wells, Maynard and Phillips had games to forget and we still got up by 7 goals. This against the 3rd placed side in the comp who was in white hot form.

It was great to see big Mason have a day out. Loved the slow mo of him dobbing it from 50 too. Could hear fellow Texan Phil Anselmo growling "you know it" as he nodded his approval.

For years I lamented how other teams seemed to be able to draft a kid who would proceed to have immediate impact. Well this is what it feels like and thanks Stevo. Loving your work. Not only kicked 4 but shut Jetta out of the game, reducing their run.

The midfield stood the f*** up and shut down a pretty hard and tough opponent. There was no way, especially on recent form, that I saw us creaming them in the middle like that. They even sent Hogan in there in part to get a kick but also to try and get more weight in the engine room. He did as badly there as he did on Dunn.

It's really good, even as being just a fellow human being, to see Chris Mayne out there and playing decent footy. He needs to start kicking those goals though. Would have had a decent say in mark of the year if he'd held that screamer late in the day.

Brody Mihocek: Quieter this week and fair enough. His debut was huge. But we have a very neat, clever player there who is strong in the marking contest and reliable in front of goal.

The Grundy/Gawn battle was great. I'll give it to Grundy in a points decision. He came home really strongly.

Crispy continues his run of form. Sidey was instrumental at times. Pendles was like a Swiss watch and Treloar is finding more and more space at speed than in the past. Adams continued to work his way into form.

Tommy Langdon may be responsible for 114 of the 105 goals kicked against us this year (just ask QLD Magpie) but his work overhead today was huge at times. And if WHE can keep showing up week to week, then our forward line looks to have regained a fair portion of its bite.

We had about as many stats and won by 7 goals. That's good footy. We kicked 11.4 after half time. Brilliant footy. We smashed the D's, after their fans had all cancelled their ski trips, thinking that this winter would be different from the last 20. Super.

8 and 4 at the bye. A game and a half clear of 9th and two games clear of 10th who have a game in hand. We're percentage from 4th (Geelong) and geez that loss against them is all the more disappointing at the moment. However, the top 4 all play each other next weekend and there are other top 4 clashes in the following weeks. Our draw is soft for a couple of weeks after the bye so there is a chance for us to move back up into those top few spots.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:51 pm

didick wrote:
Really enjoyed the Dunn sprint in the first quarter against someone much trimmer, younger and you’d assume quicker. Reminded my of Leigh Brown against i think the Bulldogs in final?

and in Last Qtr When he Put Gawn on his Ass

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:22 am

Well this is a long, long way from the steaming pile of shit we served up in round 1, is it not?

I'm loving the quick ball movement forward, minimal kicking backwards, and the total buy-in we get from 22 players each week, no passengers.
We are close to playing 4 solid quarters most weeks.

This is our best result at the turn since 2012, IIRC?
Seasons 2013 was wishy/washy in the 2nd half of that year.
Seasons 2014 & 2015, we lost too many close games, and the team's confidence departed quickly, thus we missed the eight in those years.

But we blooded many players in those dark times, much by necessity due to injury, and are now seeing some long overdue pay-dirt for our pain.

Hope the players go where they need to go during the bye to recharge their batteries; whatever works.

Need to demoralise Carlton and GCS after the bye, then see how the Dopers are travelling.
We need to be W11/L4 by the time we strike WCE at the MCG.
The July/August run home is a mixed bag of challenges, let's hope we can maintain a similar vein of form.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:48 am

Honourable mentions for Dunn, Langdon and Crisp.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12   

Jump to: