Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Get ready for media moan & groan on Brownlow

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

i just cant believe the way they commentated that incident. They immediately jumped to his defense and said - fine but no suspension. Already trying to work the court of public opinion. i just compare that to the rocca incident that cost us a grand final. Take a look at the two and see if ytou can tell the difference. Compare is also the the way Cameron Ling reacts to any head high contact - e.g., Mason Cox!!!!

the bias is everywhere.

EDIT: i am watching the rest of the replay and obviously the AFL have gotten in touch with the media and told them to reset public opinion. All of a sudden for no reason they started expplaining the rule properly (rather than in the "he will be ok" manner they did it earlier) and identified that in fact if you raise the elbow its intentional.

The hilarity of it is that when the incident happened, they asked Bartel for his expert special comments since he was on the panel. When the incident happened, he was adamant there wasnt enough force and he'll only get a fine (following which BT said, ahh, this guy knows his stuff so that is the definitive view). In the last quarter (after the AFL had worded them up), they went to Bartel again who suddenly remembered that if you raise your elbow its automatically intentional and pretty much a week for sure). Yet again, BT says that he's in trouble then because Bartel is the expert!!!!!

Its really a joke how corrupt the AFL is!!!!! Rules are applied arbitrarily and people in the media are actually trained to push the party line.

Russia and Australia aren't that different. The only difference is that we THINK we have a free media. We arent. Big corporations completely control our media and our government.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Skids wrote:
David wrote:
One week seems to be the right call for me.

Really?
There was nothing in it, Levi bounced to his feet. It was like a slap from the missus when you get water all over the kitchen washing the dishes.

I don't get how Buddy got off for busting a blokes face open, throwing elbows like a cage fighter.

The system is well & truly fcud IMO.

WTAF mate!

If hubby picks up a dish cloth ain’t no slapping goin on! But then That’s what dish washers are for!

Give him a week for the hair!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: