Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Magpies v. Demons - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
I'm not going. It's the first Collingwood match in Victoria I will be missing in two years. I have a uni exam at the same time the match is played Sad

In regards to the game, we will be underdogs but I can't see why we're not a chance in causing an upset. A win would do our season wonders, but a loss wouldn't be the end of the world either.

It will be a good challenge for our up and coming team.

In 1986 I was sitting a uni exam when I noticed a lecturer walking between the rows of desks and holding up a small sign that said "At Talaq won the Melbourne Cup".

I am looking forward to you seeing a similar sign,but telling you that the Pies have stuck it up the Dees.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:52 pm

I have a friend who was living in London when we beat the Demons in the 1958 Grand Final. This was long before live broadcasts, the internet, mobile phones etc.

Anyway, she rang Australia House in London to find the scores, but before she had a chance to open her mouth, let alone ask her question, the consulate person said "yes, Collingwood has won the flag" and promptly hung up.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:09 pm

If I recall the even in 1958 the last quarter was televised (some one agree ✅

That Grannie the Herald I think printed players and numbers before Record came out so players on both side did not play with their normal number,s

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:51 pm

this game is nothing more than a melscum w@nkfest that we seem to be forever obliged to play along with. they churn out the same old crap year in year out and flog themselves silly over the good old days by wheeling out their geriatrics from yesteryear. we seem content with letting them draw a crowd at our expense. At least anzac day is shared! this isn't and we should be doing more to get an equal share.

what's in it for us? nothing! we get shafted by the scumps and ridiculed by the commentators and it gets worse every year. last year should've been the final straw as we were cheated out of that game. the dees are the scum of the earth and a club of parasites who systematically cheated the system in order to secure high prized draft picks. they got fined but couldn't pay up and were given roos for nothing because they were a basket case. meanwhile clubs like ours who do it the hard way and the right way get taxed and financially penalised for what we have and do in order to prop up shit stain clubs like the dees. i seriously hope that they choke or piss off to tassie to become the tassie devils.

now i know the occasion is used to raise awareness and money for mnd and that's fine but it doesn't seem to change the fact that we get reamed year in year out. it's almost like we're 'not allowed to win'. we're the bad guy. how dare we try and get over the line and pi$$ on their parade.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:55 pm

Great cause, but I don’t want any part of this day as a Collingwood person.
Last year was the final straw. I haven’t been to QB in years. It’s a guaranteed L. We should simply rest our stars and reload after the bye.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:39 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
In 1986 I was sitting a uni exam when I noticed a lecturer walking between the rows of desks and holding up a small sign that said "At Talaq won the Melbourne Cup".

I am looking forward to you seeing a similar sign,but telling you that the Pies have stuck it up the Dees.

That would be nice Smile

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:46 pm

mgh3536 wrote:
i think Grundy is improving his hit outs to advantage

Did it very well, this is his biggest test.

The smiling asassin, a true beast, he will rise to the occasion.

I've always rated Brody, but he's even better than I thought.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:48 pm

What are your goals in life?
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:28 pm

HAL wrote:
What are your goals in life?

For Collingwood to kick them

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:31 pm

Skids wrote:
mgh3536 wrote:
i think Grundy is improving his hit outs to advantage

Did it very well, this is his biggest test.

The smiling asassin, a true beast, he will rise to the occasion.

I've always rated Brody, but he's even better than I thought.

Yes, a very accurate description.
He is so smooth, so calm and self controlled, yet deadly in his attack on the ball. His rating is even higher than the Mt Hubble telescope.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:40 pm

I am concerned about the height differenatial in defence. As others have commented, Demons have two massive tall threats up forward, which we will be vulnerable to with exactly the current personnel.
Howe to come in obviously and replace...who?? ...I think Flynn Appleby, only because Howe is an AA. If Reid is available, I would also select him, (not in place of Mihovec but as well as him). Reid to go in defence, and keep Mihovec in the forward line. My only quandary is who goes out for Reid? My instinct says Josh Daicos. So yes, I would change the mix in this way to combat Melbourne's height in their F50.
If Reid is not available to play, then only change is Howe in to replace Flynn.
Our defence relies only 50% on those in defence. the other 50% comes from our massive midfield. Midflield pressure and defensive running, will be the key.
We have the most extensive midfield in the comp, and we must play this to advantage, with our strength, which is gut running ... in both directions.
I think we are in with a definite chance.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:40 pm

^^ dp
Crazypie 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:23 am

WarrenerraW wrote:
this game is nothing more than a melscum w@nkfest that we seem to be forever obliged to play along with. they churn out the same old crap year in year out and flog themselves silly over the good old days by wheeling out their geriatrics from yesteryear. we seem content with letting them draw a crowd at our expense. At least anzac day is shared! this isn't and we should be doing more to get an equal share.

what's in it for us? nothing! we get shafted by the scumps and ridiculed by the commentators and it gets worse every year. last year should've been the final straw as we were cheated out of that game. the dees are the scum of the earth and a club of parasites who systematically cheated the system in order to secure high prized draft picks. they got fined but couldn't pay up and were given roos for nothing because they were a basket case. meanwhile clubs like ours who do it the hard way and the right way get taxed and financially penalised for what we have and do in order to prop up shit stain clubs like the dees. i seriously hope that they choke or piss off to tassie to become the tassie devils.

now i know the occasion is used to raise awareness and money for mnd and that's fine but it doesn't seem to change the fact that we get reamed year in year out. it's almost like we're 'not allowed to win'. we're the bad guy. how dare we try and get over the line and pi$$ on their parade.

Ask and you shall receive!

Eddie negotiating it back to 50/50 share;

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-04/demons-pies-at-odds-over-qb-home-games

melliot 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:24 am

I like the fact that we are playing in the big game of the round. We have some relevance again.

God I really hope we win and win convincingly. To show we have arrived.

A bit of the 2002 lions game at Etihad. That was an arrival game.
ROB 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:35 am

I actually think Josh Thomas may be ready for a run in the 2s as he is probably weakest on form in recent weeks, dilemma is he can turn it on when given opportunity. I don't actually think we need Reid - we have played better without him in nearly every game he hasn't played. So who to drop for Howe...Langdon or Greenwood maybe? Stephenson and Daicos are holding on because of speed and pressure they apply in the forward half but either one could go out also. If Howe and Reid both come in it will be interesting...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14   

Jump to: